Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, it's quiet around here again and I'm back in the saddle sitting at the PC but no sooner did I get here when my eyes demanded that I go take another little nap to catch up again. I should say I'm trying to get back in the saddle, but I guess my body needed some more down-time. Tomorrow then, and hopefully at least 2k. I'm going to try hard to do a Damien. LOL

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I'm not a father, but I've had 3 fathers (my biological, my grandfather who raised me, and my great-grandfather who mentored me). I haven't seen my dad, who's the only one still alive today (so far as I know), in over 20 years and have no idea where he is now.

However, I wish all my fathers a Happy Father's Day wherever they're at today! I'm raising a toast in their honor right now.

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
Okay, I am going to post my weekly progress now. I finished Ink, wrote 3 different synopses (2,500, 600 and 1,100 words, respectively), wrote a short (Dust), wrote a poem entitled Stained, added 200 words to the Secret October rewrite project and wrote almost 700 words in a new WIP, working title - After.

Oh and I've written about a page and a half of stuff to be added to Ink when I do my first round of edits. Most of it is expanded dialogue. I will not open the first draft yet, so I have this in a separate file.

Let's see, my main goal for this week is to stay out of Ink. ;)

Other goals:
1. Keep playing with SO and the new WIP and see which one really wants to be next. (I don't want to commit to any daily word count goals until I know that.)
2. Revisit/edit Dust.
3. Write the next installment of Icicle, a serial I started on my blog.
4. Welcome anything else the muse wants to send my way. I feel like there's a new poem dancing somewhere in the back of my mind.

Last edited:

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Wow. I am so impressed with you D.

My goal was 2000 on anything in progress

Actual progress this week totals at 6700, including my first steamy scene to land on paper.

:)

Goals for next week are 3000 - schedule changes abound next week, so I don't want to jump my goal up too much.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I fell short of my goals.

I found several places to submit both Source(surprise!) and Factor, but didn't submit anything.

Shiva:I love chapter 13, but only rewrote #14.

I wrote 600 words that I like enough to become the beginning of chapter 3, in Four. But I don't have a real word count on the entire thing because I'm too lazy to actually sit down and pull the whole thing together.

Sigh:::::::beat me.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Horror Hounds!

Great Job for everyone who got some writing done whether you got to your goals or not at least you tried :)

Did everyone have a good weekend? I hope so!

I did actually.

I met Joel McHale (for anyone who doesn't know he's on E! and hosts The Soup a funny smart show that makes fun of celebrities bc they are idiots.) I went to a fabulous Japanese restaurant and got pissed, on one glass of Plum wine (ah... I used to be able to drink people under the table... :D memories! ) And then yesterday I got another response back from the ezine editor, that I've been trying to get a position with. AND I'll be getting an interview with her in the first week of July!

Not only that, but even with my lack of NOT posting any goals I finished the week of at 2300 words! So all in all I had a good last three days of the week. :D

I will write this week again, although I think I'm going to keep my goal low, just because I never know when the winds of change will leave me and find another so I'll say 1000 words for the week and hope for 500 :)

Okay! Have a great day everyone!
Happy Writing!
Hinny

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Good job, Hinny. Remind me to have a drinking contest with you some day. :D

Well, I failed to reach my goal of 1000 words, but at least I got half way. One sub too. Got to kick some word butt this week, so I'm going to raise my goal to 2K.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I was going to post my abysmal goals and how I had failed to meet them...

And then I read Hinny's "Oh, i had no goals but still cranked out THOUSANDS of words" :wag:

... so since my weekend was lost to the road trip hell that is the Massachusetts interstate system, I'm going off to write more and report back in later today. :D

(oh, and *ONE* glass? :e2drunk: :ROFL:)

Last edited:

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
No writing lately, but I did complete half of a reading goal. I wanted to expand the list of fantasy books I've read. I'm halfway through a neat and unusual trilogy by Michael Stackpole called The Age of Discovery. He treats magic in an ususual way, which I like.

No goals forthcoming for the summer either. I'm only here right now by a fluke of fortune. My kid siblings are away.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hate to ask, seeing the kind of summer the above wolf with sharp pointy teeth is having so far...

But does reading count for goals?

Cause if so, I'm suddenly golden with the goals. :hooray:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and I've been busy today:

Seven articles in so ....

Wait...

WTF??? :Headbang:

Somewhere between before dinner and after dishes, I just lost an article. The draft I had saved completely disappeared. Vanished. Poof. Gone. :e2cry:

So... that will be seven articles today in about half an hour. Well, maybe longer. Think it's time for a TV and exercise break.

Also did manage to get a few hundred words in on the WIP. :e2writer:

Goals for next week: more WIP words, and earning money.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
No one ventured near my office for over two hours today. (Maybe because I was wearing tennies and not spikes??)

I wrote 1,000 words.

I guess I'm going to have to organize Four.

I think I'm going to abandon all pretense at Sci Fi and make this one 'Psycho-mind-cop'ulation set in outer space.

