Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Haggis. I'll have my crit up here in a few hours. It's nothing fancy, but I saw a couple of holes. Small ones. Honest.

If you guys get a chance, you should read it...it's pretty funny. I Tarrin, You Not.:ROFL:

ETA: I lied. My crit is up now, Haggis. Great piece!

Last edited:

lostgirl

Always Watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisadovichi.com
So I'm incredibly late this week after having been suspiciously absent for last week's update.. I have valid excuses really. I swear.

Last week my power supply died. It was awful, the withdrawals weren't pretty, and I'm still recovering. This weekend, three-feet-of-fun got horrendously sick with high fever spikes and nothing makes a sicker kid feel better than to be miserable on mommy. Thank goodness his fever decided to get under control so here I am.. better late than never.. right? Maybe I'll get extra lashings? *hopeful look* Oh wait, did I say that with my outside voice?

This week I:

1.) Wrote,submitted, and had accepted seven articles
2.) Read and line-edited 137,000 words on a completed WIP
3.) Wrote 1500 new words on Prophecy's Guardian
4.) Have been browbeating Jeanne to get her Sci-fi humorous WIP done and been keeping up with that. (This is something I wouldn't recommend to the folks watching from home. It's really dangerous and can be hazardous to your health. Sometimes I get bruises and the mental scars will never heal. :D)
5,) Generally ran amok and caused mayhem.

That's it for me....

Last edited:

Anthony Matias

Registered
Reaction score
This week I:

1.) Wrote,submitted, and had accepted seven articles
2.) Read and line-edited 137,000 words on a completed WIP
3.) Wrote 1500 new words on Prophecy's Guardian (formerly known as Prophecy's Child -- the WIP informed me it was really three books and Prophecy's Child is the second one.. LOL)
4.) Have been browbeating Jeanne to get her Sci-fi humorous WIP done and been keeping up with that. (This is something I wouldn't recommend to the folks watching from home. It's really dangerous and can be hazardous to your health. Sometimes I get bruises and the mental scars will never heal. :D)
5,) Generally ran amok and caused mayhem.

That's it for me....

Wow LG. You've obviously been slacking. Only seven articles accepted huh? Poor you. A line edit of 137k words also. Slacking are we?

*beats head against laptop and decides against posting his output after hers*

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Wow LG. You've obviously been slacking. Only seven articles accepted huh? Poor you. A line edit of 137k words also. Slacking are we?

*beats head against laptop and decides against posting his output after hers*
Post or be beaten. Or worse. It's that simple. :e2chain: I mean it.

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
In a desperate attempt to get caught up before the next Week In Hell starts, I'm going to attempt a consolidation of epic proportions, while keeping it short. :)roll:)

If I've read the posts correctly...

Haggis -- you've managed a variety of revisions, have teased and tormented the ladies in Romance (where I also hang out, but not right now due to That Which Shall Not Be Referred to on the Weekends), and wrote approximately 2,000 new words. Well done! We are pleased!

:whip::whip::whip:

Scip -- you've gotten 800 words and are blocking out a new story while enlarging an existing WIP. Well done, we are pleased!

Anthony -- 2,100 words done, revised, edited and posted to the challenge! Well done! We'd be even happier if we knew what else you'd been doing...hint, hint, hint...but we are well pleased (pun on the story title intended).

Jay -- Nice poem. Bummer on the rejection (I got one last week from Allegory, too. Very nice rejections, at least.). Searching and searching has not shown new words or submissions, other than the lovely poem about Pike's head. A little more output, dear, tax time or no tax time.

:whip::whip:

DL -- Work...the curse of the drinking class. I feel your pain, sister, I truly do. Assume the position...at least when *I* whip you it's out of LOVE.

Pike -- Editing is good. Um...was there nothing else? *Sigh* Editing is good. Assume the position, oh he who is now immortalized in poetry. Can song be far off?

Cranky -- 627 words and a new effort. Nicely done. And we missed you.

Spooky and Heron -- surely the two of you did something writing-wise other than crack wise and spread humor and wit throughout the forum. Something? anything? Bueller? Bueller?

Get cracking! :e2chain:

LG -- Evil Slacker, you must do more! More, I tell you! Only 7 things subbed and 1,500 words written? For shame! (And, what, no plug for the 137,000 word novel? Was that wise in this thread? I mean, really?) Well done, we are most pleased! (And would like you to please read faster...you are really holding our line editing up. ;))

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Announcement

This week's word output winner was Anthony, just edging out Haggis. :Trophy:

This week's submission winner was LostGirl, pretty much just blowing the rest of us away in the submissions department. :Trophy:

This week's winner of the Commiseration Award is DL, with LostGirl running a close second. :e2violin:

Who shall win next week? WHO? Only the Shadow knows...

...and he'd like to mention that he'd like to see more output just like I would.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I tried but the scene doesn't work with 'dear sister' (but I won't take Pike's poem back...tried 'ee did!)

I wound up with 450 new words, one nice rejection, and the feeling of not accomplishing anything even though Iflt like I was constantly working.

After this weekend I will stick to my 'uninterrupted time principal'. I will not answer phones, doors, questions. Any emergency can wait an hour or two, especially if both of my kids are in the house, conscious and not bleeding. Cats as well.

Backing up is good. Another brave powerstrip died to protect my work!

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
498 words on western Ghost story goal to put out 500-700words tonight.Yes I am a Nana:)and not even 42.
Jeanne have a little pity I have 2 granddaughters now! Charlee is 2yrs old and 7lb girl named Codie was born this morning! I asked for more estrogen?!---I always had boys(eek) but the plus side is I can make an awesome prom dresses.

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score

Jay -- Nice poem. Bummer on the rejection (I got one last week from Allegory, too. Very nice rejections, at least.). Searching and searching has not shown new words or submissions, other than the lovely poem about Pike's head. A little more output, dear, tax time or no tax time.

Actually...I believe I did over 600 that week, but since I deleted almost all of them this week, I will accept the flagellation and beg for more.

MORE!!!!!!

(Seriously if you keep whipping me..people will stay away from me, and I'll be able to work.)

Great Jeannne!!!! Hit me baby one more time!!!!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
(Seriously if you keep whipping me..people will stay away from me, and I'll be able to work.)

Great Jeannne!!!! Hit me baby one more time!!!!

*sings--Do it to me one more time....*

musi137fo.gif

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*cocks head to the side and squints*

I can sorta see the resemblance. And I'm actually starting to get jealous of your hair.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's revolting. We're Horror Hounds. "Scary people, look out!"

No. Now, I couldn't scare a baby. Except by waving my obnoxious looking forelock at them.

Hmph.

Status
Not open for further replies.