Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Yeah, First the undead doggie-thingie dipped the little 'uns in molten wax. Just to give 'em a good coating. Then he dipped the squirming little wigglies in molten porcelain. That shut 'em up and stopped all that annoying wriggling around.

Once they'd cooled and hardened, he chiseled a hole and stuck his feet in the warm, gooey stuff inside and began wiggling his toes.

"Ah, just like warm mud..."

<sound of evil laughter>

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
*head tilt* I thought you were a fan of ghosties, Haggis. You ought to know that violent deaths birth violent ghosts. Your slippers are going to kill you sooner or later. And I? I will laugh. ;)

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, seriousness now. I was researching markets for short fiction, but it's hard to get work done with the family home, so that's going to bed for now. Maybe play about with another short idea . . . meh. I need a pair of those sound canceling head phones to really focus in this place. :rant:

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Well, I've written this past week, but only the one short flash piece I put up in SYW. My pc crashed on me and I had to fix it... or rather, my husband had to fix it. He's the electronics handyman 'round here. I just use 'em and break 'em. He fixes my flub ups. :D

So, I wrote exactly 440 words this week.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Okay, results and goals:

Results: Alas, only about 300 words on the rewrite. Because I didn't make my stated goal of 500, I shall marinate myself in teriyaki sauce in preparation for Tigress Tyrant serving me up as hors d'oeuvres, as promised.

Goals: Can't say right now, because my agent gets back to the States tomorrow and I don't know what his edits will look like. *chews nails*

Hi Lily

It was soup BTW:D Well keep plugging girl. Don't let up. 30 pushups for you.

Don't chew your nails down---it will ruin the soup;)

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Last edited:

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Speaking of Resurrecting the Dead...what's up peeps?
Howdy and a welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I took a long (read:few months) hiatus due to frustration/burn out/day job stress/etc. etc. but have gotten back on the horse with goals and results both!

Just recently completed a 12k word prologue for a new novel length idea that I'm pretty thrilled with!

new goals:
2k words on a slasher movie essay by the weekend
500 words on a new short story idea I've been tossing about

Should be doable!

Gooch,

Good to see you checking in again i look forward to giving you kicks
hugs.

Hugs and pushups

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Are you sure you aren't one of my old girlfriends? They seemed to say stuff like that to me.
I thought I knew you;)

*forcefully restrains self from saying NC-17 things that would get me banninated*
*snicker* I never have that problem i am permantly 12.

Anyhow, I managed about 900 words last week plus a couple of story edits.

Next?

Haggis,

What was your goal again? 20 pushups for our fearless leader.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My goal for last week was 1000 words to bring my wip up to 9500.

Wip hasn't been touched since like Wednesday but it presently sits at 9900 and change.

Goal for the week is another 1000 to bring total to 10,900 and for an all around better week this than last.

Laurie,
Good job----a gold star for you and 30 roundhouses. Keep it up!

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I added another 1,600 new words to my Secret October edit/rewrite. I creeped myself out completely with what I wrote and gave myself a beauty of a nightmare, too.

I think last night was the first time I've woken up with that heart-pounding, this is not happening feeling, and thought "Yes!".

And I think I have finally decided that Secret October really is horror. I've been waffling back and forth about the genre. It's a bit thriller/suspense/urban fantasy, but I think it is predominantly a horror tale. (Um, I think.)

Hiya Dg,

Nice to have you reporting. 20 pushups for you and welcome aboard!!!!!

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
TRUE CONFESSIONS:

I’m not as back as I think I am.

Got totally distracted and forgot that ‘just come in to work for 30 min…’ usually means they slap chains and a shock collar on me for 6 hours.

Sounds like a date I had--once

(Note to all Mods…Mac is a fuzzy cream puff in bunny slippers compared to my organization)

In other words I figured an a hour at the most… and I’d be home writing.
I lied to myself.