And... if I do not sell as 'some' genre soon, I shall re-write everything as erotica, and make my space captain a vampire and the aliens will be werewolves and...maybe the first mate will be a ghost and the engineer will be a demon banished to the human realm and...and... I can have fairies and ..and...and..UNICORNS..and....and...BWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

***Jaycinth runs off and cries***

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Please don't cry Jaycinth. I hate it when sociopaths cry.

And don't hit me. You forgot a couple. Invincible psycho killer ninja space zombies of doom, cuddly blue furred bunnies with the teeth of a sabertooth tiger and a desire to eat human flesh, and hunky male space pirates. Can't forget those.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. Sounds fun to me. The hunky space pirates can spice that up.

Only, can we have like, plain monchrome covers on these books? I have kids, and they'll read anything with funky art on the cover, regardless.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Okay, it's quiet around here again and I'm back in the saddle sitting at the PC but no sooner did I get here when my eyes demanded that I go take another little nap to catch up again. I should say I'm trying to get back in the saddle, but I guess my body needed some more down-time. Tomorrow then, and hopefully at least 2k. I'm going to try hard to do a Damien. LOL

Greetings Kerr,
Good to see you back in the fold again:) Keep us posted. Sheep harrassment is expected.

Okay, I am going to post my weekly progress now. I finished Ink, wrote 3 different synopses (2,500, 600 and 1,100 words, respectively), wrote a short (Dust), wrote a poem entitled Stained, added 200 words to the Secret October rewrite project and wrote almost 700 words in a new WIP, working title - After.

Oh and I've written about a page and a half of stuff to be added to Ink when I do my first round of edits. Most of it is expanded dialogue. I will not open the first draft yet, so I have this in a separate file.

Let's see, my main goal for this week is to stay out of Ink. ;)

Other goals:
1. Keep playing with SO and the new WIP and see which one really wants to be next. (I don't want to commit to any daily word count goals until I know that.)
2. Revisit/edit Dust.
3. Write the next installment of Icicle, a serial I started on my blog.
4. Welcome anything else the muse wants to send my way. I feel like there's a new poem dancing somewhere in the back of my mind.

Dg,

Keep it up! Good job. If you need inspiration ruff up a monkey or a sheep. It works for me. 20 roundhouses and a shin bone.

I fell short of my goals.

I found several places to submit both Source(surprise!) and Factor, but didn't submit anything.

Shiva:I love chapter 13, but only rewrote #14.

I wrote 600 words that I like enough to become the beginning of chapter 3, in Four. But I don't have a real word count on the entire thing because I'm too lazy to actually sit down and pull the whole thing together.

Sigh:::::::beat me.
:whip::whip::whip::whip: per request.

Lady Jay,

Hang in there. Keep pushing. On a side note can I beat a sheep instead?
20 roundhouse kicks for you and a human skull.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Good job, Hinny. Remind me to have a drinking contest with you some day. :D

Well, I failed to reach my goal of 1000 words, but at least I got half way. One sub too. Got to kick some word butt this week, so I'm going to raise my goal to 2K.

Haggis,

Keep pushing. Work hard. Don't kick yourself over that's my job. 500 words is better than none.

20 round houses for you and a sheep's neck.

Ready for my word count guys? Are you sure???

5300 words this week!! w00t!

Goal for next week, a modest 4000 words.

EF,

You get a gold star or a gold tooth or a golden fleece your choice?
i have gold spray paint:)
Awesome job for you 23 roundhouses and a femur!

I didn't get any writing done last week, not even a flash fiction piece on Friday.

I have been working on a new site design though. So that's something.

My lovely little flag waver where is your word count and your goals?
33 pushups for you and you only get a pinky toe.

Oh, and I've been busy today:

Seven articles in so ....

Wait...

WTF??? :Headbang:

Somewhere between before dinner and after dishes, I just lost an article. The draft I had saved completely disappeared. Vanished. Poof. Gone. :e2cry:

So... that will be seven articles today in about half an hour. Well, maybe longer. Think it's time for a TV and exercise break.

Also did manage to get a few hundred words in on the WIP. :e2writer:

Goals for next week: more WIP words, and earning money.

I hate to ask, seeing the kind of summer the above wolf with sharp pointy teeth is having so far...

But does reading count for goals?

Cause if so, I'm suddenly golden with the goals. :hooray:
Mutant Sheep---AKA--DS---AKA Boston,
Looks like you did pretty good on your output. But the goals thingy not so much. So 37 pushups and a goal of 500 words for you.

No one ventured near my office for over two hours today. (Maybe because I was wearing tennies and not spikes??)

I wrote 1,000 words.

I guess I'm going to have to organize Four.

I think I'm going to abandon all pretense at Sci Fi and make this one 'Psycho-mind-cop'ulation set in outer space.

And... if I do not sell as 'some' genre soon, I shall re-write everything as erotica, and make my space captain a vampire and the aliens will be werewolves and...maybe the first mate will be a ghost and the engineer will be a demon banished to the human realm and...and... I can have fairies and ..and...and..UNICORNS..and....and...BWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

***Jaycinth runs off and cries***

Lady Jay,

It sound interesting except for the part about the fairies...in general they kind of give me the creeps...not unlike alex p keaton or my mum. I'm sure it will come together for you hang in there!

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Status
Not open for further replies.