Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
That's so bad that it's GOOD. I love it when a flash of inspriation turns into a wild fire of passion. (was that a little purple?)
Perhaps a tad purple, but lovely nonetheless. (Hey, I LIKE purple. Sometimes.)

Pike said:
I eeked out about 300 words on my WIP and re-subbed a story that I fouled up subbing the first time. Hopefully the editor is gracious enough to give it a go. He was decent enough to point out the mistake without calling me a flaming idiot.

Pike
Well done! And you are NOT a flaming idiot! None of MY darlings are anything less than perfection! And I'll hurt anyone who tries to say otherwise. (Without the love, I must add.)

:whip::whip::whip:

Now, get some more done. And stop staring at Haggis' Boobah.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think that's GREAT. The title alone would make me want to pick it up in book form. Go for it!

I don't think I have much choice in the matter, Jeanne. Pesky muse.

And thanks. I really liked that title, too. Thanks, William! :D

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I think my horror screenplay and I might have broken up last night...:flag:

Or at least we could be in for a trial separation, and if by a certain time it hasn't fallen in line and started behaving itself, well.....:cry: I don't want to do it, there was so much potential there, but I can't seem to make it work for the moment, and I am thinking about forming ties with other screenplays.

I wish I could say it will be an amicable split, but I foresee throwing of vases, weeping and gin, and worst of all, loss of self-esteem.

I am being comforted, as they say in the gossip colums, by a short and three other feature-length horrors.
:roll:

You deserve a reward for a breakup notice this inspired!

Now, go off and be fruitful and multiply with some of those other WIPs courting you!

Anthony Matias

Registered
Reaction score
I added a 300 hundred or so words to The Caregiver and posted it in Horror SYW. I've never written anything like it before and I shall soon see how it is, I hope.

The Scip

...walks this way.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thescip.blogspot.com
I am so bad. The flash piece I started last night? The Butcher of Milan?

Oh my God, I think it's going to be the start of yet another novel...

*headdesk*

:D

Same thing just happened to me, wrote my first ever drabble (because I can't write short) now I'm getting a much longer idea for it.

I posted the story in the flash fic SYW if anyone wants to look.

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
All right, Scip. Go with it, man.

I plugged out another 500 on the WIP but can't settle on how to actually start the piece. I've got all kinds of ideas of what happens afterwards but its that jumping off point that continually bedevils me. I'm just going to keep writing intros until i find one that bites my imagination.

Pike

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
slacker girl

slipped into edit mode. potential choices have been trimmmed to two. working on reworking both not sure which one. neither fits the mold of what i think they want but jeanne is right about the judge thing being subjective--I am going to go with the one that i like the best when i am done playing editor--but i am not here yet--just going w/ rewrites until it hits me.

totally unispired with my script. sometimes blows to the head can inspire?! or give one a concussion. :gone:

Gooch

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cinemafromage.com
Hi Folks, I've been bad :( I haven't written anything in over a week! Even the blog's been falling behind!

I attribute it to having two submissions hanging out there that keeps stretching out longer and longer with no response yet. The itch is starting up again though, so hopefully I'll get back at it soon.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
slipped into edit mode. potential choices have been trimmmed to two. working on reworking both not sure which one. neither fits the mold of what i think they want but jeanne is right about the judge thing being subjective--I am going to go with the one that i like the best when i am done playing editor--but i am not here yet--just going w/ rewrites until it hits me.

totally unispired with my script. sometimes blows to the head can inspire?! or give one a concussion. :gone:

Editing is also productive, DL. No worries! And good luck with the contest. I think it's the right decision to go with the one you like best, too. :)

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Cake::PartySmilLets be slackers and have a bday party for scip!
"If she shows up run for your life. ":scared:

I've got the brewskis....

more_rex_beer.jpg

Somebody bringing a cake? :D

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
OK, but when she gets here, I had no part in this.

:)
Geez...I like a good party just like the rest of the world. And besides, it's my beloved Scip's birthday. Of COURSE everyone gets to have a brewski and some cake and some fun.

And then, of course, everyone is expected to get their butts back into chairs and get some more output out!

So, Happy Bday to Scip! :partyguy:

And get back to work! :poke:

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
All right, Scip. Go with it, man.

I plugged out another 500 on the WIP but can't settle on how to actually start the piece. I've got all kinds of ideas of what happens afterwards but its that jumping off point that continually bedevils me. I'm just going to keep writing intros until i find one that bites my imagination.

Pike
Well done on the output, as well as the repeated attempts. It's all good and good for you, too.

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com

Extra whippies for the bolding...I like it when my darlings pay attention. AND editing is good. Editing COUNTS. It's a vital part of the writing process, and don't you forget it!
:whip::whip::whip::whip:

The Scip

...walks this way.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thescip.blogspot.com
Geez...I like a good party just like the rest of the world. And besides, it's my beloved Scip's birthday. Of COURSE everyone gets to have a brewski and some cake and some fun.

And then, of course, everyone is expected to get their butts back into chairs and get some more output out!

So, Happy Bday to Scip! :partyguy:

And get back to work! :poke:

In that case, where did the brewski's go?

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I added a 300 hundred or so words to The Caregiver and posted it in Horror SYW. I've never written anything like it before and I shall soon see how it is, I hope.
I'm going to spend some time in SYW, reading y'all's stuff! :) Then I'm editing my short, so that it doesn't have the budget of a small Eastern principality, and entering it in any passing competition. I am going to have it ready by Friday, as I've got Tues and Weds off work.

Status
Not open for further replies.