FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Plus, you know, they were acquitted

Oh, certainly - after the star witnesses mysteriously died or disappeared while hiking across that sheep meadow during a weekend off.

And the judge had to be replaced because of a mysterious allergic reaction to a wool-lined sweater when he had specifically tried to buy a non-allergenic brand.

Then there was the bailiff and the court reporter who happened to end up dead after a terrible car crash through a fence and into another sheep meadow and a mauling from what could only have been a mountain lion or alligator.

I could go on, but you get the idea I'm sure...

<Hey, what happened to my brakes?>

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I keep thinking I should write a short about zombie teenagers, but the premise is so redundant. :tongue Especially in the morning, when I look at the two zombies living with me.

Meantime, I'm plugging away at typing up all my vacation longhand writing. the nose has met the grindstone.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Mistress!!

I'm sure you can think of a new twist on the zombies too... write it and see what comes it may shock you :)

Morning hounds! Hope writing is finding you well.
Have a great day!
Hinny

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Plus, you know, they were acquitted

Oh, certainly - after the star witnesses mysteriously died or disappeared ...

And the judge had to be replaced ....

Then there was the bailiff and the court reporter ....

<Hey, what happened to my brakes?>

:ROFL:

don't mess with the sheep :D

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning hounds!!!

Hope the writing is going well for all!!

Reporting in with 4k for yesterday. Brings me up to about 7000 for the week... today and tomorrow? Write write write some more!!! :D

Happy writing
Hinny!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
aren't you supposed to be ill, still?

you know, resting and all that?

not churning out short stories every week (and making me look bad?) :D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ok ok... before DL flambes me for being grumpy (academic over-speak will do that to a guy)

:partyguy: congrats kara, glad you're feeling better and the words are flowing again

Last edited:

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks boston...

I've been sitting on the couch for two weeks... I have to do something or I will turn out more crazy than I already am... and trust me no one will want that.

But thanks for the heart felt congratulations (even if it was bc of the thought of the mistresses wrath...:))

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Can I join 6700 posts in? I've been horrible about keeping up with my goals lately but in the last week I hit 12000 words on my current novel including skeleton writing the final scene and I submitted five shorts. :D

Love to have you join us, TT. :)

The Hounds are a motley crew and have cannibalistic tendencies, but they'll keep you working toward your goals.

Welcome.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
A newbie! Yay! Hinny, where's that new marinade you've been working on? I just picked all the garlic from my garden and it's ready to cook with!

Oh.

Um.

Welcome, tiny terror! :) Glad to have you. If the little undead doggie gets annoying, throw a Ted's hot dog at him and he'll get distracted.

Ignore any BBQ posts. Really. They're just a... writing exercise. Yes. An exercise.

So do you taste better with prefer wine or beer for your welcome BBQ? :e2teeth:

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
*prepares bbq pit for yet another of the Lily's masterpieces*

Morning all -- reporting in for the week --

I think my goal was like 1500. Actual output was 2325 on 2 shorts.

This week the kiddos start school (Thursday) and beginning tomorrow I'm going to start going to bed before 1 am (which is unfortunately my usual writing time) and getting up no later than 6:15 so I am able to actually get the littlelings to school on time and in one piece. Ugh. I'm just not a morning person.

Anyway, put me down for 2000.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Hell. I live in Hell.

ETA: RL-wise I finished everything on my list -- the littlelings have everything they need for school - bags are loaded and ready, uniforms are freshly washed, ironed, and hanging in closets, new shoes have all the tags cut off and are ready and waiting. The yard has been mown and the trimmings bagged. Laundry is all caught up, though I still have three baskets of folded things to put away. Last minute trip to the Dallas Aquarium went rather well - everyone had lots of fun, although... has anyone seen the movie Cars? Remember the minivans? "I have the GPS! Never need a map again!" as they wander through the desert?

Yeah... Except we were in downtown Dallas instead of Radiator Springs. Still a great aquarium and we stopped at an Olive Garden on the way home - had dinner in between lunch and dinner rushes so were taken care of very well, always a nice touch.

Last edited:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I interrupt this horror hounds thread to let you all know that the new nightmare has been posted. :)

carry on.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Mistress of Blood... I haven't perfected the marinade just yet... It should be done soon though. :)

Good afternoon Houndies!!!

Clocking in for the week with 8000 works, 2k over my goal, but I had to go back and erase three chapters and write them again... coming up with something better...

This week I just hope for 3000 getting back into the groove of things from a two week couch hiatus makes me wary... but that is my goal

Happy writing!!!
Hinny

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
Laurie, I can't wait until the kiddo goes back to school, then I can finally write more. I need a quiet house with no cartoons blaring or sharks eating the cat to spin my tales. School on Monday, 5K next week (I'll start small, I still have the big one at home to distract me).

Oh and... please heat the sauce up, it's such a shock when you take it directly from the fridge.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Hey TT, long time no see.

Hey I'm busy as heck, having worked Saturday.

Got in 700 words on 'Fireopal' so that brings me to 6,400. Management staff traveling so I should have a light work load (read this as 'coming to work at 9 and actually leaving at 5. PM. EDT')

I love you all as much as I'd love 100 screaming chainsaws dropping on a heard of zombies.

TTFN

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
My kids don't go back until the 26th. I'm pretty sure that after that, I'll be able to write and have a bit more output than I've had in the past month or so.

Goals were 2,000 words.

I got in a slim 3100 words, managed to line-by-line crit 80+ pages of a novel I'm beta reading and edited three of my own works.

Next week!

1500 words (yes, I know, but back to school shopping and football practice take time too) 3 submissions, 80 more novel pages betaed and 2 more short story edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.