AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.


 

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 3 of 454 FirstFirst 12345678913285378103253 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 11342

Thread: Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

  1. #51
    Chivalry ain't dead Pike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Home. Work. Home. You know the drill.
    Posts
    2,428
    Don't be so hard on yourself, Cranky; that's for the mods. I'm going to set some high standards as well because I've been slacking somethin' fierce:

    I've got a piece I've been toying with for months that I have to write before Jan. 1, so I plan to pimp out at least 3k this weekend. I can do it if i stay the hell off the net and F.O.C.U.S.

    Second goal is to outline a novel idea that hit me this week. This is straying from the traditional horror, being that it's more a dark fantasy.

    That's it for now. Anymore and I'll certainly be enacting the wrath of the gods.

    Pike
    Pike

    "The first draft of anything is shit." Ernest Hemingway

    WIP's:Frenzy - Currently available on Amazon, Sequel - Plotting stages

    http://pikespage.blogspot.com/ Come by and see what I've been up to.

    Link To Frenzy

  2. #52
    Evil, undead Chihuahua SuperModerator Haggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A dark, evil place.
    Posts
    56,207
    Greetings, y'all. Glad to see folks checking in already.

    As I mentioned before, I am mostly a weekend writer. If I get more than 500 words in a week, it's a good week. I know that doesn't sound like much (and it isn't), but it does add up. Unfortunately, it doesn't add up when I don't do any writing on the weekend, and that's been happening much too often. That's over, and Jeanne has my permission to whip my bare behind if I come up empty in any given week. Of course, I like that kind of thing anyhow.

    Here's my new goal: 1000 words per weekend, and 500 additional words sometime during the week. In addition, I promise to crit at least one story if one is posted in the horror SYW that week.

    This is going to be a tough week to get anything done, what with shopping, family commitments and all, but I'll give it my best shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlz View Post
    For those of you that don't know what "haggis" is, I can only say that it's much better not knowing anyway
    Stewie the Chihuey
    featuring the lovely and talented


    Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments




  3. #53
    and she was never seen again zahra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    London and Florida
    Posts
    1,988
    Well, I intend to spend Sunday through Wednesday in a state of genteel inebriation, but after that, back at it. I'm only committing to twenty more pages til next w'end, but hoping for more. (God bless low expectations, eh?).
    WIP horror
    FREETS Editing
    WATCH ALL NIGHT Editing
    OPEN HOUSE About to start
    UNEARTHED You're next, love.

  4. #54
    Benefactor Member Cranky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself, Cranky; that's for the mods. I'm going to set some high standards as well because I've been slacking somethin' fierce:

    I've got a piece I've been toying with for months that I have to write before Jan. 1, so I plan to pimp out at least 3k this weekend. I can do it if i stay the hell off the net and F.O.C.U.S.

    Second goal is to outline a novel idea that hit me this week. This is straying from the traditional horror, being that it's more a dark fantasy.

    That's it for now. Anymore and I'll certainly be enacting the wrath of the gods.

    Pike
    Thanks, Pike...now I'm afraid to go to sleep at night. Somebody hold me...

    Good luck with your goals. I know I'm gonna hafta bust my hump, but oh well.
    W.S.F.A. today! (Write Something F***ing Awesome)

    An exceptional poem that you really should read, by AW's own William Haskins:


    Thorn Forest: A Poem In Progress

  5. #55
    Benefactor Member Cranky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Greetings, y'all. Glad to see folks checking in already.

    As I mentioned before, I am mostly a weekend writer. If I get more than 500 words in a week, it's a good week. I know that doesn't sound like much (and it isn't), but it does add up. Unfortunately, it doesn't add up when I don't do any writing on the weekend, and that's been happening much too often. That's over, and Jeanne has my permission to whip my bare behind if I come up empty in any given week. Of course, I like that kind of thing anyhow.

    Here's my new goal: 1000 words per weekend, and 500 additional words sometime during the week. In addition, I promise to crit at least one story if one is posted in the horror SYW that week.

    This is going to be a tough week to get anything done, what with shopping, family commitments and all, but I'll give it my best shot.
    See, now if you slack on your goals, does that mean one of us peons gets to wield the whip?

    Bwhahahaha.....
    W.S.F.A. today! (Write Something F***ing Awesome)

    An exceptional poem that you really should read, by AW's own William Haskins:


    Thorn Forest: A Poem In Progress

  6. #56
    Evil, undead Chihuahua SuperModerator Haggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A dark, evil place.
    Posts
    56,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    See, now if you slack on your goals, does that mean one of us peons gets to wield the whip?

