Supernatural (Warning: Spoilers)

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
It has been for women. Maybe bringing Mary back broke the streak.

I hadn't thought about the kid angle. A lot of actors are doing voices for cartoons because they have young children who can't watch Mommy or Daddy's "grown-up" work. I'll bet this was Jared's idea.

(PS: ever seen that pic of the Padalecki family dressed as the cast of How to Train Your Dragon for Halloween? Cuteness +++)

Last edited:

Zombie Fraggle

Thick Skin Pre-Installed
Registered
Reaction score
Rowena had grown on me, so I'm sorry she went out off-screen.

Immediately after viewing the episode, I felt as if I'd watched a different show. But the more I thought about it, maybe that's exactly what Supernatural needs at this point. The Battleworld segments had a video-game vibe that I find very appealing upon further reflection.

But I still want everything post-S5 to have been Sam still in the cage with Lucifer.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if they're doing this because both The Boys have kids of Scooby-Doo watching age. It does look like fun.

That and because Sam and Dean will be raising a Scooby-Doo aged Lucifer baby, with Trickster/Gabriel abilities.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I want to know what happened to all the weapons stockpiled in the (other) yellow-eyed demon's basement. The one Mary stole the Colt back from.

Don't they have Michael's sword? Shouldn't that have the ability to kill Lucifer? In the earlier seasons I think it was mentioned that Michael's sword could kill Lucifer but then it just turned into Dean being Michael's vessel was "the sword."

Noizchild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noizchild.neocities.org
I want to know what happened to all the weapons stockpiled in the (other) yellow-eyed demon's basement. The one Mary stole the Colt back from.

Don't they have Michael's sword? Shouldn't that have the ability to kill Lucifer? In the earlier seasons I think it was mentioned that Michael's sword could kill Lucifer but then it just turned into Dean being Michael's vessel was "the sword."

I think the writers are starting to get tired.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Sammy, Sammy, Sammy... That's not how you put out a fire.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to feel the same way. I had such high hopes for this season. So many directions they could have gone in. You'd think at this point, with the end somewhere near (yes, a 14th season has already been confirmed), they'd go wild and start throwing us some curve balls story-wise. Hit for the fence. Do something really epic, or at least unexpected. Add some excitement. What have they got to lose? It's not like they'll get cancelled or something.

Alas, 'tis not to be, at least if this season's opening volley is any indication.

I wanted to see the boys in Apocalypse World. I wanted to see a grieving Dean deal with Earth 2 Castiel, who I suspect is a regular son of a bitch. If we're really lucky, we may still see that. Or have the boys rescue their Cas from the Empty by Dean volunteering to be his new vessel until they could fix his old one (so Misha could keep his job) or find him a new one. Oh, the fun Jensen could have had with that concept for a couple of episodes. Instead Cas pisses off the Empty's head entity and gets himself booted home, his regular body fully restored, no explanation given. The boys take him back without question. Jack's powers only work when the plot requires it. He had better control in the womb. Lucifer gets depowered and joins the team in Crowley's old position. Jack disappears and Mary's in the wind. And now, with Luci and Cas in lockup, we're right back to the same old same old: Sam and Dean, saving people, hunting things. The showrunners have wiped away the plot threads presented in the cliffhanger and rushed right back to their tried-and-true formula, just like they've done in the past couple seasons. (Remember the "Year of the Deanmon"? All three episodes of it?)

I'm beginning to suspect I know why Mark Sheppard bailed.

At least we got Billie back, and they're hinting Rowena may not be as gone as we think. Dead women are finally coming back, just like the guys. Somebody's paying attention.

Now if we could just get some enthusiastic writers, and showrunners with guts, they could breathe some excitement into what's become a tired premise and let the show go out with a bang instead of an awful whimper. I hope they're not holding back the good concepts for season 14. No one may be watching by then.

Oh well. We'll always have fanfic. Loads of imaginative concepts in those stories. And a helluva lot more sex. :evil

As for Sam, he's been whacked in the head so many times he's lucky he still knows his own name, let alone how to put out a fire.

Testome

Registered
Reaction score

I doubt it will end until one of the actors wants out, though I thought it should have ended ages ago. They retconned so much mythology and some episodes were so cringeworthy that I couldn't watch. Like Dean blaming Sam for returning without his soul for example when they were attempting to close the gates of hell or making reapers angels. Not to mention how Sam never really gets any screen time with anyone important anymore(at least not the attention Dean gets there). Just to name a few annoying things. I haven't watched this season after the whole Lucifer and BMOL plots last season. Sometimes I go multiple seasons without watching it now though. I think my enjoyment probably ended around season 5, but it became like beating a dead horse around season 8 for me. I think I'm only watching occassionally because I've watched it since the pilot.

Last edited:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Well, we've certainly never seen that cliffhanger before.