• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Erin Murphy Literary Agency

TeacherLady

Registered
Reaction score
My mss, based on query, was labeled "quiet" by one agent. Would love to query her as well!

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
EQ: 4/25 to AJP (upon invitation from previous submission)
PR: 5/25

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, nash!

I wonder if she does queries in order, or if she's a non-responder sometimes. I queried on 4/20 with a referral. Hmmm ...

I can't imagine an agent wouldn't at least respond to someone with a referral. It seems like that would be bad business.

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, nash!

I wonder if she does queries in order, or if she's a non-responder sometimes. I queried on 4/20 with a referral. Hmmm ...

I don't know if she responds to her queries in order, but I'd think she'd reply to a referral. Maybe she skips around a little? Best wishes! I hope you hear soon.

And thanks for the congrats, all! :)

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Fantastic, Corinne! Congratulations!!

I had queried Paquette with a referral from a list she'd said she'd read queries from. She had responded with a partial request after about six weeks, but then it had been three months and I was losing hope on the partial.

THEN a friend who is represented by her read my most recent manuscript and sent her a super glowing referral, so she responded saying she still has my other partial in her queue but asking for a partial on this new one, too, and saying she would get to it ASAP.

So I don't how fast that'll be, but I'm glad for the more personal in.

Anyway, congrats again Corinne! Hope you go out on sub soon!

Corinne Duyvis

My New Cat Is Too Big for Shoulders
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
Thanks for the congrats, Amergina and Joy! :D I'm really excited.

Joy, Joan mentioned to me that she's been absolutely flooded this summer. She took a while to get around to reading BLINK (the book she offered on) too. Hopefully she'll be able to dig herself out soon, but if it takes a while longer, at least you'll know it's not just you :) Congrats on the referral, BTW. Having an in like that is definitely good news.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Corinne!

I've been wondering about querying Joan. Back in 2010 she requested a partial off one book based off a query in QLH. After passing on the partial, she later invited me to query her with any future projects (and I did later that year). However, I feel iffy on invoking a 2-year-old invitation when querying now.

Corinne Duyvis

My New Cat Is Too Big for Shoulders
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
Thanks! :D

FWIW, I don't think she'd mind. Invitations to query are probably based on writing quality and general interest in your projects so there's no reason that should change over time. If anything, you'll be a stronger writer now. (Er, not that I am suddenly the Joan Expert or anything. This is something I'd say regarding all agents/invitations to submit.)

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Sage, I agree, you should absolutely query her. Agents know it can take a while to write a new manuscript. I don't think she would mind that two years have passed at all!

So, Joan had partials from me on two different manuscripts (explanation for that a few posts up) and wrote this morning to say she'd read the pages on the first one and LOVED them (caps hers!). She asked me to send the fulls of both manuscripts. When she confirmed, she said she was "really eager to read" - maybe she says that to all the girls, but I'm choosing to feel giddy about it. :)

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds really positive, Joy! Good luck!

And thanks for the advice, gals. Now I just have to finish this R&R so I can query again :)

MaraudingDon

Searching for Arthur
Registered
Reaction score
Website
musingsofapennilesswriter.blogspot.com.au
Sage, I agree, you should absolutely query her. Agents know it can take a while to write a new manuscript. I don't think she would mind that two years have passed at all!

So, Joan had partials from me on two different manuscripts (explanation for that a few posts up) and wrote this morning to say she'd read the pages on the first one and LOVED them (caps hers!). She asked me to send the fulls of both manuscripts. When she confirmed, she said she was "really eager to read" - maybe she says that to all the girls, but I'm choosing to feel giddy about it. :)

Awesome, JoyMC. Best of luck.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
EQ: 2/17/13
Partial request: 4/7/13

YA Science-fiction 67K words

(As with Sage above, she's seen earlier novels of mine and invited me to submit future work -- in my case a year and a half later. I say this just because after I'd posted the details on QueryTracker someone asked how I managed to bypass the "no querying" gate.)

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, that's excellent to hear. Both the partial and that the invite still stands! Congrats!

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
EQ: 2/17/13
Partial request: 4/7/13

YA Science-fiction 67K words

(As with Sage above, she's seen earlier novels of mine and invited me to submit future work -- in my case a year and a half later. I say this just because after I'd posted the details on QueryTracker someone asked how I managed to bypass the "no querying" gate.)

That's awesome Thedrellum! Good luck! :)