Not open for further replies.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Steve, I'm sorry you are still in the hospital. I second making "get healthy" goal #1 ;)

On that note, I may have whooping cough. :( So I spent all day yesterday in bed. The good news is that I spent it reading, researching, and writing. :) And even bumped out a new 1k word short story.

As far as my goals from last week...I finished reading my book. Started, and got about 1/4 through two others. Made a ton of notes and troubleshooted a bunch of problems for a couple of short stories that are sitting there. And fiddled with my outline for Razor and Blades.

And subbed a super short short too.

That's all from me.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
*sends care packages of vitamin C, Zinc, fun twisty straws and great big cups, and tissues to Steve and Soap*

Hope you guys are feeling better soon!

I said
I'd make Spirit progress.
Would blog everyday.

I wrote
343 new Spirit words.
I blogged.

I will
Continue with Spirit progress.
Continue with daily blogging - link is in my sig if you guys are curious about what a skwirrel says when she thinks no one is listening. ;)

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Well, I don't know what totals I have because I don't have the index card with last weeks numbers. But I know I didn't get what I planned on. Still in the hospital, without much change in my condition. But the antibiotics should be kicking in anytime now.

GOAL: Get healthy, write some, at least 400 words total. That's all;)
Wish you well Steve. You will be meet all your goals or else.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Houndies,

I am being held hostage by a pack of evil garden gnomes. I am hoping Greg will send me a shovel to help me dig my way out. The Sheep is in charge...let him know. Be back to beatings Tuesday:evil More output I say!:whip::whip::whip:

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

LEAVES GLITTER SPRAY PAINT FOR LAURIE;)

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Hello,fellow horror writers!

Updates:

I am STILL battling with Riordan's book. It is effing enormous. I don't know if I should change his story so that he's a Knights Templar or let him stay a Crusader. Maybe I can divide it into two books. Sigh. This book is going to make me start smoking again.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I just got my second " chewing out" from a mod here in a month for being too aggressive in some of my posts, especially my critiques down in the SYW forum. So, because of that, I feel that I can no longer offer any critiques of anyone's work anywhere in SYW at this time or the near future. I've enjoyed participating in SYW most of the time, but there are far too many people posting there who apparently only desire praise instead of honest criticism.

Sorry.

I will also likely avoid posting my own work for criticism in SYW as it's far too likely it would only serve as troll bait.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Greg,

I happen to like your bluntness, rules aside. Not that I have anything in there now, but if I did, and PM'd you about it or mentioned it here, would you still critique me? Seriously.

Reporting:
I know, I'm late, sorry. As this is October, which for me means HORROR MOVIE MARATHON TIME!!, I've been *ahem* otherwise distracted.

I'm hacking away at one chapter in particular in The Carrion Girl, and not making a whole lot of forward progress, but only because there's a lot of copy-pasting going on. I'm turning Tells into Shows and correctin continuity errors, so the word count still hasn't changed, but the whole thing makes more sense now.

Goal for this week:

Fight my way out of this chapter and make some forward motion.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Rhoda, I'd be more than happy to critique anything you request. However, the current environment in SYW, not through any fault of the Mods (and this decision only has a little to do with them) is not conducive to my being a party to it at this time.

Consider this a vacation from me and my bluntness - it'll be one for me as well. It takes quite a bit of time and effort to offer blunt criticism and still try to offer help as well.

Quite frankly, I considered taking a vacation from AW as a whole, but I enjoy this site far too much to be away from it for any longer than a few days at a time.

I hope, in the future, to be able to offer honest criticism without getting anyone too riled up.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
greg - as I'm in charge here...

I'm sorry you've had a tough time in the SYW section, but, please, no flouncing here.

There is no flouncing in the Hounds.

:rulez

(and seriously, WTF were you *saying* in SYW to get the mods to say something about it? That's nearly unheard of in SYW, Greg, as it gets pretty brutal in there. I know you're pretty blunt sometimes, but dude... that's an accomplishment right there. :D)

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Wrote lots of novella words last week, wrote a new poem and performed it in two venues, prepared for awesome zine launch which happened on Monday night. I'm sure I kind of did more. I may have submitted some stuff.

My plan this week is to keep working on the novella and begin research for my NaNo novel.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Steve, I'm sorry you are still in the hospital. I second making "get healthy" goal #1 ;)

On that note, I may have whooping cough. :(

:Hug2: You need to get healthy too!

So I spent all day yesterday in bed. The good news is that I spent it reading, researching, and writing. :) And even bumped out a new 1k word short story.

As far as my goals from last week...I finished reading my book. Started, and got about 1/4 through two others. Made a ton of notes and troubleshooted a bunch of problems for a couple of short stories that are sitting there. And fiddled with my outline for Razor and Blades.

And subbed a super short short too.

That's all from me.

I am sending you a muse that is suspended in soap. You need to rescue him

han-soap-1.jpg

Once you do that:evili'm sure he will be helpful defeating any evil storm troopers that come your way.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
*sends care packages of vitamin C, Zinc, fun twisty straws and great big cups, and tissues to Steve and Soap*

Hope you guys are feeling better soon!

I said
I'd make Spirit progress.
Would blog everyday.

I wrote
343 new Spirit words.
I blogged.

I will
Continue with Spirit progress.
Continue with daily blogging - link is in my sig if you guys are curious about what a skwirrel says when she thinks no one is listening. ;)

I have heard rumors about the 'skwirrel" forming a special elite army...I am sure there is no truth in that.

