Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Awe-Struck Publishing

tfdswift

Awe-Struck Publishing

Okay so I am new to this forum and new to the publishing game. I had a hard lesson learned with Janet Kay and Associates and now I do research... Hopefully successful research.

I have a publisher interested in my book -- Awe-Struck E-Book. I have looked on Preditors and Editors and they just say to read the contract carefully. I have not been offered a contract yet but I was wondering if anybody here has dealt with them before.

I can not take another lesson like Janet Kay...

Please, Any guidance and/or help anybody can give me.... I am a willing learner.

Thanks.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar

Awe-Struck E-Books

Anyone have any comments on what to look (out) for on ebook contracts?

http://www.awe-struck.net/index.html
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    This is from piers Anthony's epublisher site

------------------------

Their contract is for only electronic rights, as it should be. But like other popular publishers, their submissions are closed for now. Two year renewable contract. 35-40% royalties. Can be terminated with 90 notice by either party. No audit clause? They offer instant downloading to book buyers. Submissions are closed; they are booked through 2005.

February 2005 update: now they are open for erotica submissions only: sensual, sizzling, graphic sexual scenes, but no bondage or sado/masochism. Oh, I'll bet they have more limits than that. Royalties are a scant 30% of the gross. Still no audit clause.

--------------------------

Here is my take on it. 30-40% of cover price is pretty standard for an epublisher as is the 2 years length. I don't know what an audit clause is--perhaps someone here knows?
    Emily Veinglory

practical experience, FTW
    any new info on these guys?

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    They're an imprint of Mundania Press, and if one were to judge from that thread I don't think that's a good thing.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Has been closed to submissions since Fall '10, and hasn't published anything since '11.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: