The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Workshop] Pen to Press Writers' Retreat

cathyort

[Workshop] Pen to Press Writers' Retreat

Anyone know anything about the Pen to Press Writers' Retreat scheduled for the end of May in New Orleans, LA?

www.pentopressretreat.com

Thanks.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    One of the pricier ones, although they do have some big names attending as speakers. Has the instructors' work reached the level you want to achieve? Worst case, it's an expensive networking session in the Big Easy.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

14 self-pubbed novels and counting!

[Conference] Pen to Press Retreat

I've been receiving (unsolicited) emails about this retreat for a while, but today's took the cake:

"This is being sent to you because you submitted a story to a publisher that
    wasn't published.

They felt that it just needed some more work on your part and forwarded your email to me in hopes that you might be interested in the following workshop."

I don't believe for a second that this happened, given that I don't submit to publishers, and am annoyed by the whole concept.

Is anyone else getting these random emails about the Pen to Press Retreat?

Out of here
    I received one of those too. Just more crap.

ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Out of here
    This is the link on the email received from Richard W. Schierer http://www.pentopressretreat.com/index.cfm

It's a shame they're spamming, especially like that. There's still some good names attending.
    ICAO
    ---------

No sign of further workshops.
    ICAO
    ---------