Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Conventions/Gatherings/Artists/Studios

Conventions
  • Atlanta Comic Convention, here, Feb. 3, 11-5 p.m., Atlanta Century Center (Marriott)
  • Atlanta Comics Expo, here, Feb 8-10, Sheraton ATL
  • Anime Expo, July 3-6 2008, Los Angeles Convention Center, California
  • Comic Con (the big one!), July 24-27, 2008, San Diego Convention Center, California
  • Atlanta Comics Expo, February 8-10, 2008, Sheraton Atlanta, Georgia
  • Wonder Con, February 22-24, 2008, Moscone Center South, San Francisco
  • Alternative Press Expo, November 1-2, 2008, Concourse Exhibition Center, San Francisco
  • DragonCon: http://www.dragoncon.org/

Last edited:

Lucifal

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.murkydepths.com
Hi-Ex in Inverness, Scotland, on 14-15 February, 2009. Look out for Murky Depths, who are currently offering the original Issue #1 FREE with all new subscriptions.

bardeensameul

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I read your comment,also have a look of the link which you have provided.Amazing collection.Please share some more links related to this,If you have any.Thank you for sharing the comment..

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
Some more conventions:

These I head mentioned often and know some people who go. There are Wizard World conventions in Austin, Atlanta, Anaheim, Boston, and New York but don't know how much emphasis is on comics and how much is on gaming.

AndrewGol

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. New to these forums. I went to MoCCA for the very first time last week and it was a great experience. A lot of self publishers, small press and indie minded individuals. Felt more like a show about the craft than selling memorabilia, etc

AndrewGol

Registered
Reaction score
Baltimore is this weekend. We'll be there sharing a table with Inverse Press. It's a great con, more about comics than pop culture. Love it. And in a couple months, NYCC!

Zellyn-Skyy

Registered
Reaction score
Denver Comic Con

http://www.denvercomiccon.com/

This is DCC's first year, and what is great about it is the proceeds are going to "The Comic Book Class Room". This is a non-profit, promoting the arts, and an alternative reading agenda for students who are having a difficult time with reading and writing performance. Their will literally be a comic book class room, taught by some names in the biz, going on at the convention, so parents are completely encouraged to come out, it gives nerds of all ages something to do, and is promoting a good cause as well.

Pip H

Registered
Reaction score
Conventions in the UK/Europe

Ahh, I'm not sure if another list has been made for those outside the USA or not!
If so I apologise, but as an avid-contention attendee here in the UK, I hope I can help someone out with what I know about these events:

London MCM Expo - held at the last weekend of May and October every year. Hugely popular, one of the biggest events in the UK. More recently, they've combined both the Expo (mainly pop-culture, manga/anime, video games) and their Memorbillia events into one (sci-fi, western comics etc). As such, prices for dealer tables are quite pricey, however things may work differently for their Artist Alley/Comic Village tables, check the info Here

They hold similar events across the UK, here are the ones I'm aware of:
Manchester MCM Expo - held annually in July, Midlands Comic Con - February, Birmingham Memorbilia - March and November.

Other conventions/events:

Leeds Thought Bubble Comic Art Festival - Held in November every year. Much more based around artists and other professionals in the industry as opposed to fan-based conventions but still has a lot of interest, for that reason I would highly recommend.

Ayacon - Held in August every other year (the next one shall be opening in 2013) in Warwick Arts Centre.

Nemacon - Held every year in Middlesbrough in June, has a small Artists Alley as per the link.

Hyper Japan - held twice a year, pretty big event, worth a look.

Japan Expo - Paris (the big one held in Europe!) - Possible the biggest J-culture con in Europe, worth a look!

There may be tonnes more but I hope those help someone...sorry again if there's a separate list somewhere or if you'd like this moved orz

Last edited:

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone going to Wizardworld in Rosemont, IL?

We will be here August 11th, if anyone from AW wants to join us. I'll be there with some friends. Shoot me a message so that we can figure out how to find each other once there, if you'd like to meet up.

http://www.wizardworld.com/chicago.html

We plan on getting there a little early since they open at 10am.

Stan Lee is supposed to be there among others.

We may also get a bite to eat in the area after the convention.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone wants to join us, we'll be at Wizard Con (2013) in Rosemont IL on August 10th this year.

Shoot me a message if you want to find us and meet up for a bit.

- BK

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone going to C2E2, in Chicago next year? Wizard Con has gotten too expensive.

KBUpdikeJr

Banned
Reaction score
I've only been to one Virginia area comic con, most would probably go thru Richmond City.

An idea: scheduled, well advertised online chat room comic book conventions that don't require registering to access the chat applet. Temporary forums to handle heavy traffic, a published log after forums and chat ap closed. 8 hours or so.