Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I'm all for animal rights -- not the crazy ones though. And with the rabid raccoon I did call the police, the county sherriff, animal control and they all told me I was out of city limits. I finally got the number for the county game warden who informed me he was in the middle of the lake fishing and to "go git yer gun en shoot it."

CoffinHunter19

Hyperborean Wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
ahh, sweet country life. I grew up in Kentucky (not born there) and I can hear the banjo now...although it's nice not having city laws to abide by...sometimes....

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
When I was working at the Lab there were several occasions when we had to call Animal Control or the police down in Berkeley to come up and deal with situations involving animals near or around places people were (usually deer injured in deer vs vehicle accidents, but the occasional rattlesnake, raccoon, and mountain lion). If the animal was injured, dangerous, or rabid, invariably the solution was to shoot it if it could be located (we left the mountain lions alone though - monitoring the area and staying out of their way was considered the safest solution).

There was one occasion where we used a paint bucket to capture a rattlesnake in a parking lot. The animal control officer came up, saw the situation, and carefully moved the bucket over to the nearest grassy area where he released it.

With injured deer, the only solution was to shoot the animal (same with raccoons which were showing signs of rabid behavior).

We also had wild turkeys which could occasionally become rather aggressive (during mating season - the males can get very large and we had a couple people actually surrounded by these massive birds with outstretched wings and spurred feet).

CoffinHunter19

Hyperborean Wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! That sounds great! Ever had to deal with rabid opposums? I'm not kidding, those things can be very dangerous...unlike normal critters that play dead, rabid ones go nuts, biting and scratching...very dangerous. Don't mess with rabid wildlife (holds up left hand to reveal only two fingers left) *sniff*

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it is cool. And you have back up lights for black outs and stuff. You'll never believe how glad I was that my dad likes old fashioned stuff when we lost out electric over the winter.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Total word count 1193 - just about 800 shy of my goal.

RL - what can I say?

Revamping of the schedule this week and since I'm not sure how much time/energy I'll have for writing, I'm going to try for 1500 words total on existing projects.

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
These were my goals:
• Finish Ink edits
• Finish Ink edits
• Finish Ink edits
• Anything else the word machine inside my head wants to do will just be icing on the cake.

What I did:
Ink Edits:

Done and out to betas!
Ink Query:
Tightened up a bit more
Poetry:
Hope - Dog's Life Poetry Challenge
Drift
Subs:
1 Poem
3 simultaneous subs for The Depository

Goals for this week:
• Finish Ink query
• Finish Ink synopsis
• Work on my August prompt story
• Maybe jump back into Into the Grey

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Goal: 500 words this week.

After my failure to write anything last week, I dropped my goal down a notch.

This week, I surpassed that goal easily and wrote 1,555 words including a 1,300 word scene toward my novella All Fascists are Zombies!

This week I'm aiming again for 500 words. Me and Margo are heading to Sydney to visit friends and family on Friday night till next Wednesday so writing might be a little hard during those days.

I've also done a wrap-up on my July monthly goals and set news goal for August. You can read all about it on my ever-beautiful blog.

CoffinHunter19

Hyperborean Wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent Solah! I'm off to work for the day but plan on writing when I get home...I finished Dgrintalis prompt but it needs a little polishing (and anxious me went ahead and posted it anyway...oh well) Keep going dude! And my best to all!!

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Total word count 1193 - just about 800 shy of my goal.

RL - what can I say?

Revamping of the schedule this week and since I'm not sure how much time/energy I'll have for writing, I'm going to try for 1500 words total on existing projects.

Laurie,

Still a good word count! Good luck with your goal. RL likes to always get in the way. If we could only get paid for being creative and charming the world would be a better place...Hang in there. You get 12 pushups and a pair sheep's eyeballs. I hear they are best boiled.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Status
Not open for further replies.