After_all_our_'skwirrel'_wouldn't_do_that???

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hello,fellow horror writers!

Updates:

I am STILL battling with Riordan's book. It is effing enormous. I don't know if I should change his story so that he's a Knights Templar or let him stay a Crusader. Maybe I can divide it into two books. Sigh. This book is going to make me start smoking again.

I am sending you a knight muse to help with battles...I hear he does windows as well.

knight.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I just got my second " chewing out" from a mod here in a month for being too aggressive in some of my posts, especially my critiques down in the SYW forum. So, because of that, I feel that I can no longer offer any critiques of anyone's work anywhere in SYW at this time or the near future. I've enjoyed participating in SYW most of the time, but there are far too many people posting there who apparently only desire praise instead of honest criticism.

Sorry.

I will also likely avoid posting my own work for criticism in SYW as it's far too likely it would only serve as troll bait.

Hiya Greg,

I am unfamiliar with the situation...but a word of advice from my grandma....it's not what you call a dog but how you call them. I did not get my nickname 'Tigress Tyrant' for being sweet and huggable...ask the sheep. I would say there are different ways of expressing something truthfully and bluntly---without being too tactless. Sometimes it's not the content but the wording that is the issue. You are a very bright charming man...I am sure you can find that balance with little issue;)

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

PS here is a muse...to help with the finer points;)

Picture+5.png

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey Greg,

I happen to like your bluntness, rules aside. Not that I have anything in there now, but if I did, and PM'd you about it or mentioned it here, would you still critique me? Seriously.

Reporting:
I know, I'm late, sorry. As this is October, which for me means HORROR MOVIE MARATHON TIME!!, I've been *ahem* otherwise distracted.

I'm hacking away at one chapter in particular in The Carrion Girl, and not making a whole lot of forward progress, but only because there's a lot of copy-pasting going on. I'm turning Tells into Shows and correctin continuity errors, so the word count still hasn't changed, but the whole thing makes more sense now.

Goal for this week:

Fight my way out of this chapter and make some forward motion.

I found this picture when doing my search for you, I found it a little creepy.

carrion.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
greg - as I'm in charge here...

I'm sorry you've had a tough time in the SYW section, but, please, no flouncing here.

There is no flouncing in the Hounds.

:rulez

(and seriously, WTF were you *saying* in SYW to get the mods to say something about it? That's nearly unheard of in SYW, Greg, as it gets pretty brutal in there. I know you're pretty blunt sometimes, but dude... that's an accomplishment right there. :D)
I know a sheep who has gotten into a pickle or two with the truth telling....for that matter so has a certain tiger:D

See I leave you in charge and what happens flouncing and no flogging...
no sexy MP pictures for you, you bad bad sheep.:whip::whip::whip:

BadNightSheep.jpg

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Wrote lots of novella words last week, wrote a new poem and performed it in two venues, prepared for awesome zine launch which happened on Monday night. I'm sure I kind of did more. I may have submitted some stuff.

My plan this week is to keep working on the novella and begin research for my NaNo novel.

If you need any research help and that goes for any of my houndies...send me a message on here or an email. I am quick with research but I might be calling on you for editing help at a later date;)

Good luck with NaNo...you will totally rock it this year...just like last year...or else:evil

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
oh, and I deny all knowledge of anything having to do with a pickle or anything at all in that regards.

It wasn't me.

The pictures lie.

:D

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I have heard rumors about the 'skwirrel" forming a special elite army...I am sure there is no truth in that.

After_all_our_'skwirrel'_wouldn't_do_that???

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

I'm as innocent as the day is long, as they say.

I mean, does this face look like it'd be forming a secret army of vengeful skwirrels?

4clip013Hammy.gif

Hmph - I though not.

3d-angel-3.gif

The Scip

...walks this way.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thescip.blogspot.com
I am back!

After a self imposed (unofficial) banning I am back. I haven't been around since June or so but I've been writing. I won"t post what I've written since my last visit. I do like coming back though. Reading posts is like seeing friend you haven"t seen in a while.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
but.... but...

flogging is *your* thing.

I prefer the pretty flames.

:flamethrower

:evil

I am good with flames too

oh, and I deny all knowledge of anything having to do with a pickle or anything at all in that regards.

It wasn't me.

The pictures lie.

:D

*rolls on the floor laughing*

yeah right...

I'm as innocent as the day is long, as they say.

I mean, does this face look like it'd be forming a secret army of vengeful skwirrels?

4clip013Hammy.gif

Hmph - I though not.

3d-angel-3.gif

We ain't buying it skwirrel of destruction.

EEEk! He is gorgeous!

Glad you like him Kitty:D

I am back!

After a self imposed (unofficial) banning I am back. I haven't been around since June or so but I've been writing. I won"t post what I've written since my last visit. I do like coming back though. Reading posts is like seeing friend you haven"t seen in a while.

Yay! Scip.

Good to see you:e2cheer:

Flouncing, hah!

I do not flounce.

Sonetimes I whine, cajole, pout, or just plain go off to be by my lonesome, but I do not flounce.

I rant, sometimes.

It's just a vacation, folks. No big thing.

Now, where'd I leave that dragline to dig our Tigery Tyrantness out?

This is why I :heart: you Greg...always to the important business at hand;)

Status
Not open for further replies.