Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Yummy vacation muse, Tigery Mistressness. :D

Haggis, I think this muse will inspire you:
images
She is a mean looking muse, I like her.

Jack Rainey and the Apocalypse Swarm is now available for download from Black Label Books. There's also a link in my sigline.

I already sold a copy (and not to myself:D)!!!:hooray:

That is awesome smsarber!!! Make sure to post this in brags.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Why do I never check in till Wednesday? Every frigging week now!

Anyhow, I did NOT get Ch. 7 done. I did, however, get the second batch of selections for SNM reviewed and sent back as well as half of chapter 7. So I did something. It was not procrastination, just poor time management.

I found a muse for you that can help with time management. There are not enough hours in the day, but if there were more---there still wouldn't be enough. Good luck with your nexts weeks output.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Setting up a new writing schedule for myself effective tomorrow.

4am - Rise & shine. Shower, fix coffee, dress for work.
4:45am - sit at computer & start writing
6:30am - leave for work

Wash, rinse, repeat during week.

I've wasted too much time lollygagging around. Time to get down to serious business.

That gives me an hour and 45 minutes every morning to write. That's potentially 5 thousand words a day at my typing speed. I'll be happy with half that. heck, I'll be happy with 250. Well, not happy, but at least it'll be progress.

Best case scenario is a book every 20 days. One every 30-60 days would be acceptable if there's a short story or two included in there as well.

Of course, no plan ever survives contact with the enemy, but that's my plan.

I thought long and hard about the kind of muse you would need to inspire you and maybe terrify you a little. Good luck with your goals.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Did I miss a week? Oh my. I didn't think it'd been that long.

Anyways:

What I got done:
Query--finished! Reformatting the manuscript and printing the necessary partials for submission--finished! Synopsis--not picked clean by QLH yet, but written from start to finish, which gives me something to work with. I also sent a couple emails to myself to make sure my cut-n-paste methods are working correctly, and it appears they are.

Oh, and I even got some research done for "Lucid," which I hadn't planned anything for. So yay!

Goals for next week:
Get that mess in the mail. That was originally my goal for today, actually, but since it's President's Day there's no mail going out. So yeah. Oh, and in the email too. Just for the ones the don't require a synopsis, obviously, but I have them straightened out--I made a list.

Feed the plot bunnies, maybe? Just to take the edge off?

Good luck with your goals Rhoda. You seem a lot calmer this week. I found you an odd muse, I thought you might like.

tumblr_l20gkkecgF1qa0j0so1_500.jpg

I just love that pic---she made me think of you.

Hugs and pushups,
Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I made some progress. I wasn't very effective at tracking what I did, but I know this last week wasn't a complete waste.

I do know that I didn't quite reach my goal. I still have the last scene (maybe 2 scenes) to add to my febwrite1 story. Almost there.

Almost.

So...that's the goal for this week. :D

I came across this and instantly thought abought you.

big_blood_soap_vampire.jpg

Good luck with your goal.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Said I'd...
Continue with the Write Before You Work system - it seems to be working.
Will also decide where to send a short I wrote last summer, edited recently, and sent to a critter this past week.
Might send out a few nudge emails, might not. I hate sending nudge emails...

I did...
Write before I worked - 240 new words add to to Spirit and a 4500 word Annie short that's presently out for its first crit.
Sub that short I mentioned - "You Never Do"
Sub another short - "Call it Karma"
Send a nudge email on a prior sub - still no word. Think it's a no. Found out there's no need to nudge the other, they've closed. :(

This week I'll...
Keep up with Write before You Work.

I am not sure what this has to do with world domination but I was sent this picture of you in an unmarked envelope. Do you know what it means?

lrg-751-banjo_squirrel.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with your goals Rhoda. You seem a lot calmer this week. I found you an odd muse, I thought you might like.

tumblr_l20gkkecgF1qa0j0so1_500.jpg

I just love that pic---she made me think of you.

Hugs and pushups,
Tigress Tyrant
Yeah, I feel more confident now that I have a solid query. And because I'm more certain of achieving my chosen goal--6 agents queried by March 1st. (2 down, by the way! Snail mail, but still!)

I think the plot bunnies are keeping me distracted, which at this point in the game is a good thing.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I am not sure what this has to do with world domination but I was sent this picture of you in an unmarked envelope. Do you know what it means?

lrg-751-banjo_squirrel.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

We seem to not be moving back to the beach for quite some time. To cope, I'm learning useful skills. This would be a pic of me trying my hand at a little banjo playing. Nothing like a little banjo music to make the neighbors, uh... er... sleep well? Yeah.

No idea who sent you the pic - though I'm starting to suspect my hubs has hidden cameras set up around the house...

curio

giving writer's block the stink eye
Registered
Reaction score
My muse has been looking at me like this:
gypsy.jpg

So, I figured it was time to introduce myself and post some goals to ward off the curse. :)

I'm getting back into fiction writing after a bit of a hiatus. I need to make small, achievable goals each week and get myself back into the groove, writing regularly. My main WIP is a horror novel, so this seemed like the perfect place to start!

My goal this weekend is to write 1000 words, good or bad, and officially get this sucker started. It's been in the planning stages far too long. I've also rejoined at Critters, so I'll need to get my weekly crit done there, too.

