Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, yesterday's goals, make those todays. Writing gets my undivided attention today, and finding a new market for 'Breath'

Hinny my dearest sissy, thank you so much for that linkie to duotrope. It's been so helpful!!!

So, word count, I'm not going to get too ambitious, say 4000, that's my goal. And lots of caffine later, you'll see me pinging off walls and spouting purple prose. Off to find the highest octane drink in the house. :D

Meh, Haggis, I saw your post about being scarce. No worry about it. You're doing important things. Family engagements are good things. Most of the time. Okay, writing now.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
:e2arms: for all the lovely Horror Hounds who like the dogwood story. It's nice to know I'm not the only bizarre person around here. *innocent look*

I Found IT! :D

Lily that story was amazing. I loved it! It was just the right amount of everything! Thanks for telling me about it! I probably should have been grossed out,(of course that may say something about my head) but I wasn't. It was great! I throughly enjoyed it. :D Nothing but smiles here.

Oh Shail no problemo haggis gave it to me first. I'm always happy to share. :)

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Lily that story was amazing. I loved it! It was just the right amount of everything! Thanks for telling me about it!

*evil, satisfied grin* Thank you, Hinny. You're so sweet.

Sorry I gave y'all the wrong title. I changed it up a bit for subbing. Made it a bit squickier, actually. :e2teeth:

This story was the one where I trashed all my internal censors. It's now become the line I won't cross again. It was good for my writing life to see where my boundaries lie.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. You mentioned that short of yours, and I had to go find it, Callalily. The only thing that comes to mind is 'raw'. Just plain 'raw', like a live wire. And I mean that in a good way.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, Hinny, now we need a nickname, like James and John in the Bible. They were called 'The Sons of Thunder'. What are we? The Horror Twins, the Daughters of Blood? :D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Since dgrin wants in, I think the Daughters of Blood will do nicely. Sounds like a horror-grunge rock group. I play recorder and flute--not scary enough, methinks.

I'll expand the subterranean crypt in the backyard so all y'all can fit. There are plenty of rabbits and possums if you get hungry. (We live one lot away from the woods.)

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
I want to be a minion, too!

Oooh, and I've written 438 words so far today. More than half my 800 word goal. I probably would have more written if I just stopped popping in here and on Facebook!

*cackle* Join us. We have cookies.

Same here. If I'd just quit playing with my cats I'd have more done.

Oooh. Daughters of Blood. You play recorder huh, oh Mistress of Evil? That's plenty scary. Pied Piper like. Mmmmm. Opposum. Tastes good with garlic and onions.

Last edited:

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Since dgrin wants in, I think the Daughters of Blood will do nicely. Sounds like a horror-grunge rock group. I play recorder and flute--not scary enough, methinks.

I'll expand the subterranean crypt in the backyard so all y'all can fit. There are plenty of rabbits and possums if you get hungry. (We live one lot away from the woods.)

*raises hand* I vote for Daughters of Blood. I used to be a graphic designer. I can make up the logo and then we can tattoo ourselves with in, and instead of using ink we can use blood! :D

This story was the one where I trashed all my internal censors. It's now become the line I won't cross again. It was good for my writing life to see where my boundaries lie.

I can totally understand that Lily, I have actually never been brave enough to keep my sickest stories, although I have written them down, when I reread them I am just like "HOLY CRAP" I get a little scared of what's inside my head too...

Thanks for the suggestions Greg! :)

Keep it up Drgin!

I have finished my editing and will commence my WIP as soon as dinner is over. For now I will reread what I wrote to get me back into the bloodsucking spirit. :D

Last edited:

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
I like Daughters of Blood. I'm a vegan so I will hide in the bushes and wait for stray humans. My veganism extends only to animal animals, not human animals, you see.

My poor MC. He's home from the tattoo shop and he peeked underneath the bandage...

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
My li'l 500 word prompt just breached 4000 words. It's a short now. I like EF collin's, and dgrin's idea of making it a novella, so I'll call this chapter 1.

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
But I really liked the Hors of Horror!

:ROFL:
:hat:

:roll:

I'll do a henna tat. I'm into body adornment that I can remove at night.

Unless Jared Padalecki wants to adorn my body... then he can stay on all night. :eek: Older women have the experience, younger men have the energy, right? (I'll be blushing if the hubs reads this over my shoulder tonight.)

Status
Not open for further replies.