• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Wild Rose Press / Wildflowers Books

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
Good luck, JulianneQJohnson! :)

I queried TWRP (Black Rose Line) on June 29th.
Does anyone know what their usual response time is? I can't seem to find it on their website.

Dream Weaver

Blank pages are my enemy
Registered
Reaction score

Does anyone know what their usual response time is? I can't seem to find it on their website.

I queried on 5/16 - a few days later I received an email from the editor requesting the full m/s. Almost exactly a month after that I received an email from the same editor saying that my m/s was approved for contract. :) So TWRP moves pretty quickly! I was impressed.

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
I queried on 5/16 - a few days later I received an email from the editor requesting the full m/s. Almost exactly a month after that I received an email from the same editor saying that my m/s was approved for contract. :) So TWRP moves pretty quickly! I was impressed.

Thanks for the info, Dream Weaver! And congrats on your contract! :)
I only queried them about 10 days ago, but I'm wondering if/when I should consider it a "no" from TWRP...

tiffany318

Registered
Reaction score

Did you ever hear back from TWRP? I queried them on Sep. 10th and on Sep. 18th I got a request for my full. My email says that by November I should hear back.

tiffany318

Registered
Reaction score
As posted above, I queried on Sep. 10, got a request for a full on the 18th. Then, Oct. 9th I received an email that the senior editor that had requested my full had forwarded my ms on to another editor (in the same line) and I should have a response by Nov. 18th. Not sure if this is good or bad.

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
Did you ever hear back from TWRP? I queried them on Sep. 10th and on Sep. 18th I got a request for my full. My email says that by November I should hear back.

Sorry, I didn't see your question until just now.
Yeah, they responded a couple weeks later saying they don't publish my genre (young adult). My bad.

As posted above, I queried on Sep. 10, got a request for a full on the 18th. Then, Oct. 9th I received an email that the senior editor that had requested my full had forwarded my ms on to another editor (in the same line) and I should have a response by Nov. 18th. Not sure if this is good or bad.

Congrats, Tiffany! I think that's good news, because if she didn't see something in your book she probably would have just rejected it his/herself. Good luck!

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I believe I got a request for full the day after I queried.

I signed with them about two weeks later. I couldn't be happier so far. The response time from my editor is insanely fast. I've asked a few questions and received a response within one minute. I'm already on my second round of edits.

tiffany318

Registered
Reaction score
I believe I got a request for full the day after I queried.

I signed with them about two weeks later. I couldn't be happier so far. The response time from my editor is insanely fast. I've asked a few questions and received a response within one minute. I'm already on my second round of edits.

I have another query out, but haven't heard back from it. That is so awesome you had such a fast turn around!

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Well ... I should clarify that a few days after I sent them my full I started getting contracts in my inbox from other presses.

I'm sure it would have taken longer if they were the only one interested.

Lauram6123

Registered
Reaction score
I queried on 7/3. Got a request for a partial on 7/23. On 7/25 I got a request for full provided I changed a couple of things. That took me a few weeks, because I combed my manuscript for any other mistakes. Sent it back and got a contract offer in late September. Now, I just finished my second round of edits.
Everybody I've dealt with has been fantastic.

tiffany318

Registered
Reaction score
I queried on 7/3. Got a request for a partial on 7/23. On 7/25 I got a request for full provided I changed a couple of things. That took me a few weeks, because I combed my manuscript for any other mistakes. Sent it back and got a contract offer in late September. Now, I just finished my second round of edits.
Everybody I've dealt with has been fantastic.

This relieves me a bit on the second one I submitted that they don't always have a super fast turn around after your initial query.

I scoured the internet and their submission pages, but never found anything saying I could not submit more than one manuscript to them at a time. Does anyone have any experience with doing that?

Karen Junker

Live a little. Write a lot.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CascadeWriters.com
You can submit as many as you want. Why not just use a different pen name for each one? That's what owners/editors at many small presses do when they publish their own work and promote it over the work of the other unwitting writers who submit to them.

tiffany318

Registered
Reaction score
On the 13th I submitted the second query I mentioned above to the Sweetheart Rose line and got a request for a full today.

tiffany318

Registered
Reaction score
Not feeling hopeful

Well, I got the request for my full and was told that I would here by the 18th of this month, but what I've read, it sounds like most people who got offers got them much faster. I am readying myself for a rejection.

tiffany318

Registered
Reaction score
Any updates from anyone submitting or working on stuff for TWRP? This forum has been quiet!

tiffany318

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I got the request for my full and was told that I would here by the 18th of this month, but what I've read, it sounds like most people who got offers got them much faster. I am readying myself for a rejection.

Got my rejection over the weekend. I did get some good feedback from the editor as to why I was rejected. That is so much nicer than a form letter.

Lauram6123

Registered
Reaction score
Got my rejection over the weekend. I did get some good feedback from the editor as to why I was rejected. That is so much nicer than a form letter.

I'm sorry to hear that Tiffany. I'm glad they gave you some feedback, though. I've always found rejections like that to be an invaluable resource.

Good luck finding a home for your ms!

FiveForFlight

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
A happy hello to all! I've been silently reading (lurking - lol) through all of the posts here, trying to see everyone's experiences with TWRP. For the most part, I see a lot more positive posts than negative ones. I'm pretty new to the publishing game, but not to writing. I've been self-pubbed since 2011 and am happy with that whole thing. But, how could I resist the lure of being published by a press? So, here I am with stats from TWRP, for those interested in my progress: I queried TWRP (Black Rose Line) on 11/10/14; received a query acknowledgment on 11/14/14 from a Senior Editor, advising me that my query was being forwarded on to the Senior Editor from the Black Rose Imprint and it could to take up to 45 days for a response; received a friendly request for the full manuscript from a Senior Editor from the Black Rose Imprint on 11/20/14. I hope this helps many out there, as your posts have helped me. Writing is deeply personal to me and I'm sure it is for every one of you. A rejection, especially a form one, can wound and even make you doubt yourself as a writer, at times. Good luck to everyone with manuscripts out there! I have fingers and toes crossed for all of us.

SueBee

Addicted To Romance & Reese's Cups
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susanbehon.com
Query receipt

I queried 11/19. I received an e-mail today 11/21 that query is being forwarded to senior editor of the champagne rose line. I'll post more stats as I get them.

Good luck to everyone!

SueBee

Addicted To Romance & Reese's Cups
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susanbehon.com
I queried 11/19. I received an e-mail today 11/21 that query is being forwarded to senior editor of the champagne rose line. I'll post more stats as I get them.

Good luck to everyone!

I received a request for a full ms today, 11/23. The communication is amazing!