Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Just submitted the 4k Quentin Dallas story Any Minute Now, reviewed down in SYW, to Strange Horizons.

They might not like horror, especially, but WTH.

Oh, and Your Tigeryness, I did manage something like 6k+ words edited and rewritten this week (reported earlier this week, not that I'd ever think of correcting Her Fabulous Fangedness)..

:)

Last edited:

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
This week I hope to write 2,000 words, compile my early short stories and poetry together for copyediting and maybe do more toward An Abused Mind.

Wrote 609 words, so was below my goal. Compiled early works and began copy editing but no more work was done on Abused Mind.

This week I'm setting a word count target as 1,000 words. I'll be focussing mostly on Abused Mind and maybe a bit of a new short From Persecution to Persecution.

As it's the start of the month, I've also posted my results to my April monthly goals and set new goals for May. I posted it on my blog if people are interested.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I said I'd add 500 words to something in progress.

Instead, I...

:) Added 230 words to Telepathy.
:) Received a "Yes! Send us the MS and synopsis!" email on the Delicious query I sent out two months ago. Friday I finished edits/revisions (four hours worth) and wrote the synopsis. Waiting for one more "did I fix it?" email from one of my critters before I send them both in.
:) Recieved a "Let me look at it this week and I'll let you know" followed up with a "We're on hiatus due to time contraints" emails from the mag I sent Roses to.
:) Received a "Yes, we'd like to include "A Visit with the Tantes" in Emerald Tale's June Edition" email.

Plans for this week:
:) Send out Delicious MS and synopsis.
:) Add 500 to either Telepathy or Spirit.

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score

Instead, I...

:) Added 230 words to Telepathy.
:) Received a "Yes! Send us the MS and synopsis!" email on the Delicious query I sent out two months ago. Friday I finished edits/revisions (four hours worth) and wrote the synopsis. Waiting for one more "did I fix it?" email from one of my critters before I send them both in.
:) Recieved a "Let me look at it this week and I'll let you know" followed up with a "We're on hiatus due to time contraints" emails from the mag I sent Roses to.
:) Received a "Yes, we'd like to include "A Visit with the Tantes" in Emerald Tale's June Edition" email.

Plans for this week:
:) Send out Delicious MS and synopsis.
:) Add 500 to either Telepathy or Spirit.
What's this? Smilie faces as bullet points? In the Horror forum?

Where's my Tigerliciousness gone to? She needs to address this abomination.

I mean, blood splatters--sure. Fang faces--you bet. But smilie faces?

Dang skwirrels.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haggis.....

where are *your* goals?

You know, before you go slighting the smiley faces.

Which I, for one, found kind of creepy all clustered like that.

:D

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com

Dang skwirrels.

But I don't do gore...

Haggis.....

... the smiley faces.

Which I, for one, found kind of creepy all clustered like that.

:D

Creepy - that's more my style.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

And doesn't it make you wonder what so many smilies in a horror forum could be smiling about?

ETA: This guy is one of my all-time faves
MSN-Emoticon-096.gif
but he takes up a bit of space to use him as bullet points.

Last edited:

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I need to start posting in this thread to keep me productive.

:evil Last week I did about 8K worth of writing in the WIP, and I nixed about 5K of it.

:evil Took some of the above-mentioned 5K and am in the process of molding it into a separate short story

:evil Polished up my synopsis on my giant monster manuscript

:evil I sent out my first query on my giant monster manuscript

:evil I tried out the Clarkesworld submission thing with a feudal Japanese story I really, really like, but nobody else seems to.

Wow... It looks like I did a lot when I write it down. Why does it feel like I didn't do anything productive?

To do this week:

Catch up on my crittering obligations.

Write more.

owlion

Absorbing inspiration from the moon
Registered
Reaction score
Just found this after lurking in the horror section for a while (I'm a newbie to horror writing, so I felt weird about posting ^^").

Well, last week:
- Only about 3k on my horror WIP (I was ill)
- Sent off a couple more queries for my urban fantasy MS (I got bored waiting for replies)
- Posted up some short stories on ABCTales.com and got two cherrypicked (kind of funny that one was a horror. Cherrypicked just doesn't sound very scary XD).
- Sent said horror shortie to SNM horror magazine - won't hear back for 4 weeks.

This week:
- Must add 1000 words per day to horror WIP.
- Try and re-write synopsis and query for urban fantasy MS - they're not that good.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
* Slinks in, shuffling feet*.