    Bwhahahaha.....
    If you dare to pry it away from Jeanne, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlz View Post
    For those of you that don't know what "haggis" is, I can only say that it's much better not knowing anyway
    Stewie the Chihuey
    featuring the lovely and talented


    Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments




  7. #57
    I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch WPR Dominatrix JeanneTGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    7,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    If you dare to pry it away from Jeanne, sure.
    Don't count on it, my pets...I'm very attached to my whips...

    (It's a win-win for me -- either y'all getcher butts in gear and meet your goals...or I get to whip yer butts into gear...I LOVE MY JOB!)
    Jeanne

    Action, Adventure, Romance & Humor
    Coming December 2017, Aliens Abroad -- Preorder NOW!

    --Click the covers to go to my website for details & more!


  8. #58
    Your Cuddly Sociopathic AW Moderator Jaycinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Same Psychosis...different day.
    Posts
    13,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    If you dare to pry it away from Jeanne, sure.

    WHIPS???

    I doan needz no steenkin WHIPS!!





    HEY!!! I ain't seed no progress out from none of you folks. Please...don't run.......it will bother me if you run....
    !
    By JAYCINTH: I have my OWN PAGE at Aquarius Custom Jewelry. Please, come and see and like me on Facebook.
    I'm editing the 'Sensible Man' I STILL love these unpaid gigs


  9. #59
    I vant to bite you Kerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Way out there
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanneTGC View Post
    I loooove it when they don't meet their goals. Just looooove it.

    Just going to go warm up the cattle prod, for that potential gentle prodding...
    Get 'er ready Jeanne, I'm taking a Christmas extension. I got kind of excited when this started and completely forgot what all would be going on this week, none of which cooperates with my writing plans, even moreso than usual. Sorry Haggis. But I'm only begging a few more days. I considered posting half and half, but really don't want to do that. As long as it's a short, I like to get the whole reaction.

    Kerr
    the dark one
    "Push me in a corner and I'll come out writin'." -Kerr



  10. #60
    Evil, undead Chihuahua SuperModerator Haggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A dark, evil place.
    Posts
    56,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post
    WHIPS???

    I doan needz no steenkin WHIPS!!





    HEY!!! I ain't seed no progress out from none of you folks. Please...don't run.......it will bother me if you run....
    !
    Sorry, sweetie. This is goals posting day. Failure to meet goals posting day is next Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlz View Post
    For those of you that don't know what "haggis" is, I can only say that it's much better not knowing anyway
    Stewie the Chihuey
    featuring the lovely and talented


    Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments




  11. #61
    I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch WPR Dominatrix JeanneTGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    7,667
    *Holds up paw holding cat-o-nine-tails*

    Haggis, I shall carry out my duties as Chief 'Quisitor, no matter what they say they have done, no matter if goals are reached or missed, no matter if --

    What?

    Huh? Oh. Huh.

    *sigh*

    I shall *grumble* carry out my duties as Chief 'Quisitor ONLY if *sigh* they don't meet their *rassumfrassum* goals and otherwise shall act as head *heh* cheerleader for those to meet or exceed their goals. Go team! (Unless said achievers WANT the whip, in which case, I am here to serve. So to speak. )
    Jeanne

    Action, Adventure, Romance & Humor
    Coming December 2017, Aliens Abroad -- Preorder NOW!

    --Click the covers to go to my website for details & more!


  12. #62
    Evil, undead Chihuahua SuperModerator Haggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A dark, evil place.
    Posts
    56,207
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanneTGC View Post
    *Holds up paw holding cat-o-nine-tails*

    Haggis, I shall carry out my duties as Chief 'Quisitor, no matter what they say they have done, no matter if goals are reached or missed, no matter if --

    What?

    Huh? Oh. Huh.

    *sigh*

    I shall *grumble* carry out my duties as Chief 'Quisitor ONLY if *sigh* they don't meet their *rassumfrassum* goals and otherwise shall act as head *heh* cheerleader for those to meet or exceed their goals. Go team! (Unless said achievers WANT the whip, in which case, I am here to serve. So to speak. )
    Pssst. Okay, gang. Y'all owe me one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlz View Post
    For those of you that don't know what "haggis" is, I can only say that it's much better not knowing anyway
    Stewie the Chihuey
    featuring the lovely and talented


    Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments




  13. #63
    Benefactor Member Cranky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Pssst. Okay, gang. Y'all owe me one.
    My hiney thanks you, Haggis.

    Uh, yeah, that didn't come out quite right, now did it? *clearsthroat*

    Thanks for the save.
    W.S.F.A. today! (Write Something F***ing Awesome)

    An exceptional poem that you really should read, by AW's own William Haskins:


    Thorn Forest: A Poem In Progress

  14. #64
    I vant to bite you Kerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Way out there
    Posts
    2,060
    Okay Haggis, you can call off your dog. Oops! I meant cat. I'm in. Hope you can plow through. It ended up longer than I'd like. I may cut off the whole beginning.

