Getty Villa Lecture...

Status
Not open for further replies.

De Lady

Registered
Reaction score
Tickets aren't available yet, but they will be soon enough. It's a great lecture to attend if you are in the L.A. area. Check this out at www.getty.edu

March 6, 2008 The Villa Council Presents "Writing Historical Fiction: The Ancient World in Modern Literature"
Thursday March 6, 2008
7:30 pm
Auditorium, Getty Villa

Authors Steven Pressfield (The Afghan Campaign, Gates of Fire) and Steven Saylor (Roma, The Judgment of Caesar) join local commentator Patt Morrison to discuss the art of writing historical fiction set in antiquity and the challenges of interpreting the classical past for modern audiences.

Reservations available beginning February 21.

Doogs

Registered
Reaction score
Website
doogs.wordpress.com
Most of the time I'm happy in Austin, but every now and again something like this comes along that makes me wish that I lived in L.A.

I'd be curious to hear what they have to say.

De Lady

Registered
Reaction score
Villa Lecture

I'll post some notes here if I can get tickets. Usually tickets for something like this go pretty fast.

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, this sounds excellent! Especially since Pressfield will most likely have things to say about ancient Greece and perhaps Sparta in particular! I will definitely try to get a reservation, although the drive from the South Bay to Malibu on a weeknight isn't very appealing.

Thanks so much for posting this! I never would have found it in the Getty newsletter I just leafed through yesterday.

c.e.

Deleted member 42

I've offered to help put a podcast up on their Web site; we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.