bannedbooks

Read a Banned Book

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 454 of 454 FirstFirst ... 204354379404429444448449450451452453454
Results 11,326 to 11,342 of 11342

Thread: Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Evil, undead Chihuahua SuperModerator Haggis's Avatar
    Damn straight. We don't keep our Dominatrix around here for nothing you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlz View Post
    For those of you that don't know what "haggis" is, I can only say that it's much better not knowing anyway
    Stewie the Chihuey
    featuring the lovely and talented

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments

Most aptly named forum thread ever?

I saw it pop up in the New Activity feed and being so bright and shiny new clicked to the end and then back a couple of pages (two pages, that's all!) and it only JUST NOW dawned on me that I was reading posts from October of 2013. Then I was immediately disappointed because the plot bunnies are all skeletal and, while adorable, no longer have the meat to sustain my wandering imagination.

Clearly thread necromancy is entirely justifiable, nay appropriate, even expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmae Tyler View Post

I saw it pop up in the New Activity feed and being so bright and shiny new clicked to the end and then back a couple of pages (two pages, that's all!) and it only JUST NOW dawned on me that I was reading posts from October of 2013. Then I was immediately disappointed because the plot bunnies are all skeletal and, while adorable, no longer have the meat to sustain my wandering imagination.

Clearly thread necromancy is entirely justifiable, nay appropriate, even expected.
    Agreed. Given our orientation to the dark and evil side, I can think of nothing more appropriate than seeing it dig itself out of the grave, pop off the coffin top, and wander among us again, most likely feeding on the Humor Thread participants.
    For those of you that don't know what "haggis" is, I can only say that it's much better not knowing anyway
    Stewie the Chihuey

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath TedTheewen's Avatar
    I command this thread to live! Live, I say! Live!

My goal for this one-day weekend is to get back on my novel. Anything...just some progress.

Haggis, can you revive your red-eyed and hypodermic Chihuahua for the spirit of the month? It would bring back fond memories.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

But...but...but...my Wolverines have just had three shutouts in a row. The last two over nationally ranked opponents. I don't think that's possible.

Plus I ain't sure where I put the hypodermic needle. I'll have to see what I can find.

But in the spirit of the occasion, I have a story with a beginning and most of an ending, but it's lacking a middle. It would be a good thing to finish that, don't you think? I'm looking for about 500 to 1000 more words.
    Stewie the Chihuey

AW's resident Velociraptor ShaunHorton's Avatar
    Does plotting count as progress?
    My weekly blog
    My Amazon Author Page
    Twitter
    Facebook

It's out! Hannah is finally out of my hands and on Amazon!

"Is there something seriously wrong with you?"
    "Well, yeah, but that's kind of the point."

Tigress Tyrant Requiescat In Pace
    I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Damn straight. We don't keep our Dominatrix around here for nothing you know.
    Thank you Haggis!
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmae Tyler View Post

Welcome Esmae!
    Hopefully this one will live up to the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by TedTheewen View Post
    I command this thread to live! Live, I say! Live!

My goal for this one-day weekend is to get back on my novel. Anything...just some progress.
    Would it help if we hooked you up to electrodes?
    Quote Originally Posted by C.bronco View Post
    Haggis, can you revive your red-eyed and hypodermic Chihuahua for the spirit of the month? It would bring back fond memories.
    Seconded!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    But...but...but...my Wolverines have just had three shutouts in a row. The last two over nationally ranked opponents. I don't think that's possible.

Plus I ain't sure where I put the hypodermic needle. I'll have to see what I can find.

But in the spirit of the occasion, I have a story with a beginning and most of an ending, but it's lacking a middle. It would be a good thing to finish that, don't you think? I'm looking for about 500 to 1000 more words.
    Hope you can up with a middle, that's the hardest part.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunHorton View Post
    Does plotting count as progress?
    I say it counts. Hope plotting went well and your plot bunnies produced.

I'm working on translations of my poetry into a foreign language, slow going.

To inspire us to produce, I'll be sending these guys
    by to visit everyone for motivation. Keep your socks, toys and small animals out of their reach. They're always hungry.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigery-striped Dominatrix

HOLY CRAP!!!

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

unlike my writing, as of late....
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat. "Weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē

Glad to see I brought this back from the dead. I have been trying to stay away from AW as it was getting in the way of my actual writing but I have a great routine going right now and it does help to stop in a visit every now and then.

I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
    HOLY CRAP!!!

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

unlike my writing, as of late....
    I'm sorry to hear that but glad to see you. Now start writing, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scip View Post
    Glad to see I brought this back from the dead. I have been trying to stay away from AW as it was getting in the way of my actual writing but I have a great routine going right now and it does help to stop in a visit every now and then.
    I'm glad you got your rhythm.

I'll breathe life into eventually.

Soon as I find the battery cables....
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat. "Weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]dl hegel

[QUOTE=Neurotic;6211097]I don't know, mighty Tigress. You've presented some fine alternatives, but Boston and Rob are the little-black-dresses of blame. You know. Classics.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://myspace.com/crashboomgirl"]crash boom girl, the original.;)[/URL]
    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crash-Boom-Girl/100653756699647"]FB book page[/URL]
    [URL="http://playbackstl.com/music/profiles/12751-girl-in-a-coma-interview-"]Outside of the box with Girl in a Coma.[/URL]
    [URL="http://playbackstl.com/columns/a-gypsy-without-refrain/12757-a-gypsy-without-refrain"]My music column[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.playbackstl.com/music/profiles/13102-the-airborne-toxic-event--if-it-feels-good"]The Airborne Toxic Event, if it feels good[/URL]

AW's resident Velociraptor ShaunHorton's Avatar
    It has been my resolution this year to write a minimum of 500 words a day. So far, I'm keeping up on it and then some.

Today, I finished my first short story of the year with just under 7000 words, all written in the past ten days!

Monday starts a new story, (or a continuation of something I've already started.) We'll see.
    My weekly blog
    My Amazon Author Page
    Twitter
    Facebook

It's out! Hannah is finally out of my hands and on Amazon!

"Is there something seriously wrong with you?"
    "Well, yeah, but that's kind of the point."

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    My goal this year was to write a short story a week using old horror comic book covers as inspiration. So far I've been doing pretty good with that. Yet this weekend turned into writing something that I could try to get published. I finished it, though now I'm deep in the editing process.

Page 454 of 454 FirstFirst ... 204354379404429444448449450451452453454