    Kerr
    the dark one
    "Push me in a corner and I'll come out writin'." -Kerr



  15. #65
    Evil, undead Chihuahua SuperModerator Haggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    A dark, evil place.
    Posts
    56,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
    Okay Haggis, you can call off your dog. Oops! I meant cat. I'm in. Hope you can plow through. It ended up longer than I'd like. I may cut off the whole beginning.
    Heading over to SYW after this post.

    Okay. I've done a couple of crits this week. And I have today's 500 words finished. Jeanne can't get me quite yet, 'cause I still have the rest of today and tomorrow to finish my 1500 for the week. If I can do that this week, I know I can do it on a regular basis.

    I'll post the final word count tally tomorrow.

    Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlz View Post
    For those of you that don't know what "haggis" is, I can only say that it's much better not knowing anyway
    Stewie the Chihuey
    featuring the lovely and talented


    Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments




  16. #66
    Chivalry ain't dead Pike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Home. Work. Home. You know the drill.
    Posts
    2,428
    I neglected to report in after last weekend, so I'm grabbing my ankles while typing. (Don't ask how)

    I managed to eek out just under 2k on the story and then went research crazy for my knew WIP. After that I fell flat on my face. What do you expect, I've been holding my ankles.

    Pike
    Pike

    "The first draft of anything is shit." Ernest Hemingway

    WIP's:Frenzy - Currently available on Amazon, Sequel - Plotting stages

    http://pikespage.blogspot.com/ Come by and see what I've been up to.

    Link To Frenzy

  17. #67
    I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch WPR Dominatrix JeanneTGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    7,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I neglected to report in after last weekend, so I'm grabbing my ankles while typing. (Don't ask how)

    I managed to eek out just under 2k on the story and then went research crazy for my knew WIP. After that I fell flat on my face. What do you expect, I've been holding my ankles.

    Pike
    And you look so (heh) cute, doing it, too.

    I dunno, Haggis. I mean, 2/3 of the way on the stated writing goal and work done on the outline...do I whip or do I not?

    Of course, Pike's all bent over and waiting for it...perhaps just one for fun...
    Jeanne

    Action, Adventure, Romance & Humor
    Coming December 2017, Aliens Abroad -- Preorder NOW!

    --Click the covers to go to my website for details & more!


  18. #68
    Super Browser triceretops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    13,512
    Oh. My. Gawd. This...this...this is an outrage! I see some of my whiddle buds snooping around over here...and they're...actually trading in whips for tazers. "Unbelievable," said Finch about Buddy Hall.

    "Inconceivable," exclaimed Vizzini in Princess Bride

    "Inexplicable," gushed Professor Lyndenbrook in Journey to the Center of the Earth

    "You horrific lil bastids," said Triceratops.

    So, qualifications, eh? In my last thriller, Romulus the werewolf tore the head off a ten-year-old girl, killed her parents, then ate the livers of a cryptozoologist and a Shoshone shaman. That gave him enough strength to butcher six Army National Guardsmen, and after he climbed Devils Tower, he got his genitals ripped off and tossed over the cliff. I call that scene "balls to the wall."

    Whada ya think of me now????!!!

    Damn your eyes, you elitist blood-drinking snobs! I'll not soil my feet upon these grounds...I won't even waste my...

    ...wait a minute. Is Jeanne or Jay doing the thrasing, whipping, spanking?

    Well, I might consider just stopping in to peek. Once in a while. Maybe.

    Tri

  19. #69
    Benefactor Member Cranky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,942
    *pokes head into thread*

    Ahem. Well, I am not entirely sure of the exact word counts, but here goes:

    There is no way I got 3k done on my newest WIP. I think I got about 250, max.

    I got my stuff done for the piece I'm going to workshop, so a checkmark there.

    I did get around 1500k done on one of my older pieces. So, total word count for this week...is far, far off from 4k total on all works.

    I am braced for impact!

    (I also know now to post lower goals for next week, lol)
    W.S.F.A. today! (Write Something F***ing Awesome)

    An exceptional poem that you really should read, by AW's own William Haskins:


    Thorn Forest: A Poem In Progress

  20. #70
    banned as an incurable tosspot SpookyWriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    9,696
    I didn't quite reach my goals on wip, but at least I did write a few more pages this past week. I also started some work on a new short story. I did manage to visit SYW and critique a few short stories. So the week wasn't a complete blowoff.

    My goal for this upcoming week is to finish the chapter I've been struggling with for quite some time.

