Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
bsolah, Complicated? Oh, yeah... Full-on plot? You bet your sweet bippy...

It's so complicated and so full-on that I'm using Uncle Jim's index card outlining/plotting system to plot the details and keep 'em all straight (it's a great little system BTW). I'm not usually an outliner (most of the time I've just "gone with the flow" when writing), but in this case it's a blessing.

This is probably the most complicated thing I've ever tried to write and it's freaking killing me I don't have a lot of time to devote to the keyboard daily.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning hounds!

I hope everyone is writing well and I hope that the goals helping you soar.

I myself have written nothing but blogs this week. But I was just informed that the check for my second article is in the mail. (And I had a crazy dream that the short I subbed a while ago got back to me via email and said that I was in the running... too bad it was just a dream though :) ) And so I'm off to email and try to do other things...

Happy writing pups!
Hinny

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
what's a check?

is that like when somebody pays you?

I still get emails from this film society asking me to help promote their book, when they never have responded to my emails asking for payment. Let this be a lesson to all:

get a contract, first, then write.

Or else have large friends with baseball bats who don't mind breaking a few knees.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Hey folks, check this out,

http://www.mathstat.uottawa.ca/~rsmith/Zombies.pdf

A (in theory) scientific paper titled WHEN ZOMBIES ATTACK!: MATHEMATICAL
MODELLING OF AN OUTBREAK OF ZOMBIE
INFECTION

Of course, this does mean that my bad science fact article based on zombie population growth just got tossed right out the window... (I wrote it about 2 years ago).

Drat!

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Morning Hounds!!

Hope the writing fey has found you all well and happy.

I'm blogging like crazy to try and get the slew of thoughts out and to just try to make sense of the mess that has settled itself in my head over the past couple of months. I think that it is working bc last night I got 2 ideas for shorts and my MC has started coming back around. Yippee!!!

Now if I could only pull out a few more things rattling around inside, then maybe I will be able to turn those bloody thoughts into something of substance...

Happy Writing!
Hinny

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Goal: 1,000 words this week as I have most of my weekend free.

I found the words harder to come by this week, mainly because I didn't have a WIP to work towards in an immediate sense. Much of my week was spent editing my short story, and I really enjoyed this which is different as I've become to loathe editing.

But on the weekend, I did manage to write 1,431 words, which was the first draft for a short story that is meant to go in my new project, a collection called Capital Comes Dripping which I announced on my blog.

Goal this week: I'm aiming for another 1,000 words to whatever takes my fancy, as well as refining 'My Boss Sucks' to submit to Voiceworks and perhaps working on editing or outlining one of the stories planned for Capital Comes Dripping.

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
This week’s goals were:
• 4k new words (WIPs and shorts)
• 2 new poems

Actual Output
• 1,600 words added to WIP. The first two chapters are here.
• 23 new poems. 3 are posted here on AW:
Pedestal
Vast/Inconsolable - Weekly Prompt Poem
Two Weeks In Spring

I fell short on my WIP word count because the poetry muse grabbed and took hold of me in an iron grip. I am sorry, O Mighty Tigress.

This week’s goals:
• 2k new words (WIPs and shorts)
• 4 new poems

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Houndlings!!!

Damien -- that's amazing, keep up the great work.

My goal for last week (I believe) was 1000 words. Last night I pounded out 3k sadly I did it in one night, and if I would have done more during the week, I would have probably written more.

This week:
-- I would like to stick with my 1000 words, but I would also like to add more meat to my WIP so I would like to also add an extra 1k to my WIP...
I just hope I can focus enough to do more this week than I did last week :)

Great job for anyone whose completed their goals, keep trying for those of you who didn't. All that matters is that we keep writing, no matter how small or how little we do!

Happy writing!
Hinny

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The production in here is amazing. What, did our Tigress Tyrant send her personal whipping coaches to everyone's house last week?

Just kidding, Tigery Mistress! I love you and your whippings. Really. *ow*

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Work is nuts. I'm on the Big Rewrite Ending of the horror. Keep sharp implements away from me... unless there's a noob to dismember for the marinade.

If you like mistress, I can lure some over here for you. I've been told that some people think I'm nice and can be trusted... even with small children

(If they only knew, what I do with them... :e2teeth:)

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
My goal was to hit 1500 new words to existing wips and to work on edits from Roses.

:roll:

I added 763 words combined, spread between 2 wips.
My reading/editing people have been busy and haven't finished with Roses. Even if they had, I probably still wouldn't have made any progress on edits.

I'd blame my lack of productivity on my personal chaos, but that's getting to be a status quo - the personal chaos - so it doesn't really count as an excuse/reason any more.

Ok -- moving forward!

Goals for this week -- 1000 words to existing wips.

Status
Not open for further replies.