Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
No, you want true football horror? be a Cleveland fan. *shudders*

and yes... I know your name, oh MoSH... but that's not quite the same as a title. Unless you are truly a Lady, though in that case, wouldn't you be a Dame?

I'm not really up on my royal titelage, though.

PS: DL's warned me I shouldn't bait you. Something about eating me alive? :D

Yes. And I'll boil you in bleach first.

Knees...you haz dem:whip::e2teeth::e2chain::e2fight:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I know better. You're from Buffalo. Case closed.

*whistles* C'mere, little undead doggie. I have Snausages. Yoo-hoo. *whistles*

Hah. His tiny little legs should get him to the city limits just in time for our first blizzard of November. He'll vanish in three feet of snow and ice and no one will be the wiser. Mwhahahaha!

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
950 words total---lost a contest--ce la vie---could actually rant on that one but will spare you--

but I do have one question--ok 2 questions--if you have a line in a story like --he flew at me like a giant squirrel--would you guess it is humor--or think it is serious?:poke:or if you read a line like--her siliconed intergrity was pushed up to her chin--would you not know what that meant?:Shrug:Ughhhhhh! Subjective--i remember.

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
if you have a line in a story like --he flew at me like a giant squirrel--would you guess it is humor--or think it is serious?

Humor, without question. Makes me think of Rocky J. Squirrel on steroids.

:poke:or if you read a line like--her siliconed intergrity was pushed up to her chin--would you not know what that meant?

Yes, indeed. And my DH would want to see a photo of her.... integrity. :rolleyes:

Bummer on the contest loss, DL.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
No...

I wear lace and organza.

FYI.

I'm on a diet...so I'm not eating any chocolate.

Chocolate keeps me sane.

Think of me like that demon you summoned BEFORE you remembered to chalk out your protection.

Oh...and instead of reporting my progress here..I'll be reporting to Jeanne.

She's nice.

***Leaves to find inquisitor icons***
*Giggles like a school girl--:hooray::hooray::hooray:

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
950 words total---lost a contest--ce la vie---could actually rant on that one but will spare you-- .

It was like hell getting people to vote. Next time I'll start off with threats and escalate to action the next post

--if you have a line in a story like --he flew at me like a giant squirrel--would you guess it is humor--or think it is serious?

I would think you were writing about an enraged vampire. Why on earth would any sane person find that funny?

--:poke:or if you read a line like--her siliconed intergrity was pushed up to her chin--would you not know what that meant?:Shrug:Ughhhhhh! Subjective--i remember.
I would think you were talking about a member of the Geek Squad installing a network in a very tight room.

Any...way....950 words....you may go...but don;t think we aren't watching you and waiting for you to backslide into zero progress.

When that happens the 'Brothers Flagellant' :whip::whip::whip:will come to call.....

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Oy! The Ferret is on some serious overdrive.

Sorry about the contest, DL. I'd but the squirrel as humor, and the silicon remark hit home. But I've been partial to "love buoys".
spanish1.gif

Pike. would you care to make a...uhm CONFESSION of 300 words or more????

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Any...way....950 words....you may go...but don;t think we aren't watching you and waiting for you to backslide into zero progress.

Whan that happens the 'Brothers Flagellant' :whip::whip::whip:will come to call.....
I will not disappoint you Lady Jay--thanks for the whippies--my goal is another 900 this week.

Last edited:

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
950 words total---lost a contest--ce la vie---could actually rant on that one but will spare you--

but I do have one question--ok 2 questions--if you have a line in a story like --he flew at me like a giant squirrel--would you guess it is humor--or think it is serious?:poke:or if you read a line like--her siliconed intergrity was pushed up to her chin--would you not know what that meant?:Shrug:Ughhhhhh! Subjective--i remember.
{HUGS} on the contest lost. Contests, by their very nature, are even more subjective than standard submissions. Doesn't mean your piece wasn't good or isn't publishable, just means the judges preferred someone else's.

Re: the giant squirrel line, it would depend. I'd read it as funny or horror, depending on the context within the larger story. (If squirrels were stated to be rabid, for example, it would lend itself more to the horror side, and so on.)

Re: the silicone -- great line, funny, and clearly meant to be.

StacyB

Registered
Reaction score
Hi:) Just joined yesterday and love the conversations here:) That first line is good, it gave me a smile. The second one I get what part of the body is being implied. Thanks

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hi:) Just joined yesterday and love the conversations here:) That first line is good, it gave me a smile. The second one I get what part of the body is being implied. Thanks

Hi, Stacy. :welcome:

Glad to have you join in.

Don't be too afraid of Lady Jay. She's harmless. Mostly. :D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Good, Haggis. Sweet-talk the newbie. You did replace the soundproofing on the dungeon walls, right?

Oh, um, Hi, Stacy! :D Welcome! :D Hope you're prolific on your WIPs.

(Quick, hide the whip collection.)

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
It's too late. I think she's seen enough and is probably working some mojo with Jay, Jeanne, and any other of the lethal ladies running this board. Men, we must stand strong against the onslaught of whips and barbed chains. We must be resolute!

*hands Suzy a box of Dove chocolate* Welcome aboard! Please be gentle with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.