The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Love Poetry Cafe

sherri234

Love Poetry Cafe

Since this matter will probably be resolved, I've deleted my initial post. Thanks so much for replying.

warm regards

Arisa81

Re: Love Poetry Cafe

Where can we find their site ?

lovepoetrycafe.com?

sherri234

Re: Love Poetry Cafe

Hi, April, Yes, it's www.lovepoetrycafe.com They're not running the contests now though. What would you do if this happened to you?

warm regards, susie

sfsassenach

You could send them a "nastygram"

via registered mail. After looking at the site, my gut reaction is to say your were scammed.

Their first page is full of typos and grammatical errors.

sherri234

Re: You could send them a "nastygram"

I'm pretty sure that we did get scammed. We had won other contests of theirs and had a very hard time getting payment, but this time, I don't think we're going to see the money. That's a thought about the 'nastygram,' but people like that don't care. Thanks much for your reply.

Regards, Suzan

Arisa81

Re: You could send them a "nastygram"

Suzan,

Sorry to hear that you possibly got scammed.
    My only advice would be to not easily trust online contests until you talk to other people about the place (like here). There are so many scams out there that you have to be very careful, but there are also real contests out there. Ask around.

I am very cautious of contests online myself.

Good luck to you!

sherri234

Possible payment

I just heard from her and she said she was out-of-town and would pay my husband when she returns. We'll wait and see. Wish us luck!

warm regards, susie

sherri234

Re: Possible payment

Thanks much for your kindness, April. It means quite a lot to me. We heard from her this morning, so we're hoping she'll keep her word this time. She said she'll pay my husband on 7/20.

Hope all is well,
    warm regards, susie

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar

Love Poetry Cafe

Did the payments from www.lovepoetrycafe.com arrive? The world waits with bated breath!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin BradyMagazine's Avatar

hi susie!

Hi Susie!

I'm anxious to hear whether she sent you the payment as well-- after all that you've been through with this issue, I really hope she has sent it to you!
    Krissy Brady, Editor
    Brady Magazine
    http://www.bradymagazine.com

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Sherri Emily Avery - lovepoetrycafe.com, lovepoetscafe.net, lovee-cards.com, dontforgetmecards.com, emilyskitchen.net

Sites went down late 2005. Pieces of her geocities pages are still around, but they look inactive since 2004.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: