I dunno how to react

aceinc1

can't wait to die
Registered
Reaction score
There is an Indian saying that if you share your grief it decreases.

On 24 Dec 2007 I lost my Dad, the person whom I misunderstood all of my life and will love him forever.

Maybe I’m psychic, because that very morning I had a dream about my aunt crying in my house and someone was dead.

Something strange, mother and I were worried about money for cremation services of my father. A snake came into our house. I was and still am not willing to believe but my mother and aunt found rupees 5000 in the closet where the snake had went and the next morning we searched for the snake with the room locked but nothing was there.

Hope you don’t my mind this writing as I don’t have something good to share one the eve of holidays as I am still trying to figure out how to react, I cried when I was alone for 5 minutes.

Regards,
Aceinc1

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I'm sorry to hear that, Ace.

-Derek

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
I lost my older sister 19 years ago, a month shy of her 40th birthday. My father passed suddenly 3 days after my parents' 50th aniversary in '95. There is never a good time to lose a loved one.

I grieve with you for the holidays remind us of our loss, so too, special times we spent with them that we cannot have again.

Remember all the good times you shared, write them down, save them as a gift for your children: "This was Grampa, you would have been wonderful together."

jonpiper

Registered
Reaction score
That is a wise Indian saying you've quoted. Perhaps if you cry with your mother and aunt, rather than alone, it will help.

My condolences, aceinc.

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
sorry to hear that.

my wife lost her grandmother in november. her husband, my wife's grandfather, died the weekend before last. they'd been married 65 years.

theloveofwriting

Registered
Reaction score
I lost my grandmother 5 days before Christmas. She was only 62 years old...and never got to see her great-grandchild.

It's never easy losing someone. My heartfelt condolences.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
My Dad died suddenly, far from us, on Dec 21 1999. Millenium fever when you're trying to get a flight out to organize and attend a funeral, whilst heart-broken. Bundles of laughs, as you can imagine.

I'm really sorry. React how you feel, ace. There's no way round grief, you have to go through it, sooner or later. I wish you all the best strength for this.

Daydreamer

Registered
Reaction score
I'm truly sorry for your loss, Aceinc. My condolences.
I know that words are now meaningless and they cannot take away this pain, no matter how comforting they were intended to be. Nevertheless, I wish you strength to get through this devastating time.

Daydreamer