• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Stuart Agency (Andrew Stuart)

honeycomb

Caroline
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with him? He reps some on my favorite authors and is on my Agents Wishlist.

Any insight would be helpful. I have checked google, aq, etc. but I want to know if any of you had any personal experience. Like how long a query response takes, rejections and why, etc.

Thx

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried him or had any recent experience? Thanks.

fuwanna

Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine is represented by Andrew Stuart. Last time I checked, I think he liked him fine, if not overly much. This friend recommended a novel of mine to Andrew, who asked me to email the full ms to him last April 2007. I never heard back from him.

In June '07 I saw Andrew at a party thrown by my friend (his client) and mentioned that I had sent the ms at his request. He had no memory of it and asked me to send it again. I did so. I have never heard another word from him. Nada--not in response to a polite email reminding him of our personal meeting and his request to see my novel--nothing at all.

So--I hate to to write this so often about agents--but my experience with him was very far from inspiring. (And not that this should ideally matter in terms of agent responses, but I've published a novel with a major press for which I appeared, among other places, on C-SPAN and which was blurbed by two very very major writers and so, combined with a client recommendation, my ms isn't exactly coming out of nowhere.)

But, yeah, I look at the record of my submissions and I see that under the category of "MANUSCRIPT ABYSS" (ie, submissions about which I've never managed to get a word of response) is "Emailed full ms. to Andrew Stuart (X’s agent): 4.23.07" So I sure can't recommend him.

kymalie

Registered
Reaction score
Andrew Stuart Agency

Once again, I'm telling you that THIS forum is GREAT:e2seesaw: I may have a zillion questions, but I can get some kind an answer from you ALL:Clap:

Okay my reason for being interested in this agency is because one of my favorite authors {E. Lynn Harris} passed and R. M. Johnson just put out a book and said he {Andrew Stuart} was his agent.

The response above was listed in comments when I Googled him. I didn't have to check to see if the comment was legit because of course IT WAS!

Thank you:thankyou: to the founder of the forum and boo on anyone who does harm to impugn the integrity of this forum. My personal opinion.

So I'm still persevering to persevere and find a publisher. So again ~ thanX and keep on keepin' on ~ yea showing my age but who cares :hooray:.

Kymalie, the butterfly

sb2brown

Registered
Reaction score
Not much action in this thread. Unfortunately I don't have much to add either, except he has a new website: http://stuartagency.com

Of course, there's nothing on it right now except this:

Welcome to the new stuartagency.com website! Our site has been recently created and will soon be available for your use. Our web designers are creating a new web-interface that will soon be online! In the meantime, please be patient while we are working to make these changes. A new page will be available soon!

resulka

What does it take?
Registered
Reaction score
That site is still totally not useful, but by the list of books represented on his Publisher's Marketplace page, it doesn't appear that the agent, at least, is doing poorly.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Just FYI, his site now has client list, etc.

SeaSerpent

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about, or have had any dealings with, a Christopher Rhodes of this agency? Thanks.