EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Hidey ho, Hounds. What's up?

Posted the first chapter of the bells in SYW, if anyone wants to have a read.

I'm submitting today. No two ways about it, I have three stories ready to go out (Well, I have more, but they aren't good enough to go out) and I'm not playing anymore. I'm not going to let myself beat me down. I'm going to submit them. I am.

(I need courage. Anyone have the cowardly lion's badge?)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
4 pages? I'll never catch up!

Let's see....

Blood. Death. Mayhem. Dismembering.

Math. *shudders*

Ewoks. *blame shail*

I think that about sums it all up. :D

Oh, almost forgot: virgins. And the unavailability (for sacrifice) or pointlessness (for drinks) of them, respectively.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Evil mistress isn't scary to me. I loves my evil mistress. She's nice and gives wolfie treats and BBQ'ed peoples.

speaking of which, I have a new BBQ recipe to try: Brown sugar, spices, and flavored oil. I'm thinking teenage boy ribs will be the perfect experiment.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Boston! No I'm not trying to shame you all into following suit, I am just impatient and if I get an idea in my head I have to do it. The voices make me. Simple as that. I can send them your way if you need a helping hand :D

Thanks everyone else too for the well wishes.

Fixed for you.
And thanks Shail :D

Lily as much as that sounds like a tasty tasty treat, are you sure you won't miss your son afterward? We can regurgitate him back up, but he might not ever be the same :)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Lily as much as that sounds like a tasty tasty treat, are you sure you won't miss your son afterward? We can regurgitate him back up, but he might not ever be the same :)

Keeping in mind the sensibilities of the male Horror Hounds, I shall simply say that even at age 48, I am still physically able to pop out another one.

However, yes, I would miss the brat. A friend said to give it another week and my homicidal urges should dissipate.

But we still need BBQ... Hmm. There's a wanker with a monster sense of entitlement on one of the other boards. I'll try to lure him into coming within range of my fangs...

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
Keeping in mind the sensibilities of the male Horror Hounds, I shall simply say that even at age 48, I am still physically able to pop out another one.

However, yes, I would miss the brat. A friend said to give it another week and my homicidal urges should dissipate.

Yeah, they worm their ways into your hearts, don't they?

But we still need BBQ... Hmm. There's a wanker with a monster sense of entitlement on one of the other boards. I'll try to lure him into coming within range of my fangs...

Oh, if it's the wanker I'm thinking of, yes, lure him in. He deserves a bite of reality!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

:Wha:

What sensibilities? Doesn't that somehow imply we're sensible to begin with? :D

Besides, childbirth wasn't the squickiest thing I ever saw.... a solid #2, but since I only ever witnessed it on film that's still pretty impressive.

Frankly, I have no idea why *anyone* goes through that and think the whole concept of "Brave New World" where we grow them in test tubes and/or something along the lines of hatching them would be much more pleasant. :D

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
That's a male for you. They don't grasp the concept of 'labor of love' if it involves pain.

Think of your first successful sale of a written piece. Think of the rejections as labor pains before the 'birth' of your work in print. That'll give you a clue as to why we do it. Think of your last kidney stone, and that will explain what it feels like for us to give birth.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Oh, oh, oh! Someone with a sense of entitlement? Tell me where and lemme' at 'em!

Please, please, please. Just take off the leash for a short time. Honest, I'll come back. Honest I will. Uh huh, uh huh. Please, please, please.

I haven't chewed anyone a new one for so long I think my teeth are getting a little loose.

<growl, snarl, whine, chew>

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you Greg. Lady Lily, release your dogs of war. We shall storm his fortress and take him alive, for to devour him squirming and begging for mercy! (And crying 'mommy!' as we chew him to bits):D

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
:Wha:

What sensibilities? Doesn't that somehow imply we're sensible to begin with? :D

Besides, childbirth wasn't the squickiest thing I ever saw.... a solid #2, but since I only ever witnessed it on film that's still pretty impressive.

Frankly, I have no idea why *anyone* goes through that and think the whole concept of "Brave New World" where we grow them in test tubes and/or something along the lines of hatching them would be much more pleasant. :D

Oh and I would be tickled to have a new person to BBQ... we haven't done that since I was BBQ'd I think it's time! :D

You only ever witnessed, seeing childbirth on FILM? Is that what you are saying?

And just because pregnancy sucks, doesn't mean I wouldn't go through it again to get my children. And even though I hated being pregnant. The labor pains were not the worst part of it by far.

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's a male for you. They don't grasp the concept of 'labor of love' if it involves pain. Think of your first successful sale of a written piece. Think of the rejections as labor pains before the 'birth' of your work in print. That'll give you a clue as to why we do it. Think of your last kidney stone, and that will explain what it feels like for us to give birth.

One, I don't like pain. :D I';m no stranger to it, and have suffered for things I enjoy, but seriously, if there was a way to do them without pain, why wouldn't I go that route??

Two, my first successful sale was to the first place I submitted it to. Not making that up. (Mind you, I've sold one piece in the intervening decade since then, fiction-wise anyway, but still that first one was like "what's all the fuss about?" :D)

Three, never had kidney stones. I drink too much coffee for that, I think. :Coffee:

So, um, what was your point again? :wag:

Last edited:

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Okay. Submissions done. Three in one day. I'm in serious need of drugs. It is not a good day. I'm jonesing bad enough that if I don't find something to do, I'm liable to go try and buy something. So, I'm here.

What are we talking about? Childbirth? Shiiiit. Easy as pie. I birthed all three of my kids with no anesthesia and didn't shed a tear. I wasn't happy, mind you, but I didn't cry. I have a high tolerance for pain.

It's bloody business though. It's not beautiful... it's bloody and icky.

Status
Not open for further replies.