DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
...oh, yeah, we need to report progress soon, hey?

I didn't get much writing done on the weekend, spent a lot of it partying.

But a modest goal today is compile a list of markets that I want to target both Melbourne literary based ones and horror ones.

My little flag waving spider,

As a young once zealot flag waver myself...I wrote a lot when I partied. I have tons of poems and vigns written on the back of band flyers or bar napkins and the occasional phone number of some brunette. Writing is a passion. Do it while you are out and about. No excuses 500 words this week!

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
{{{Greg}}} and yay on getting right back on the horse!

Hinny, you shame me. :) Tigress Tyrant, I got in about 200 words last week.

Hi Lily,

At least you got a positive count. Keep at it. Try for 300+ this week. You can do it. 20 pushups for you and some chilled monkey brains.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Ah. That means I should be getting mine soon.

Report: 650 words and one sub. No rejections. No acceptances. Gonna try again for 1000 words this week plus a bunch of subbies. I've got too many sitting around and that ain't good.

Haggis,

good luck on the subs! Goals posted awesome.
17 pushups and a monkey ear.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Finishing up on the re-edit of 'Shivas Dance'. The last three chapters are bears...What idiot wrote that drivel? Fixy fixy.

Started organizing 'Four' so I could start posting word count. I think I reported I had about 14,000 words done on it last year. That was crap, most of it. Delete delete delete. I deleted a lot. There may be three or four thousand words I can use if they don't get too sassy-assed with me.

Started writing 'Legend of the Fire-Opal' for a friends' website. It is supposed to be a 'High Fantasy Romance'. (Yes. I know... Uh... I was really drunk at the time?) (I mean...I had to be ..right?) I've finished 1,400 of 40,000 words.

Of course you all realize, that when I get back to 'Four', there will be blood.
And I'm popping in now because if I want a day off for July 4th, I need to get 40 hours of stuff done in 4 days.

Iron studded maces, y'all!

Lady Jay,

Awesome job. Keep it up. 27 roundhouses and sheep guts for you.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
These were my goals:

Let's see, I behaved and stayed away from Ink. Well, the story anyway. I did make the second draft copy and put it in proper MS format, with title page and headers, etc.

I wrote just under 3,000 words in the new WIP. Working title is After. I wrote a few hundred in the Secret October rewrite project, but that one doesn't feel right at the moment, the new story does.

My short Dust was revised/edited and I've subbed it out to a couple of places already. :) I also subbed my poem Stained. I wrote the next bit of Icicle and put it on my blog and wrote another poem.

For this week, I am going to finish the book I'm beta reading, add a bit more to After, and maybe write the next installment of Icicle. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else is lingering in my mind, ready to come out to play. :)

Dg,

Good going. Awesome job.

20 pushups and a sheep's tail for you:)

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Good Morning, All!! Figured I'd better get back on the chain gang and tackle this writing thing. Great to see everyone still hitting the books. I'm going to be pushing for a 500 word minimum because I've been slacking something fierce. Okay, slacking is an understatement. I've discovered World Of Warcraft and I'm so hooked. I'm like a junkie with that damned game.

Anyway... I got in a 1k this morning, playing with intros and hating them all. Once I kick I should have some real progress.

Hey Kmcelhinney, I'm having the same kind of fun. My daughters finally kicked the pull-up habit and we're moving towards round 2. Oh whta fun it is to be a parrent!

Greetings Pike,

Good to see my favorite werewolf back! Keep cranking out the words.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
You guys have been very inspiring and thanks to the great feedback I got from @dgrintalis and @dgiharris, I heavily re-worked a WIP, slapped another 300+ words on it and shot it into SYW.

Fingers crossed I can keep up the momentum.

Gabriel,

Good luck on your pieces.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Do whipped cream and fresh raspberries go with chilled monkey brains? I'm in a summery dessert mood.

Ah... Mistress, you know the TRUE meaning of summer, :D We haven't had a BBQ for a little while huh? I can bring some chilled appendages, I have some stored in my freezer from last time.....Could we?

And can we even have fireworks?!?!?!

Good Morning hounds.

No writing yesterday, just edits and outlining. :) Today? A few more edits (Thanks Boston and Laurie for the help! The comments were great!), then I think I'm going to try to send out the Hazardous story. Then I have a great scene developing in my brain for Cinder, so along with that outline, I'll be writing. And Still yet--I have to Beta and my other outline, which I probably won't start until I am done with the CINDER one.

Good Luck! Happy Writing!
Hinny

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Hinny, an excellent idea! We'll celebrate American Independence Day with Noob shish-kebabs and appropriate fireworks. Someone call Gandalf and ask him to make the kind that turn into creatures. Vamps, weres, ghouls etc. Tigress Tyrant, perhaps you can lure a certain monkey or sheep into "volunteering" to launch into the night sky with several Roman Candles attached in appropriate places?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
sheep into "volunteering" to launch into the night sky with several Roman Candles attached in appropriate places?

:Wha:

no. besides, singed wool is *not* a pleasant smell. And it's been raining here, so it would likely be damp wool, adding to the unpleasantness.

ick

now, the monkey... he's already a space monkey. So from where I sit that's an easy choice.

Leukman

Pernicious...n'stuff.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm always serious.

:roll:

Leukman

Pernicious...n'stuff.
Registered
Reaction score
New magazines. I have a prescription.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Weird. Are you sure you want to talk about your pooping habits, and where you do your best work to the Good hounds of this thread? It may be the thing that scares the kids to scatter when you come around.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
we had all that "girl talk" yesterday and it didn't scare anyone off.

A little bathroom humor isn't all that unusual around here anyway. Especially with the monkey in residence. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.