To fracture a famous quote …”Beat me up, Scotty!”

Lady Jay,

I would look much better in a starfleet uniform than Scotty did---send me an email--i got pics;)

We are glad to have you around---but more output Lovely Lady Jay.

20 pushups for you.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well, I've written this past week, but only the one short flash piece I put up in SYW. My pc crashed on me and I had to fix it... or rather, my husband had to fix it. He's the electronics handyman 'round here. I just use 'em and break 'em. He fixes my flub ups. :D

So, I wrote exactly 440 words this week.

Hiya EF,

You have output---which some people round here don't and casually don't report their lack of output.

So 1 pushup for you---and you get to invite a horror hound of your choice for "dinner" at your house. I'll bring the BBQ sauce and the duct tape.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
While all of this demon and spiders talk is a lot of fun, I wish to post a goal for myself and for anyone who's interested in reading it. DL said something before about posting a word count, but I'm not sure how much I want to write so can I just say 3 chapters of my story, finish my one short and edit 2 others? Is that okay?

Hope so...wouldn't want to be BBQ'ed again...:D

~Hey Lily!~:hi:
Howdy Hinny,

Word count is better---but good job. 20 pushups for you.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Well, I barely met my goals. I made a spreadsheet of all the places I would like to submit something to, sorted them by rate of pay, re-sorted them by genre, re-sorted them by whether they take simultaneous subs or not, re-sorted them by which one I think I actually have a chance with, ranking them in order of "best chance" to "no chance in hell".

And in the process came up with an idea for a blog post (which I just cranked out like 10 minutes ago).

On the side--I also made notes and sketched out a few scenes on a new WIP (it even has ghosts in it!!)

This week's goals: finish polishing the short I want to sub and then actually send it out. (I intended to do this today, but…you know, life.)

And I'd like to get at least 500 words on the new ghost story while I have a good head of steam.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well, I barely met my goals. I made a spreadsheet of all the places I would like to submit something to, sorted them by rate of pay, re-sorted them by genre, re-sorted them by whether they take simultaneous subs or not, re-sorted them by which one I think I actually have a chance with, ranking them in order of "best chance" to "no chance in hell".

And in the process came up with an idea for a blog post (which I just cranked out like 10 minutes ago).

On the side--I also made notes and sketched out a few scenes on a new WIP (it even has ghosts in it!!)

This week's goals: finish polishing the short I want to sub and then actually send it out. (I intended to do this today, but…you know, life.)

And I'd like to get at least 500 words on the new ghost story while I have a good head of steam.

Greetings Soap,

Good job on the output. Excellent with posting the goals. 20 roundhouses for you and a brownie.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Haggis,

What was your goal again?

I think it was 1000 words, mistress, meaning I missed it again. Actually, on a recount, I totaled 925, so I didn't miss it by much, but at least I did a couple of crits too.

I know, I know, I have more to do.

As far as next week, I'm going to limit my goal to 500, 'cause I have many more crits to do and I want to get a few things subbed. Searching for the right place to sub takes an inordinate amount of time--especially now, with so many places closed or temporarily closed.

So let me add another goal. Three subs.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I think it was 1000 words, mistress, meaning I missed it again. Actually, on a recount, I totaled 925, so I didn't miss it by much, but at least I did a couple of crits too.

I know, I know, I have more to do.

As far as next week, I'm going to limit my goal to 500, 'cause I have many more crits to do and I want to get a few things subbed. Searching for the right place to sub takes an inordinate amount of time--especially now, with so many places closed or temporarily closed.

So let me add another goal. Three subs.
Solid goals---now back to work I say:whip::whip::whip:
that goes for everybody. We need more output.

Hugs and push ups,

Tigress Tyrant

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Yay. 4K. Not a big accomplishment, but progress.

Still struggling with the subs. Grumpy about that. Mrph.

Still plugging, an' practicing with my newly cut horror teeth. The ache goes away after a while, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.