Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll put on some Tangerine Dream and plug in my headphones to get into the zone.

Ahh... one of my favorites in the New Age section... I have quite a few of their albums, though mostly from the later part of their career.

What I like is that they've done the scores to a couple of creepy movies, like "The Keep" which was enough to give things that kind of odd vibe.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Hi guys. Who's around?

I'm spending my Friday night at home, with the footy on in the background and planning to write. It's mostly procrastination just now but I'm getting close. Really close I tell ya!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
It's Friday morning here in Bflo, bsolah. I'm eyeing my insanely strong coffee with lust as I sit here at work. Hoping to write this evening, as the kiddos will be out refereeing soccer tourneys. Just me, a laptop, and an MST3K DVD. Bliss. :D

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone! :e2coffee:

Hope the writing Fairy is good to all of you today! Good Luck! :)

I am going to try and concentrate on writing today. Yesterday I was so distracted I feel like I didn't do anything, but I have to get my butt into gear if I want to finish those chapters to complete my goal.

If anyone catches me slackin' off, I give you permission to force me back to work with physical violence. Or at least a good tongue lashing. :D

Here's hoping today will go better!
Happy Writing!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*adds extra rawhide thongs to tongue in preparation for Hinny's lashing*

(Um... that was a weird mental image even for me. Maybe I should watch a *nice* movie tonight.)

(Nah.)

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
I hear they exist. Perhaps an expedition to the wilds of a Blockbuster section other than Horror would unearth such things. :D

There are other things besides Horror! I knew that they had other movies there, but I was sure those were props to make the store look fuller than it really was--I didn't realize...

Thanks Lily for opening my eyes. :D

Still haven't started writing yet...I have to crack down...! I'm going right...Oooo...Look what's over there in the Exercises thread...I think I see something shiny...:)

Last edited:

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Ahh... one of my favorites in the New Age section... I have quite a few of their albums, though mostly from the later part of their career.

What I like is that they've done the scores to a couple of creepy movies, like "The Keep" which was enough to give things that kind of odd vibe.

I've ben hunting for the Keep! That's one of my favorites. THey did one for a Duvall movie called Sorcerer, which had nothing to do with magic but the music is so moody. But, if it ain't them then it's Vangelis and the Blade Runner soundtrack. Always sets me in the mood.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon all. Writing will commence for me soon. Goal today, finish WIP chapter that I've been rewriting for two weeks now. :rolleyes: In between house chores of course. Meh.

My music of choice: Disturbed. Yeah, I know I'm weird. I put it on real low. You'd be surprised how soothing it is.

An' yeah, Boston. We called you nuts politely. Shail's polite. Volcent 'snot'. I'm the arbiter between them when they can't get along. We still like ya though. Don't tease people we don't like. ;)

Oh, and Hinny! Get back to work girl! I'll tell that zombie pony to kick your rump!

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
It is 2:21 on Friday afternoon. I have to work tonight and then we are going to see the new X-men movie. w00t!!

I managed to write 1,100 words last night and I just finished a 700 word scene orchestrated to the song O Fortuna and it worked out perfectly. It is kind of scary when the puzzle pieces fall into place like that.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Not finished with the chapter, but 4K today. Progress. Yay. G'night all. See you on Monday.

Great Job Shail! Sorry I missed you today. :)

I'll tell that zombie pony to kick your rump!

NOOOOOO!!! The ooze...it's all tingly...

:D

Okay, so a little progress made on the chapter about 450 words, plus I started the May prompt, you might actually get something scary out of me this month DL--I'm kind of excited :) About a quarter of a way done with that, and I started something else, about 400 words, but I'm not entirely sure what it is yet. It's bizarre, but definitely not horror. O-well we shall see.

Back to the grind. Keep it up you scary puppies! See you later. :gone:

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
No one around to keep me company whilst I make another attempt at writing today.

I wrote 300 words last night but it was pure passive rubbish.
You write to write---don't be discouraged my little flag waiver. We all have our moments---so keep going--more output:e2teeth:

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Oh I just wrote. 500 awesome words. And I was still going.

Smashing the keyboard like I'd like to do to bosses when fucking Vista popped up to ask me to restart the computer in an instant. Without warning! I'd pressed enter to start a paragraph but my sluggish computer (Vista sucks up too much RAM) took it as me saying yes to restarting my computer, hence eating my story.

I want to destroy something now. I'm kinda pissed off. Gates is lucky he lives on the other side of the planet.

I swear it Autosaved but it recover it as far as I can see, maybe because it took it as me voluntarily shutting Word down or whatever instead of a crash.

Fuck you Vista. Fuck you Gates.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Ted, the writing fairy did come to me with a complaint. She said some knight with a skull's face made leud comments. She asked me to kill you and hang the pieces of your carcass in the four corners, but I explained to her that you were being appreciative of her beauty. She was flattered. So the hit's off. No problem. Always willing to mediate. ;)

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Help. Panic attack. I'm trying to work up the courage to submit 'Breath' but I'm paralyzed. Kick me. Please. Jam the submission form into my hands, force me to fill it out.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Help. Panic attack. I'm trying to work up the courage to submit 'Breath' but I'm paralyzed. Kick me. Please. Jam the submission form into my hands, force me to fill it out.

I'll go one better.

*pulls out gigantic knife - all sharp and shiny and stuff*

Now - submit! Or I start to cut.

Yeah - nothing like a little terror to cure a panic attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.