  21. #71
    and she was never seen again zahra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    London and Florida
    Posts
    1,988
    OK, right, so although i haven't done TOO much this weekend A) I ain't even done writing yet and B) I am writing after having been hit a whammy with the depression-stick (my bete-noire is in the public eye again, with her wide-mouthed, successful, leading-role, property-owning face hanging out) - so I count every word down as multiplied by roughly 100.

    S'there.

    How about you all?
    WIP horror
    FREETS Editing
    WATCH ALL NIGHT Editing
    OPEN HOUSE About to start
    UNEARTHED You're next, love.

  22. #72
    I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch WPR Dominatrix JeanneTGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    7,667
    Quote Originally Posted by triceretops View Post
    Oh. My. Gawd. This...this...this is an outrage! I see some of my whiddle buds snooping around over here...and they're...actually trading in whips for tazers. "Unbelievable," said Finch about Buddy Hall.

    "Inconceivable," exclaimed Vizzini in Princess Bride

    "Inexplicable," gushed Professor Lyndenbrook in Journey to the Center of the Earth

    "You horrific lil bastids," said Triceratops.

    So, qualifications, eh? In my last thriller, Romulus the werewolf tore the head off a ten-year-old girl, killed her parents, then ate the livers of a cryptozoologist and a Shoshone shaman. That gave him enough strength to butcher six Army National Guardsmen, and after he climbed Devils Tower, he got his genitals ripped off and tossed over the cliff. I call that scene "balls to the wall."

    Whada ya think of me now????!!!

    Damn your eyes, you elitist blood-drinking snobs! I'll not soil my feet upon these grounds...I won't even waste my...

    ...wait a minute. Is Jeanne or Jay doing the thrasing, whipping, spanking?

    Well, I might consider just stopping in to peek. Once in a while. Maybe.

    Tri


    Tri, I think that output deserves some whip lovin'!


    I mean them with love, of course...
    Jeanne

    Action, Adventure, Romance & Humor
    Coming December 2017, Aliens Abroad -- Preorder NOW!

    --Click the covers to go to my website for details & more!


  23. #73
    I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch WPR Dominatrix JeanneTGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    7,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    *pokes head into thread*

    Ahem. Well, I am not entirely sure of the exact word counts, but here goes:

    There is no way I got 3k done on my newest WIP. I think I got about 250, max.

    I got my stuff done for the piece I'm going to workshop, so a checkmark there.

    I did get around 1500k done on one of my older pieces. So, total word count for this week...is far, far off from 4k total on all works.

    I am braced for impact!

    (I also know now to post lower goals for next week, lol)
    Darn it, Haggis...I hate it when they DO stuff. It's so hard to decide to whip or not to whip...

    But, it's Cranky so...yeah...whip.


    Not too shabby, btw, making over 50% of your writing goal and at least hitting all the rest of your goals.

    Of course, we'll see what Haggis says. He may want more whipping. Of you, too, not just himself...
    Jeanne

    Action, Adventure, Romance & Humor
    Coming December 2017, Aliens Abroad -- Preorder NOW!

    --Click the covers to go to my website for details & more!


  24. #74
    I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch WPR Dominatrix JeanneTGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    7,667
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyWriter View Post
    I didn't quite reach my goals on wip, but at least I did write a few more pages this past week. I also started some work on a new short story. I did manage to visit SYW and critique a few short stories. So the week wasn't a complete blowoff.

    My goal for this upcoming week is to finish the chapter I've been struggling with for quite some time.
    *sigh* More output. What's a girl to do?

    Right!

    More, Spooky. MORE. Haggis has RULES, people!

    So, do that again, only more so.
    Jeanne

    Action, Adventure, Romance & Humor
    Coming December 2017, Aliens Abroad -- Preorder NOW!

    --Click the covers to go to my website for details & more!


  25. #75
    I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch WPR Dominatrix JeanneTGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    7,667
    Quote Originally Posted by zahra View Post
    OK, right, so although i haven't done TOO much this weekend A) I ain't even done writing yet and B) I am writing after having been hit a whammy with the depression-stick (my bete-noire is in the public eye again, with her wide-mouthed, successful, leading-role, property-owning face hanging out) - so I count every word down as multiplied by roughly 100.

    S'there.

    How about you all?
    *Hands zarha the problem solver*
    Rev 'er up, remove all problems.

    Then get back to writing!
    Jeanne

    Action, Adventure, Romance & Humor
    Coming December 2017, Aliens Abroad -- Preorder NOW!

    --Click the covers to go to my website for details & more!


Page 3 of 454 FirstFirst 12345678913285378103253 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Custom Search