Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
nice *skirt* haggis :ROFL:

man, i thought I got nailed badly :D

... um, anyway, paying gig dominated this last week. Mucho words edited, but other than some blog entries little else. :D

goals:

WIPS and short stories when I finally get out from under the paying gig. :D

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you my Tigress Mistress. :D I'm digging the new Avvie, from everyone actually. Great choices everyone.

Boston nice kilt. Great legs ;), Shail you're crazy scary like always, and Haggis? What can I say? you look cute in everything. DL--you're totally hot :)

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
No... *RAWWWWW* I'm the thread killer *Swings big blade* I've come to kill the thread *Heavy blade knocks her off balance* *falls on her butt* Oops... (no one saw that right??) *grins sheepishly*

Idkwiaowiw

I'm late for life! Shoot.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, everyone. Let's see...goals for this coming week...

I just finished another rewrite of my book. So, as of today, it's time to revise.

Goal #1: Get 1/4 of the way into book
Goal #2: Revise two short stories (written last week)
Goal #3: Research more literary agents who actively seek new writer's
Goal #4: Revise two poems (written last week)

Well, that sounds easy enough. It's off to writing!

Idkwiaowiw

I'm late for life! Shoot.
Registered
Reaction score
HI idkwiaowiw (yeesh, hope I spelled that right :) ) I haven't met you yet, but welcome to the hounds. :D

Good luck with your writing and revising!

Hi! Yay, you did spell that right! Thank you very much for your support. I hope you meet your goals as well.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Morning Houndlings!

Well, I hope everyone had an enjoyable Monday and got something done even if it was just a little bit. :)

My yesterday was eh--but I did manage to meet my (own personal) deadline of getting my article out by midnight last night. It would have been 9 in the evening, but I had my husband helping me, with some minor revisions, (I just think he wanted to type on the computer to feel good :) ) so he started making the changes while I dictated them to him, and when I came back over to read what he had written, he knocked the plug out of the wall... and lost everything. He didn't save ANYTHING....

Honestly, he works with computers everyday...

enjoy the story, and remember to Save! Save!! SAVE!!!

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I only got 600 words this week.

So beat me long and beat me well...I let my obsession over that Walmart thingie (see my past few posts) take my writing time. So instead of writing or doing anything else to torment society, I wasted valuable time in the ritual abuse and debasement [abasement is, it seems, a plce you hide victims. My bad] of the most fragile of society's elements.

Therefore...as soon as I check to see if my friend put the link to DIGG from his Facebook account so his son can forward it to his friends in the dorms...

I promise, promise, promise I will do at least 1,000 words on one of my WIPS this week.

...unless Walmart tries to 'aplogeze at' me again...

Last edited:

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Jaycinth, That''s ritual abuse and debasement, thank you...

"You may now debase yourself before your god's idol," the guard said as we approached the ceremonial chamber.
"Huh," I said. What'd you say?"
"Ah," the guard said. He raised his pike to the business position with one hand. "You are obviously new converts." With the other hand he pulled a whistle from his tunic and blew a single tone. "You must debase yourselves before your god - or we will assist you."
"You and what army?" I said pulling the Luger from its concealment within my vest.
"That one," the guard said. He pointed his pike to one side, again with one muscle-bound arm.
I looked where he was pointing and the pistol in my hand suddenly felt very inadequate.
At least fifty guards were assembling on the other side of the temple's entryway.
The guard looked at me curiously. "We are very experienced at dealing with recalcitrant supplicants." He winked. "Now, we can do this the easy way and all you suffer is a slight bit of embarassment, or we can do it the hard way."
I counted the number of rounds I had in my extra clips quickly in my mind. I decided it wasn't nearly enough. What was a little embarassment in front of a thousand worshippers of the god K'liki'liki compared to being dragged before the altar as a sacrifice...

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth, That''s ritual abuse and debasement, thank you...

"You may now debase yourself before your god's idol," the guard said as we approached the ceremonial chamber.
"Huh," I said. What'd you say?"
"Ah," the guard said, readying his pike. "You are obviously new converts." He raised a whistle to his lips and blew a single tone. "You must debase yourselves before your god - or we will assist you."
"You and what army?" I said pulling the Luger from its concealment within my vest.
"That one," the guard said. He pointed his pike to one side.
I looked where he was pointing and the Luger suddenly felt very inadequate.
At least fifty guards were assembling on the other side of the temple's entryway.
The guard looked at me curiously. "We are very experienced at dealing with recalcitrant supplicants." He winked. "Now, we can do this the easy way and all you suffer is a slight bit of embarassment, or we can do it the hard way."
I counted the number of rounds I had in my extra clips quickly in my mind. I decided it wasn't nearly enough. What was a little embarassment in front of a thousand worshippers of the god K'liki'liki compared to being dragged before the altar as a sacrifice...

Ooooohhhhhh you said 'Luger'. That's hot.

and everyone can vote on this LOL

***tiptoes away to change that word...***

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Reporting in, late as usual.