I'm incapable of sticking to my goal-plans. If I say I'll work on 'Watch All Night', I'll end up drafting plans for the TV serial. If I firmly believe I'll work on the serial, I'll end up querying for 'Freets' or scowling over 'Open House'.

OK, so, all I can promise is that I will make significant progress on SOMETHING. Either finish the draft od WAN or do the characters for the TV.

There.

Please don't eat me.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com

Instead, I...

squirrel.gif
Added 230 words to Telepathy.
squirrel.gif
Received a "Yes! Send us the MS and synopsis!" email on the Delicious query I sent out two months ago. Friday I finished edits/revisions (four hours worth) and wrote the synopsis. Waiting for one more "did I fix it?" email from one of my critters before I send them both in.
squirrel.gif
Recieved a "Let me look at it this week and I'll let you know" followed up with a "We're on hiatus due to time contraints" emails from the mag I sent Roses to.
squirrel.gif
Received a "Yes, we'd like to include "A Visit with the Tantes" in Emerald Tale's June Edition" email.

Plans for this week:
squirrel.gif
Send out Delicious MS and synopsis.
squirrel.gif
Add 500 to either Telepathy or Spirit.

Good job Laurie...keep pushing!
Good luck on your subs. No more smileys the evil undead doggie is right. I miss the guns myself. The whole making the sheep nervous always a bonus.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Dang skwirrels.

I fixed it, Haggis. She is now a skwirrel pointed.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Just submitted the 4k Quentin Dallas story Any Minute Now, reviewed down in SYW, to Strange Horizons.

They might not like horror, especially, but WTH.

Oh, and Your Tigeryness, I did manage something like 6k+ words edited and rewritten this week (reported earlier this week, not that I'd ever think of correcting Her Fabulous Fangedness)..

:)

Awesome job Greg,

I very seldom find a good pic for you. This one is a little off and slightly creepy hope you like it.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

4-rainbow-road.jpg

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Wrote 609 words, so was below my goal. Compiled early works and began copy editing but no more work was done on Abused Mind.

This week I'm setting a word count target as 1,000 words. I'll be focussing mostly on Abused Mind and maybe a bit of a new short From Persecution to Persecution.

As it's the start of the month, I've also posted my results to my April monthly goals and set new goals for May. I posted it on my blog if people are interested.

Ben,

I am glad to see you rolling along with word count. Slow weeks are expected and editing is time consuming. Here is a rocket powered muse for you.

normal_Brainwav%20Mural%20detail.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I need to start posting in this thread to keep me productive.

:evil Last week I did about 8K worth of writing in the WIP, and I nixed about 5K of it.

:evil Took some of the above-mentioned 5K and am in the process of molding it into a separate short story

:evil Polished up my synopsis on my giant monster manuscript

:evil I sent out my first query on my giant monster manuscript

:evil I tried out the Clarkesworld submission thing with a feudal Japanese story I really, really like, but nobody else seems to.

Wow... It looks like I did a lot when I write it down. Why does it feel like I didn't do anything productive?

To do this week:

Catch up on my crittering obligations.

Write more.

Hiya Mdin,

Good to see you reporting. I hope to see you next week. I found this when I did a search for feudal Japan

throne-of-blood.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Just found this after lurking in the horror section for a while (I'm a newbie to horror writing, so I felt weird about posting ^^").

Well, last week:
- Only about 3k on my horror WIP (I was ill)
- Sent off a couple more queries for my urban fantasy MS (I got bored waiting for replies)
- Posted up some short stories on ABCTales.com and got two cherrypicked (kind of funny that one was a horror. Cherrypicked just doesn't sound very scary XD).
- Sent said horror shortie to SNM horror magazine - won't hear back for 4 weeks.

This week:
- Must add 1000 words per day to horror WIP.
- Try and re-write synopsis and query for urban fantasy MS - they're not that good.

Welcome aboard Laurie17,

Hope to see you around a lot. BTW if any of the horror hounds invite you over for dinner, you are the main course.:e2chain:

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
* Slinks in, shuffling feet*.

I'm incapable of sticking to my goal-plans. If I say I'll work on 'Watch All Night', I'll end up drafting plans for the TV serial. If I firmly believe I'll work on the serial, I'll end up querying for 'Freets' or scowling over 'Open House'.

OK, so, all I can promise is that I will make significant progress on SOMETHING. Either finish the draft od WAN or do the characters for the TV.

There.

Please don't eat me.

Zahra,

tom_hardy_2567054.jpg
Got to keep pushing and use your will. Never give in or up. BTW Tom says hi.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Status
Not open for further replies.