I'll start with just that, for now, methinks. Hope all is well out there and I look forward to working with you guys!

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Welcome to the Hounds Curio!

psst... if anyone asks, I was here the whole time, passing out lemonade and snickerdoodles, 'kay? ;)

curio

giving writer's block the stink eye
Registered
Reaction score
Oh goody! I love barbecue!

(wait a second...)

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Curio - welcome. I remember your sig lady - 'The way you walked was thorny, through no fault of your own...' Didn't the remake suck like a Dyson?

I've been novelising my screenplays, and am at 62,000 words of 'Freets'. I may post the first 10 as I've got a horrible feeling it starts too slowly.

My goal for the week is to get to 70,000.

Good luck with all your goals, everyone.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, curio! Newbyques are the best. ;)

Progress this week:
I have two "no's" back from the queries I sent out, and one request for a full. I am trying very hard not to flail too much at that last one because I know it doesn't mean anything except that they want to read my book. But, guys, they wanna read my book!!! (flail)

I also trashed what I had for "Lucid" and started over. I have the same characters and basically the same setting, but I have a better idea about where I want to take it plotwise now. And I have an end in mind, which will give me something to write towards. Hopefully this will help.

You may have noticed I've pared down the projects in my sig line to just those two for now. "Dusty" has been trunked again. I dunno why that story is hard to deal with, but since I have other ideas that are less troublesome, I'm not too concerned.

Goals for next week:
For "The Carrion Girl"--synopsis, synopsis, synopsis. Seriously. I have to get this locked down.

For "Lucid"--5k. Shouldn't be too difficult. (Famous last words, anyone?)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I aimed to finish my Write1 short story for Feb., which I've almost done (by later today or tonight for sure). The final scene just needs a little something more. I am not very happy with how the last 2 thirds of the whole thing has come out actually, so once it's sat for awhile, I'm going to hit it hard with my editor's hat on. But that's not something I'll attempt for another month or so. I just want to have a complete rough draft to work with.

This week: I have a short story from October that I want to sub. Got to give it one more looksie and then it's out the door.

And I'd also like to start outlining something for my Write1 story for March. Which means prompt browsing, music listening, etc. I'm hoping I get an idea for a flash piece because my recent pattern of writing 5k stories is exhausting!!

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Said I'd...
Keep up with the Write Before You Work.

I did...
Add 1580 to "Spirit"

I will...
Same as last week - keep up with the wordage every day.
And will get started on some of the fixes my critter brought to light on Annie's short.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Shame on you Houndies eating the newbs and not saving any for me. Good to see Zahra back.

BTW--someone came buy to visit me at work. It is against the rules to eat guests. When they found the little blue bib under my desk I had some explaining to do. I will be back Tuesday for whippies and hugs.

ZeldaDisneyTiger2.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah, I feel more confident now that I have a solid query. And because I'm more certain of achieving my chosen goal--6 agents queried by March 1st. (2 down, by the way! Snail mail, but still!)

I think the plot bunnies are keeping me distracted, which at this point in the game is a good thing.

128919692800692058.jpg

Welcome, curio! Newbyques are the best. ;)

Progress this week:
I have two "no's" back from the queries I sent out, and one request for a full. I am trying very hard not to flail too much at that last one because I know it doesn't mean anything except that they want to read my book. But, guys, they wanna read my book!!! (flail)

I also trashed what I had for "Lucid" and started over. I have the same characters and basically the same setting, but I have a better idea about where I want to take it plotwise now. And I have an end in mind, which will give me something to write towards. Hopefully this will help.

You may have noticed I've pared down the projects in my sig line to just those two for now. "Dusty" has been trunked again. I dunno why that story is hard to deal with, but since I have other ideas that are less troublesome, I'm not too concerned.

Goals for next week:
For "The Carrion Girl"--synopsis, synopsis, synopsis. Seriously. I have to get this locked down.

For "Lucid"--5k. Shouldn't be too difficult. (Famous last words, anyone?)
Good luck with your restart. Sometimes that is the only way to go. You just have to let the bird fly away.

WomanCrow.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
We seem to not be moving back to the beach for quite some time. To cope, I'm learning useful skills. This would be a pic of me trying my hand at a little banjo playing. Nothing like a little banjo music to make the neighbors, uh... er... sleep well? Yeah.

No idea who sent you the pic - though I'm starting to suspect my hubs has hidden cameras set up around the house...

I can not reveal my sources.

How are a trampoline and a banjo different?

You take off your shoes to jump on a trampoline.

Said I'd...
Keep up with the Write Before You Work.

I did...
Add 1580 to "Spirit"

I will...
Same as last week - keep up with the wordage every day.
And will get started on some of the fixes my critter brought to light on Annie's short.
I heard rumors you were starting an air attack squadron.

flying-squirrel.jpg

Maybe Mr. Squirrel did send me pictures but I am not telling.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh!!!

They have an air force! Are they aligned with the evil mutant winged rats infesting every city coast-to-coast?

We're doomed. Doomed, I tell you.

Run screaming to the..., well, no, not the woods - that's their territory...

it's death in the woods...

Boston, you go first.

Status
Not open for further replies.