AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Mitchell J. Hamilburg Agency

Mitchell J. Hamilburg Agency

I found the Mitchell J. Hamilburg Agency at writersmarket.com, but I can't find any other information about them. Michael Hamilburg is listed as the contact, and I found a website that says he particiapted in the Santa Barbara Writers Conference in 2007.

Does anyone have any info on this agency or on Michael Hamilburg?

Somewhere in the hills.... Appalachian Writer's Avatar
    Seems legit, based in Beverly Hills, Represented AND THE SEA WILL TELL in 1991. Accepts screenplays and scripts. Hope this helps.
    Remember; GONE WITH THE WIND was rejected 132 times!

http://wkeverhart.blogspot.com
    http://raphaelsvillage.com/
    working revisions:
    book 1...now at 97,702 complete! finished.
    book 2...now at 40,551

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    THE MITCHELL J. HAMILBURG AGENCY

11718 Barrington Ct.
    Los Angeles CA 90049-2930 Phone: (310) 471-4024
    Fax: (310) 471-9588
    Query with SASE
    Submit:
    Outline 2 sample chapters
    Responds in 1 month to manuscripts.
    The late Mitchell J. Hamilburg founded the agency in 1937. It is run by his son, Michael Hamilburg.

P&E says:

Mike Hamilburg: $ A literary agent believed with Mitchell J. Hamilburg Aency
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

Your thoughts are not real... mario_c's Avatar
    Query on the way.
    Finished my first novel. Buy it here.
    I write scripts, too..
    . Got comics art?
    I proofread, cheap - for now - on Fiverr.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Your Question Regarding Michael Hamilburg

Quote Originally Posted by ExposingCorruption View Post
    I found the Mitchell J. Hamilburg Agency at writersmarket.com, but I can't find any other information about them. Michael Hamilburg is listed as the contact, and I found a website that says he particiapted in the Santa Barbara Writers Conference in 2007.

Does anyone have any info on this agency or on Michael Hamilburg?
    I have had contact with Michael Hamilburg and met him face to face in 2004. At the time of our meeting he informed me that he was stepping back from full time participation in the business to spend more time with his family.
    Mike is an open and honest professional and was helpful to me with advice and pointers on where to go, what to do etc. I learned that the agency was started by his father, Mitchell, and Mike later joined him in the business. The agency has represented some top notch performers and sports figures, including Robert DiNiro, Al Pacino, Jodie Foster, Wilt Chamberlain, Jackie Robinson, and Tom Brokaw.
    I have also spoken to a few others who know Mike, and all had only good things to say about him from a professional and personal standpoint. My wife and I spent only an hour with Mike, but we walked away with a very positive impression.
    Jim Lilley

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Son Michael passed away Jan '16. (obit)
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: