The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Film Literary Group (Stephan Gray)

JustinoIV

[Agency] Film Literary Group (Stephan Gray)

Look at this so called Literary Service's website, the misinfo on in is simply astounding. Stephan Grey called called me and tried to run a scam on me. He tells me how impossible it is to get read by an agent or a producer . So then I replied, "I have been getting read by mainstream production companies, independant producers, and agents" so that's no problem. When he went on about how hard it is to close a deal, I told him, "I've done freelance writing, and though it takes a lot of work, I have been published by various magazines and small newspapers" And then Stephan Gray said good luck and hung up on me.

www.beverlyhillslit.com/welcome.html

Go to this forum, where others are mentioning Mr. Gray

pub130.ezboard.com/fdoned...2672.topic
    Last edited by James D. Macdonald; 07-13-2005 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Changed title

HapiSofi

Re: Major Shark Alert: Beverly Hills Lit

Good lord, that's an ugly website. These guys may be crooked, but they're consolingly incompetent.

mammamaia

a 5-second peek, and i'm seasick!

:ack

AnneMarble

Re: Major Shark Alert: Beverly Hills Lit

?!"
    Good lord, that's an ugly website. These guys may be crooked, but they're consolingly incompetent.
    And isn't that one of the most horrendous URLs you have ever seen? My first thought was "Beverly Hill @#%$?!" :eek Then I thought "Beverly Hill Slit?" And I realized that couldn't be it, either... :\

Terra

Stephan Gray

Any feedback on Stephan Gray of the Beverly Hills Literary Agency and Gray Fox Productions?

How about Blair Silver, Literary Manager.

xl

Stephan Gray

He's well known for being rather shady.

Try here:

p068.ezboard.com/fdonedea...2672.topic

... should answer all your questions

Jon

Stephan Gray

Jon

I know it's been awhile, but I would like to know what the link regarding Stephan
    Gray says. It no longer comes up and claims to have been deleted. The reason for my inquiry is because I had what turned out to be a very unpleasant experience with this person a few years back, and I'm trying to gather information from others so that I can possibly join them in an organized fight against this person and his deceptive business activities. Thank you much.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    That's a link to the Done Deal board http://p068.ezboard.com/bdonedeal, which may have pulled the thread for flames. If you search their board, I'm sure you'll find more mention of Gray.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Beverly Hills Lit is kaput, and Stephan Gray is now with the Film Literary Group: http://www.filmliterarygroup.com/index.htm
    Last edited by victoriastrauss; 08-24-2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: One agency per thread
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    I've gotten various reports of fee-charging by Stephan Gray over the years...the latest, from just a couple of months ago, from a writer who was asked to pay $10,000 to $15,000 to rewrite and "package" the writer's screenplay and submit it to production companies.

- Victoria

Film Literary Group is kaput, and Mr. Gray is now at West Coast Film Partners (bio link).
    ICAO
    ---------

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I have had a few unpleasant experiences with Stefan Gray (it appears he goes by a variety of spellings), bordering on sexual harassment. He tries to use his "position" in the industry to gain leverage with young women. From what I understand, this is not the first time he's done this.