-200 for the week. Editing, no new writing. Maybe next week.

I just wanted to tell you, DL, that avvy of yours? If you're commando underneath it's a kilt, if there are panties there, it's a skirt.
it's a kilt, then. I wear a lot of kilts. ;)

Mine's a kilt. :D Apparently it's a Hawaiian kilt, but it's a kilt nonetheless.
I loved the Hawaii 5...0 grass skirt Steve Lord thing. Very macho:)

Haggis,

You at least reported in...so 1 pushup for you and a sheep hoof to chew on.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Hi! Yay, you did spell that right! Thank you very much for your support. I hope you meet your goals as well.

Hi Idkwiaowiw,

Good to see you about. Any you want to know...just ask the undead pooch or PM me:)

You are going to like it around here, if you survive any number of the horror hounds trying to eat, flay, ignite, impale, stake, and or dissect you.

hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

I only got 600 words this week.

So beat me long and beat me well...I let my obsession over that Walmart thingie (see my past few posts) take my writing time. So instead of writing or doing anything else to torment society, I wasted valuable time in the ritual abuse and debasement [abasement is, it seems, a plce you hide victims. My bad]
of the most fragile of society's elements.

Therefore...as soon as I check to see if my friend put the link to DIGG from his Facebook account so his son can forward it to his friends in the dorms...

I promise, promise, promise I will do at least 1,000 words on one of my WIPS this week.

...unless Walmart tries to 'aplogeze at' me again...

Lady Jay,

Always good to see you around word count and goals awesome! You get 5 roundhouses and a monkey's butt to use them on.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

and btw walmart is an evil empire ran by hannah montana and evil space monkeys bent on world domination and cottage cheese tuesdays at the old folks home. My theory but it is gaining popularity amongst the truly paranoid---oh yeah and insane:)

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Hello, everyone. Let's see...goals for this coming week...

I just finished another rewrite of my book. So, as of today, it's time to revise.

Goal #1: Get 1/4 of the way into book
Goal #2: Revise two short stories (written last week)
Goal #3: Research more literary agents who actively seek new writer's
Goal #4: Revise two poems (written last week)

Well, that sounds easy enough. It's off to writing!

Idkwiaowiw,

Goals posted, excellent! Good luck with them. You get 10 roundhouses and a several sheep's toes (They are freshly cut, and just for you).

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I'm still slogging through edits/rewrites. No idea on word count because I'm continually deleting and adding.

Fun news for me: I won this week's FearNet "horror swag" giveaway over on Facebook. :hooray: The funner part is I have no idea what exactly will be arriving in the mail--except for a t-shirt (they needed my size). Free inspiration!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Thanks, Hinny! So since I bit the bullet and paid for a gym membership, I think Ill be wearing the horror shirt to sweat in. Should keep people away from me. Just the way I like it. I don't play well in groups. :e2teeth:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i don't play well with *others* period.

Though I find with groups it's easier to spook the herd and single out the one that's weak and ....

Well, you know. :e2teeth:

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:

You two crack me up!

And I find that anything strange and unusual tends to freak out the herd (they don't even usually try to figure out what it is... they just see it and get spooked)

I have done NOTHING, then some nothing... and followed it up with a big bowl of nothing...

Well, I blogged, but that's to clear the pipes. So I guess it's for me. Today I have some crits. And then I may just blog again. (Keep my brain fresh in case I need to outwit some hungry hounds ;))

Have a great day everyone and happy writing!!
Hinnyw

Last edited:

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Monday Report: My goal this week was a modest 500 words, and I was aiming to mainly just add more to the novella first draft.

But with my work computer broken and using one in a more discreet location, I pumped out a scene and set some momentum in motion. I took the day off on Wednesday and pumped out more words and yesterday, finished off the draft.

Last week, I wrote 4,940 words not including the 1,937 word outline of my new 'project' that includes an unfinished extended synopsis of my novella.

Goal: 1,000 words this week as I have most of my weekend free.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I had a goal to find and make sacred daily writing time --

Officially, from this past week to the end of the school year in the middle of May 2010, my Sunday night through Thursday writing time is from 9 - 10 pm.

Ms. Tiger gave me an additional goal of 500 words --

Total word count for the week is 2012. My Roses short first draft is finished and presently out for editing.

Goals for next week - 1500 new words to wips and to followup on whatever changes editing requires on Roses.

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
My goals were:
• 4k new words (WIPs and shorts)
• 2 new poems

Actual Output:
• 3,600 new words (WIPs and shorts)
• 8 new poems
Silence
The Sky in Mexico
Untitled - On Blog
And 5 others posted on a different poetry site
• Rejections 0
• Acceptances 1
Drift - Every Day Poets (no pub date yet)
• Submissions 2

For this week, my goals are the same:

• 4k new words (WIPs and shorts)
• 2 new poems

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.