• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

KT Literary, LLC (Kate Schafer)

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Renee Nyen offered me representation on my novel on Monday. I didn't end up choosing her (I had 3 other offers), but when we spoke, she was enthusiastic, on the ball with the industry and sweet. I have no doubt she will make a writer very happy to have her as their agent. :)

Congratulations, Smiley! I'm sorry we're not agency mates, but it sounds like you couldn't have gone wrong.

Good luck with going on submission!

KAMielke

I'm clever, really.
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Sara Megibow on October 26th and on November 2nd she requested the first five chapters and a synopsis. Then on November 6th she emailed to say she looked forward to reading the material I sent, either because she was trying to assure me she got my email, or because she sustains herself on the emotional rollercoaster that is my checking my email.

Fingers crossed. She seems like good people.

Edit: Received a form rejection on November 11th.

Last edited:

FallonDeMornay

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Sara on Feb 17, 2016 and received a request for a partial (5 chapters + synopsis) Feb 24 2016. Fingers crossed! :)

atwhatcost

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on Hannah Fergesen yet? She seems like my kind of agent, but I can't get much on her since she's only been with KT for a year.

ESGrace

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place for this or if I should post somewhere more general:

I queried Renee Nyen more than a month ago, and on Query Tracker a number of people have gotten a response if they sent a "polite nudge" or resubmitted since she aims to respond in 2 weeks. Has anyone had experience with either? With her or in general?

Thanks!

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place for this or if I should post somewhere more general:

I queried Renee Nyen more than a month ago, and on Query Tracker a number of people have gotten a response if they sent a "polite nudge" or resubmitted since she aims to respond in 2 weeks. Has anyone had experience with either? With her or in general?

Thanks!

When I was querying, if an agent said she responded to every query and it looked like she might have missed or not received mine, I often checked in several weeks after the her stated response time. In other words, I don't think checking in on your query at this point would be a problem (and Renee is super nice).

(I did check the data on Renee, though, and it looks like she's well behind her two-week response time. Her response times appear to be running more in the neighborhood of 40 to 50 days. The last QT query she responded to was sent on February 15, and she responded to that query about a week ago. That said, there are some gaps in her data (though that might just be because people haven't gone back and updated their entries). Hope that helps!)

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with Hilary Harwel? She's requested my full. Thx!
Stats so far:
Queried after Twitter contest 'like': 10.09.17
Full req: 19.09

EvilPenguin

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on Hannah Fergesen yet? She seems like my kind of agent, but I can't get much on her since she's only been with KT for a year.

I know this question is from a few years ago, but in case anyone is interested, I met Hannah at a writers conference a couple of months ago and pitched my novel to her. She was incredibly nice (I was so nervous, as that was the first pitch I have ever done) and she ended up requesting to see the first 50 pages. My novel isn't complete yet, so I haven't actually sent anything, but I definitely plan to. I think she would be a great agent to have.

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
From reading past posts, I think maybe there's been a change on what is requested, so I thought I'd add this update. I queried Sara Megibow on Aug. 2, and the specs for initial query were a Q letter and the first three pages. She responded today with a request for the first 50 pages (yay!). Says her turn-around is 2-4 weeks. Anyone else have any recent experience with her? I love her twitter and a couple of folks that she reps.

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
... and rejection last night on those 50 pages, so, well within the time promised.

CJSimone

Registered
Reaction score
From reading past posts, I think maybe there's been a change on what is requested, so I thought I'd add this update. I queried Sara Megibow on Aug. 2, and the specs for initial query were a Q letter and the first three pages. She responded today with a request for the first 50 pages (yay!). Says her turn-around is 2-4 weeks. Anyone else have any recent experience with her? I love her twitter and a couple of folks that she reps.

... and rejection last night on those 50 pages, so, well within the time promised.

Hey Stytch. There's no change - they still want just the first 3 pages in the initial query. That was a partial request, so congrats on that! Sorry about the rejection after, but always better when they come fast. :)

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Sara Megibow 5/2/2022
Rejection 5/10/2022

I certainly appreciated the speed, if nothing else.

mbowman

Registered
Reaction score
Sara has rejected me on every project I've ever sent, but I am at least glad she's very fast and responds.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I vastly prefer some kind of response to silence. Good on them for rejecting--or asking for more.

Maryn, who needs to know

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Yep--she R'd me in 9 days on one project and 8 days on another.

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Hilary Harwell is speedy as well.

Queried 5/11
Rejected 5/18

aminadusk

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query to Sara Megibow.
Queried 1/31
Full Request 2/12.
I'm really hoping I land her as she seems like a very good agent. Fingers crossed, good luck to everyone out there in the querying trenches!

Reactions: FirePrince