Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I love fountain pens myself. My old Parker was anabsolute joy to write with and I didn;t mind the cartridges at all. I once had a couple Flair-type "fountain pens" of a unique style and design that were fun to write with, but they've long-since stopped making them or I just can;t find any anywhere.

These days I write longhand using a good old #2 pencil (mechanical or otherwise). I love the old yellow #2 pencils, but I have to keep a sharpener handy at all times. I will not write with anything larger than a 0.5mm tip and a sharp "feel" to it.

There's also something uniquely satisfying about seeing the pencils whittled down to nubs slowly, but surely, as words get written on the paper.

Second draft is almost always and completely on the computer screen though.

The Scip

...walks this way.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thescip.blogspot.com
Reporting in after nearly 6 months off!!

I've had ALOT of personal stuff going on. And an exteremly stressful 6 months but I think things are actually starting to calm down a little bit.

I've written only a little bit in that time. But hopefully things are more settled and I can get back into a noraml writing routine. I really missed writing and I think it only made the bad things that were going on worse. Needless to say I am glad to have a little more time to write and glad to be back at the boards.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
On Christmas Day, I'll tell you all about the Ted's chow-down I had in your honor.

Now I'm looking forward to Christmas, Lily's gonna tell a story. :D

I love fountain pens myself. My old Parker was anabsolute joy to write with and I didn;t mind the cartridges at all. I once had a couple Flair-type "fountain pens" of a unique style and design that were fun to write with, but they've long-since stopped making them or I just can;t find any anywhere.

These days I write longhand using a good old #2 pencil (mechanical or otherwise). I love the old yellow #2 pencils, but I have to keep a sharpener handy at all times. I will not write with anything larger than a 0.5mm tip and a sharp "feel" to it.

There's also something uniquely satisfying about seeing the pencils whittled down to nubs slowly, but surely, as words get written on the paper.

Fots, you got me thinking back to those drippy old pens. I never came home from school without my fingers all blue, but when you pressed just right, it was definitely a lovely thing. These days, if I'm writing by hand (rarely,) I like those Bic ReAction gel pens. And now that I'm thinking, it's because they write so much like those old pens without the mess. But if you've tried them and didn't get the same feeling, I wonder if you've tried any art-supply stores. They should have them. But I don't like pencils because they smear. And I can't erase, I might want that word, LOL. Just line-outs and add-ins till the whole page is so filled and confusing it's near-impossible to plow through. Thank Gawd they invented computers. :D

Twisted

Apprentice Wordworker
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't hand write anything. I tired a few times, but my hand writing is so bad, that when I go to read over what I've just written, I can decipher it. ;)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I took notes in a class once that I couldn't decipher. Well, i could read most of them, but there was one line I never did figure out what I had meant to write. :idea:

Kitty

weeeeeeeee *thud*
Registered
Reaction score
Gettin' it in early 'cause I need a time out...It's been a shitty week for writing. Only managed to get about 3K down and my story's threatening to run away on its own. I did an edit yesterday so dunno if that counts but hopin' to have a sit down with the MC and see where his head's at :Huh:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I've got Haggis' present <lighting fuse and throwing stick> There ya' go, boy. Fetch!

:)

Oooo. Fetch. Fetch. I love to play fetch.

Here, hold this while I go fetch.

*hands FG a live grenade with the pin pulled*

*pretends to run after the burning stick*

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
He's more into bones, Greg. Did you see him last Halloween worrying-over and trying to drag around that leg bone?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
He's more into bones, Greg. Did you see him last Halloween worrying-over and trying to drag around that leg bone?

I remember that. It was so good.

cuteNipper.jpg

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Damn if someone's eyes are too big for their stomach... or their head for that matter!

Okay, chiming in for the weekly word count. Took this morning off but might still pull in a few words. For the week I got roughly 7300 putting my total up to 14500 for the story. I need to go back to my outline and make sure I've got stuff to cover for the next couple of weeks. I needz my road map!

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

ARE WE TALKING OFFICE SUPPLIES?! and if so, may I please join in? :) :) I'm a nut for fountain pens! And yes, the OLD #2s are the best...somewhere along the way they turned all waxy. Hate those.

Okay, just read post #1....I don't know what to say. I'm working on several things and they are as follows: (I hope I'm doing this right)

JUNE EVENING: completed ms back from betas, 4th round of revisions (currently at 120,000 words)

THE COFFIN DRESSER: under construction

And a garden variety of other small projects.

Last edited:

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are rubbing it in. I forgot my fake fountain pen so am struggling with this work-supplied ballpoint.

sorry. that sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.