Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
We're gonig to collaborate on something that evil writers will find amusing at the expense of small undead dogs.

Care to help us with the research?

:gone:

I'm going to write 3000 words tommorrow evil leaders of disaster and chaos. Not because I fear you, but because your example inspires me.

Yes, I know, it's shamless groveling. ;)

:e2headban

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
You do indeed my mistress.

Unfortunately this little minion was up late last night. One of the kids was in the emergency room. It's not anything bad, thank goodness. Costocondritis, but now I'm very tired. My pillow is calling and I think I'd better answer before I start spouting royal purple prose.

G'night until another time. Hopefully so I can brag that I forfilled my goal tomorow.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Hmmm, if I continue to get pictures like that last one I might just procrastinate some more...

Of course, now that the holiday season is mostly over and the pressure is easing I expect that I will have more time to get a lot more writing done. this was my first experience in a retail environment during the holiday season. It was not an especially good one. It also wasn't an experience that I especially enjoyed.

A hell of a lot of time and effort went into making sure that things went smoothly at my store in my department. Conflicts with my managers did not help matters much. Things seem to be easing up now, but I have it from another manager that expectations are going to be increasing not decreasing.

Fortunately, I may have a better offer at another store, Best Buy instead of Wal-Mart.

Of course, where I would really like to work is at Barnes & Noble. That might be one of those dream jobs.

Would it be a conflict of interest for a writer to work in a bookstore?

:)

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
In better news today I got 300 words or so done while watching the photo lab for my department while one of the girls went to lunch. That was for Gated.

I'll transcribe it tonight using my DNS program which should make it go really fast and allow me to add at least that much more.

DNS does make transcribing things a whole lot easier going from handwritten to the computer. That alone makes it more than worth the 40 bucks I paid for it.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Monday Morning Report

I said I'd hit 500. Actually wrote 584 new words that I haven't deleted.

Worked on Delicoius edits, got it up to around 3500, then cut it down to 3000.

School's back in. Roads are crap - thank you to whomever danced the snow dance in my area. Mr. D's working days. Put me down for another 500 and a short submission.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Output: I got the first 35 pages of Razor and Blades read and marked up. 12 pages of handwritten notes on fixes etc. that need to be made so far.

Continued to write/delete/write/delete on my Dec. prompt story (The Death of Me Yet). But I'm about ready to strangle my characters, so I think I'll let it sit for Jan. until I get round one of revisions done on the novel.

Goals: Finish reading and marking up R&B. Plus 1000 new words on it.:)

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
Goals Were:

• 4k new words
Accomplishments:
  • 12k added to Paper Tigers - WIP
  • 500 words added to Dead Things, Pretty Things (another WIP)
  • 800 words written - untitled piece
  • Received 1 short story acceptance
  • Received 1 poetry acceptance
  • Received 2 short story rejections
  • Ink update: Another partial request on 12/31/2009
Goals for this week:

• 10k new words

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just for giggles before the seriousness:

306330full.gif

dusting off an old short ... "Bob, The Avenging Angel";

That's a "no" on this one, but I did get some ideas written down and at least know where it's going

there's the prompt story ... "Do Vampires Dream of Plasma Sheep?";

Done and in SYW.

and a poem about a not so jolly version of Santa Claus "All I Want For Christmas."

Ditto. A free verse AND a rhyming version. I think that counts double :D

Plus a K or two of words someplace on one of the WIPs.

oooh... forgot about this one. Though I did get some work done on one of them. Not sure it added up to more than a K, but it was there.

Also some poems, as the poetry muse seems to be sitting in my lap. As long as she leaves me room to reach around her to type, I suppose I'll live with it.

now, goals for next week:

"Bob" needs finished, as does my prompt idea, which, since I suggested it, probably ought to get written. I also have another idea for my short-story land of the dead PI (who's my only published character to date, so he ought to get some love) that resolved issues I was having with that one. So that's three shorts.

I suspect there might be a poem or two - unless the muse is done with me - hard to say about these things.

Some words here and there on one of the WIPs.

And... some subs, I think. Between the shorts I finished and the poems, I ought to have at least something to send out somewhere.

might also breathe life into the query letter and send it out into the wild....

smsarber

Coming soon to a nightmare near you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep... Those little slices of Death. How I loath
I didn't get any new work done, but I did manage a second draft of "The Stray," which is posted in SYW Horror.

Goals this week: a modest 1,000 words of new material. I'm getting my strength back, so I'm confident I can reach that.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I got 500 words done on an edit of my FOTS novel this morning and hope to get even more done this evening. That's at least 500 new words added to the thing since yesterday.

The real problem's going to come when I try to add in the complex battle scenes that are coming up. Space battles are short, vicious, and deadly in my universe, often fought at extremely long range (well out of sight of the enemy), and at least scientifically plausible. Making these things exciting when the actual maneuvering pre-battle can take hours is...um...difficult to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.