• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Zachary Shuster Harmsworth

artemis

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Thedrellum, you have quelled my worries! I was becoming nervous because there are people on here saying that it only took them one day to get a positive response to a FULL. But if she's been busy of late then I'll follow what Janet Reid said about giving them a couple months with a partial.

I wouldn't worry. I think I happened to catch her at the right time (and it didn't hurt that we share an alma mater and I mentioned that in the subject line).

MadameApeFace

How do you work this crazy thing?
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, am I high? Individual agent bios on the site seem to suggest they are open to submissions, but right there in black and white on their email form it says they are not open to "unsolicited submissions of any kind." Huh? Wha? It sounds like people are submitting anyway and receiving positive feedback, so...huh?

j0hnson

aspirant.
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, am I high? Individual agent bios on the site seem to suggest they are open to submissions, but right there in black and white on their email form it says they are not open to "unsolicited submissions of any kind." Huh? Wha? It sounds like people are submitting anyway and receiving positive feedback, so...huh?

I actually got some clarification about this wording from Lana. What they mean is that they aren't accepting unsolicited manuscripts, but some of the agents are still open to submissions. The wording is awkward, but they just don't want people sending them entire books without querying and jumping through the proper hoops.

dale hollin

Registered
Reaction score
very quick rejection from ms. matzie. like in 20 minutes. my 2nd rejection out of 10 queries. i won't let myself fret unless all 10 show zero interest.....then i may fret a bit.

quianaa2001

Registered
Reaction score
I got a PR on 1/8/14. Haven't heard back, but in her email it said she would only respond if she wanted to see more. But others gave gotten replies to their PR's and fulls. I'm guessing mine will be a reject because she works fast when she likes something, like matter of days :/ sigh

perzsa

Registered
Reaction score
lana popovic had a few tweets on March 4 about her responses: no response means no for queries and partials, and she sends form rejections for fulls unless it's a very close call. hope this helps!

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Lana Popovic on 6/22 (MG urban fantasy) and got a full request 6/23. It's the debut of my newest query letter, so that's exciting. She also emailed me, just to let me know when she got the PDF.

Last edited:

quianaa2001

Registered
Reaction score
Since I messed up with Lana, was wondering if anybody knew anything about Natasha Alexis?

quianaa2001

Registered
Reaction score
Is freaking out!

I sent out a one off query to Natasha Alexis a while back not thinking much about it, assuming it would be another reject (I've gotten so many of those!).

I am SHOCKED that she got back to me asking to see my MS!! I'm guessing she wants to see the whole thing? Anybody have any thoughts on her?

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Just FYI, Lana Popovic and Natasha Alexis are no longer with ZSH. They've moved to Chalberg and Sussman.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
To add to the general agent-swapping confusion, Rick Richter has joined ZSH and looks to be handling most of their YA and children's literature, as well as expanding upwards into New Adult. He has tons of experience on the publishing side; he co-founded Candlewick, which is pretty amazing in itself.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Is Jacob Moore at this agency? Querytracker says so, but his name isn't under their list of agents. Not sure if this means he's new and they haven't added him yet, or if it means he's left them. Google isn't being very helpful.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
Is Jacob Moore at this agency? Querytracker says so, but his name isn't under their list of agents. Not sure if this means he's new and they haven't added him yet, or if it means he's left them. Google isn't being very helpful.

Googling, I can see references to him being a new agent in 2013. PM shows two NF sales in that year. Nothing since then. No QT-reported requests. And he isn't on the website that I can see, other than as a possible recipient of the online form. I've seen no references to him at any other firm.

If I had to bet, it would be that he's no longer an agent and the agency just hasn't thought to remove him from their form. If he were an agent there, wouldn't two years be enough time to get him listed?

Mossy9

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all.
I queried Erica Bauman, editorial assistant at this agency. She requested the 1st 100 pages. Anyone have any good/bad comments about her? This thread is a year old.

Thanks!

dancing-drama

Priestly Up!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all.
I queried Erica Bauman, editorial assistant at this agency. She requested the 1st 100 pages. Anyone have any good/bad comments about her? This thread is a year old.

Thanks!

Hey Mossy! Congratulations! That's huge!!

Would you mind sharing the time frame of query/request? She has a small partial from me that she requested through #PitMad, and seems genuinely nice, so I'm wondering how fast she's combing through her emails.

Mossy9

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I found her through #MSWL back in june. I queried her in june got a response at the end of August requesting 1st 100 pages and query. She's not an agent but an editorial assistant. I wasn't sure how that would work. Thoughts?

Yeah she's been SUPER professional and has a lovely email voice. I've really liked her so far. She said she'll be in contact in 4-8 weeks. if I haven't heard from her then she said please do nudge her or if anything changes with my book.

Good luck to you!

dancing-drama

Priestly Up!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I found her through #MSWL back in june. I queried her in june got a response at the end of August requesting 1st 100 pages and query. She's not an agent but an editorial assistant. I wasn't sure how that would work. Thoughts?

Yeah she's been SUPER professional and has a lovely email voice. I've really liked her so far. She said she'll be in contact in 4-8 weeks. if I haven't heard from her then she said please do nudge her or if anything changes with my book.

Good luck to you!

I feel like editorial assistant is just a fancy word for Junior Agent who does a lot of editorial work on manuscripts. At least that's the impression I got when I googled her and found a few stories of people who subbed to her as well...

I'm not holding my breath then, waiting for a quick reply. :) Thanks for the info!

Good luck to you, too!

ETA:

#PitMad request: 09/07
Partial sent: 09/08
Very Nice, slightly personalized R: 09/17

Last edited:

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
From PW:

Two boutique literary agencies are merging to create a new firm that will have over 20 agents and offices in three cities. In a letter sent out this morning, the leaders of the Kuhn Project and Zachary Shuster Harmsworth said that are combining forces to form Aevitas Creative Management, which they described as a “full service literary agency.”

josephperin

Registered
Reaction score
When I filled out the online form and clicked submit, it took me back to the form with most of the fields filled out except the one for the message. Wondering if it actually went through.