• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Cine/Lit Representation

lmharmon

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking through the Writer's Market and there's a listing for Cine/Lit agency. I find zip about them on the web. Anyone heard of them?

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
Do you mean Cine/Lit Representation?

From P&E:

Cine/Lit Representation: A literary agency. Contact at:
P.O. Box 802918
Santa Clarita, CA 91380-2918

Anna Cottle: $ A literary agent with Cine/Lit Representation.

Mary Alice Kier: $ A literary agent (Literary, Adult) with Cine/Lit Representation.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Google finds plenty of sales and client data. What info are you looking for?

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
Google finds plenty of sales and client data. What info are you looking for?

Does anyone know if they take email submissions? Or is it only snail? I can't seem to find anyplace that says for sure. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks:)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about submissions, but last word was they accept email queries via cinelit [at] msn.com.

Angkor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
[email protected] apparently is no longer valid. AAR has [email protected] as their current email.

This agency's public profile is very low, though it is clear it makes regular sales and a number of its authors have solid reputations. It certainly would be to their advantage to invest a little time in a website, submitting input to Publishers Marketplace, Querytracker, Agentquery and the like.

At the same time, it would be great if those who've had dealings with CineLit would share their experiences here.

eurodan49

Banned
Reaction score
Queried Ms Cottle by e-mail… 48 hours later received request for a full.

flygal716

Jump in the way of good luck
Registered
Reaction score
Any recent experience with Anna Cottle or Cine/Lit? Many thanks.

Mayusan

Registered
Reaction score
I have no new news on this agency yet... I plan on mailing them today... but I will say, in the 2012 Writer's Market it says to send a query letter with SASE. There is no email address listed.

this is my question... In this book, I found one agent that says "send query letter to (email address)". I like to go online to double check if the agent is reputable or if people had experience with them, and check out their website.

When I look on their website it states the submission guidelines is not only to send a query letter, but the first three chapters of the manuscript... or a query letter with a full proposal.

This company doesn't have a website it seems. Should I mail a query letter with a few pages of the manuscript or should I just take the book at face value and just send a simple query letter?

Mayusan

Registered
Reaction score
the website lists them as still at the MSN email address. Anyone who is represented by them, or have queried them know if they even accept emails at that address or if they still prefer snail mail...

flygal716

Jump in the way of good luck
Registered
Reaction score
Mayusan, what did you end up doing, email or snail? I'm curious about this agency. They keep a very low profile.

Mayusan

Registered
Reaction score
Hey flygal. Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I've been really busy and haven't been to the site for a while.

I did email Cine/lit at the [email protected] address on October 13th. I was going to send query them by snail mail... (as it appears in the Writer's Market book) however my computer pooped on me, and when I bought a new one, I realized I lost the setup CD to my printer. So I am printer-less for the moment. Waiting on getting a new setup CD from Kodak.

I have not gotten a reply as of yet.

Last edited: