The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Vezeo Ventures (Timothy White)

Vezeo Ventures (Timothy White)

Anyone tried writing for Vezeo? They suggest you write an article for them as an "audition." If they like it, they'll use it but not pay you for it, and give you the opportunity to write more at their freelance rate, which I didn't find on the website. Have any experience with these folks?
    I'm proud to be part of Dawno's Invisible Circle.
    ... When he left for Iraq I reminded him that there was this huge invisible circle of people, some I don't even really know, that see his picture and send their good thoughts, prayers and support his way. He was very moved by it and I know it's one of the things he relies on when he's down or afraid. ~Dawno
    At least pay attention. We owe it to our troops.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    One of the primary goals of Vezeo is to give aspiring writers a place to start. Your work will be read by thousands of people, including key players in the publishing industry. Developing a byline is a very important part of the process and we want to reward you with one. Those who are accepted as contributing writers for Vezeo will receive extensive information about how to maximize this exceptional opportunity. You will not be paid for your initial interview article.

If you are accepted as a regular contributing writer for Vezeo, you will be paid our freelance rate for your work.If your interview article meets our quality standards, it will be published on Vezeo and you will be contacted with further details.
    What a lovely way to get free content--persuade hungry writers to write an "audition" article, use the article, and never contact the writers again.

If it's worth paying for later, it's worth paying for now.

- Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by victoriastrauss View Post
    If it's worth paying for later, it's worth paying for now.

- Victoria
    Yeah. And like our mothers always warned us, why buy the cow if you can get free slices?

With this business model, I wonder if Vezeo ever has or ever will actually pay anyone?
    I'm proud to be part of Dawno's Invisible Circle.
    ... When he left for Iraq I reminded him that there was this huge invisible circle of people, some I don't even really know, that see his picture and send their good thoughts, prayers and support his way. He was very moved by it and I know it's one of the things he relies on when he's down or afraid. ~Dawno
    At least pay attention. We owe it to our troops.

practical experience, FTW Khazarkhum's Avatar
    No, why should they? There are loads of people who will give it to them for free.

The letter you'll get will be something like, while we enjoyed your work, it is not the style/type/genre/quailty we are looking for. Thank you for considering us and good luck in your quest...

The only good thing is that they don't make you pay to have them read it.

If you are accepted as a regular contributing writer for Vezeo, you will be paid our freelance rate for your work.
    And that amount is ...? I wouldn't submit without negotiating a rate in advance.

Wow. About half the photos I see on the main page are out of focus. That does not bode well, IMO.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    In case anyone missed it: http://accrispin.blogspot.com/2008/0...ts-youfor.html

Domain now directs to a 404 page on Vogue, of all places.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: