The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Cine/Lit Representation

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

[Agency] Cine/Lit Representation

I'm looking through the Writer's Market and there's a listing for Cine/Lit agency. I find zip about them on the web. Anyone heard of them?

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    Do you mean Cine/Lit Representation?

From P&E:

Cine/Lit Representation: A literary agency. Contact at:
    P.O. Box 802918
    Santa Clarita, CA 91380-2918

Anna Cottle: $ A literary agent with Cine/Lit Representation.

Mary Alice Kier: $ A literary agent (Literary, Adult) with Cine/Lit Representation.
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Must be the same. Anyone know more about them?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Google finds plenty of sales and client data. What info are you looking for?
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

I'm kind of curious to know why they are listed as being both in CA and Washington state. Are the two agents in different locations?

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux View Post
    Google finds plenty of sales and client data. What info are you looking for?

Does anyone know if they take email submissions? Or is it only snail? I can't seem to find anyplace that says for sure. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

I don't know about submissions, but last word was they accept email queries via cinelit [at] msn.com.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux View Post
    I don't know about submissions, but last word was they accept email queries via cinelit [at] msn.com.

Thank you for always being so helpful!

practical experience, FTW Angkor's Avatar
    cinelit@msn.com apparently is no longer valid. AAR has cinelit@att.net as their current email.

This agency's public profile is very low, though it is clear it makes regular sales and a number of its authors have solid reputations. It certainly would be to their advantage to invest a little time in a website, submitting input to Publishers Marketplace, Querytracker, Agentquery and the like.

At the same time, it would be great if those who've had dealings with CineLit would share their experiences here.

Banned for Trolling
    Queried Ms Cottle by e-mail… 48 hours later received request for a full.

Jump in the way of good luck flygal716's Avatar
    Any recent experience with Anna Cottle or Cine/Lit? Many thanks.

Website
    DEATH OVER EASY, coming in September 2013 from Five Star
    DEATH UNDER THE RADAR, WIP

practical experience, FTW
    I have no new news on this agency yet... I plan on mailing them today... but I will say, in the 2012 Writer's Market it says to send a query letter with SASE. There is no email address listed.

this is my question... In this book, I found one agent that says "send query letter to (email address)". I like to go online to double check if the agent is reputable or if people had experience with them, and check out their website.

When I look on their website it states the submission guidelines is not only to send a query letter, but the first three chapters of the manuscript... or a query letter with a full proposal.

This company doesn't have a website it seems. Should I mail a query letter with a few pages of the manuscript or should I just take the book at face value and just send a simple query letter?

the website lists them as still at the MSN email address. Anyone who is represented by them, or have queried them know if they even accept emails at that address or if they still prefer snail mail...

Jump in the way of good luck flygal716's Avatar
    Mayusan, what did you end up doing, email or snail? I'm curious about this agency. They keep a very low profile.

Website
    DEATH OVER EASY, coming in September 2013 from Five Star
    DEATH UNDER THE RADAR, WIP

Hey flygal. Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I've been really busy and haven't been to the site for a while.

I did email Cine/lit at the cinelit@att.net address on October 13th. I was going to send query them by snail mail... (as it appears in the Writer's Market book) however my computer pooped on me, and when I bought a new one, I realized I lost the setup CD to my printer. So I am printer-less for the moment. Waiting on getting a new setup CD from Kodak.

I have not gotten a reply as of yet.
    Last edited by Mayusan; 11-03-2011 at 06:23 AM.

They do have a web site - http://www.cinelitrepresentation.com/ for what it worth.
    Before going into battle, Vikings would ingest Amanita muscaria. In addition to being moderately poisonous, Amanita muscaria eliminated fear causing them to be feared warriors earning Vikings the nick name berserkers.

FB is where the action is, natch: https://www.facebook.com/cinelitrepresentation

(ETA: Soon dropped site entirely.)
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 02-03-2017 at 12:48 AM. Reason: updating w/o bumping
    ICAO
    ---------