• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Erin Murphy Literary Agency

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
When I mentioned I was already working on a revision for another agent, Ms. Paquette asked to see that revision when I finish it, so I'm calling this one an R&R for now. I should have the revised manuscript ready to go sometime in mid- to late-January, so we'll see what happens then!

Full sent 12/16
Request for revisions received 12/22

YA science fiction

EagerReader

commaholic and adverb junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh! That sounds promising! Congrats and good luck, KristaG!

channywax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chansedg.blogspot.com
Ms. Paquette saw a pitch I entered in a blog contest a few weeks ago and requested my query and the first 5 pages. We'll see if she likes them! :) Congrats KristaG! That is so awesome! She seems like an amazing agent!

Corinne Duyvis

My New Cat Is Too Big for Shoulders
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
Congrats on the partial, channywax!

Ms. Paquette e-mailed me a few weeks ago, having seen my blog and asking that I query her with five pages. I finally sent it on Monday. She seems really great, so here's hoping!

Ann Braden

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annbedichek.com
I have a partial in with Ms. Paquette, too, and I'm trying very hard not to think about it. Can you tell how well that's working seeing as how I'm here at this thread?

She seems like a fabulous person to work with. I almost registered to go to a conference in Rhode Island just so I could submit to her.

And, Corinne, I loved the first page of Always Read the Fae Print in the Secret Agent contest! Good luck!

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Ammi-Joan Paquette asked for the first five pages based on my entry in the January Secret Agent contest (#33: THE DREAM THIEF). That was on the 25th. On Thursday she requested a partial. The e-mail was really nice, and she seems to be intrigued with the writing style (intrusive narrator and all), so here's to hoping.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Ammi-Joan sometimes browses AW (SYW) and blogs and requests from what she sees there. She requested a partial from me last year based off my query in QLH, and later she saw a teaser on my blog and said to feel free to query her with that project or any others as well.

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
Ammi-Joan sometimes browses AW (SYW) and blogs and requests from what she sees there. She requested a partial from me last year based off my query in QLH, and later she saw a teaser on my blog and said to feel free to query her with that project or any others as well.
See, I write PB so she'll never get a chance to see my query. Hence the problem.

yoghurtelf

yoghurt elf say wheeee!
Registered
Reaction score
I got a request from Ammi-Joan too...argh...got to polish that query! :p and first 5 pages. gulp!

Last edited:

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Well, after she upped her request to 50 pages, she eventually passed on my manuscript today. The comments were personalized and, essentially, a pretty extreme revise & resubmit. I'm not sure I'll take that on unless the other agents pass since it would mean a pretty different novel than what I have at the moment.

In unambiguous good news, however, she said she'd be happy to look at any other manuscript I might have in the future.