DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Her Majestic (and Apparently Hungry) Tigeriness said, *sits quietly with her bib on, plastic fork and paper plate*

We don't need no steenking bibs, forks, or plates. We eats it as raw as we can safely get away with in polite society.

If it bleeds, it's meat.

Honestly, I've been known to chow down on raw liver, cold and straight out of the packaging (it tastes sweet to me). My steak has to be bleeding when I cut into it (with claw or knife). Too much cooking causes me intestinal problems even swallowing the stuff.

I have this vision of a tiger sitting upright with a bib on and a knife and fork clutched in each paw.
:ROFL:

i'm full and ready for a nap:)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Her Majestic (and Apparently Hungry) Tigeriness said, *sits quietly with her bib on, plastic fork and paper plate*

We don't need no steenking bibs, forks, or plates. We eats it as raw as we can safely get away with in polite society.

If it bleeds, it's meat.

Honestly, I've been known to chow down on raw liver, cold and straight out of the packaging (it tastes sweet to me). My steak has to be bleeding when I cut into it (with claw or knife). Too much cooking causes me intestinal problems even swallowing the stuff.

I have this vision of a tiger sitting upright with a bib on and a knife and fork clutched in each paw.

*lights a cigarette.... exhales...*

Was it good for you?

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I've decided to post a goal, I need to rewrite the query for my book, after some critiques I have realized my query was way too vague. So I'm giving myself a goal to write two good queries with insane hooks...wish me luck!

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Yesterday was very productive for me. I got about 16 pages of summary done.

In my snowflake method of novel writing, I'm at the stage where I take each scene that was put into the spreadsheet and turn it into two pages. However, I found that I'm turning it into four. And I must say, things are going smoothly.

My first novel, Werewolf Blues: The Early Recordings, turned into a novelized version of the show Lost. Not too exciting, weak characters and lots of pondering. I think even the characters got bored and were looking at me through the pages, waiting for me to do something. So, to avoid that mess again, I'm taking this route.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Okay, so I finished up 2300 words for the opening scene and now I'm going to tear it a knew one so that it almost sounds decent. Almost.

Pike,

Awesome to see my favorite werewolf back. 30 roundhouses 'cause it looked like you need them. And a big more output:)

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Happy to report chapter 2 draft finished and 3 good queries on the completed WIP out the door. Oh yeah, did my pushups too. For this week: no writing goal, must refinish some floors.

Richard,

No goal? You have to have a goal---at least a 100 words any topic. But gold star for doing your pushups:) More output I say.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

In my snowflake method of novel writing, I'm at the stage where I take each scene that was put into the spreadsheet and turn it into two pages. However, I found that I'm turning it into four. And I must say, things are going smoothly.

My first novel, Werewolf Blues: The Early Recordings, turned into a novelized version of the show Lost. Not too exciting, weak characters and lots of pondering. I think even the characters got bored and were looking at me through the pages, waiting for me to do something. So, to avoid that mess again, I'm taking this route.

Ted that is awesome. Keep up the good work.:)

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Her Magnificent, Satisfied & Well-Fed Purriness seems in a better mood - for now at least. I'll just tippy-toe around her and whisper to Haggis...

Pssst! Haggis. Not so loud. You'll wake her.

(She's standing behind me, huh?)

Just finished a nearly-500 word research paper for a friend of mine who didn't have time to write it (yeah, I'll get paid for it, but I only charged him half price plus the cost of the research materials - that means about $50 - I almost feel bad about that, but the research required several hours, $25 for the magazines (Holy frak! Magazines are expensive), and I had to retype the paper twice as my power went out before I was able to save another version).

Paid writing gigs are always good, of course - and I can do research in my sleep (along with spreadsheets - yeah, I'm a freak).

Now, on to the finish line for TLOAOT and then the next episode in Quentin Dallas' life (this one involves a banshee) and the horror short "Kuru" (plus the deadlines all over the frakkin' place that are poppin' up).

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I love you psychopathic purveyors of twisted gibbering madness. I really do.

I gotta stop fooling with business plans and come back to reality.

TTFN

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I love you psychopathic purveyors of twisted gibbering madness. I really do.

I gotta stop fooling with business plans and come back to reality.

TTFN

Indeed you do. And I have some challenge stories to read.

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
I had a very long, useless day today and did a big fat NOTHING on any story, novel or novella that needs my attention. Instead, I was at a friend's house all day. She's pregnant and I was helping her with her other two kids. (A 2 & 3 year old) They're great kids, but now my head is killing me. I just took some Ibuprofen, so maybe it'll ease up some and I can concentrate.

Goal for tonight: a single paragraph.

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com

Ya gotta love them Lycans!! Everyone knows I do. So if they're starting to look for something to do, throw a supernatural Dog Catcher at them to get them off their hairy butts. (so to speak, hehehehehe). Have to say I like the title a lot.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
easter + taxes + technical problems that weren't my fault = nothing to show for it

except some blog entries. and two middling to nigh insignificant articles before the work site stalled -didn't crash, just stalled.

And that challenge story is taunting me in it's incompleteness....

However, and maybe this was last month's and I missed it? - but an idea for a future challenge to me would seem to be something pet related. Killer goldfish or marauding hamsters or something...

I mention this only because I have a dog-themed short I want to finish and could use the prodding.

Goals this week - something on a WIP. Any WIP, so long as it's decent output - which for me means 600 - 1000 words.

Plus the usual stuff of paying articles and blog entries and miscellaneous other writerly doings.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I;m spreading them out by doing a little each day... but the little is going up incrementally.

In a month or so I may actually be into double digits. :ROFL:

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I was talking with a friend of mine tonight (voracious reader friend) who asked how my story was coming so I gave her a brief rundown with the result of dead silence then "that sounds pretty good. Sick, but good. In a sick way"

And nothing sick has really happened yet :D

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Good Luck EF!

I had a very long, useless day today and did a big fat NOTHING on any story, novel or novella that needs my attention. Instead, I was at a friend's house all day. She's pregnant and I was helping her with her other two kids. (A 2 & 3 year old) They're great kids, but now my head is killing me. I just took some Ibuprofen, so maybe it'll ease up some and I can concentrate.

Goal for tonight: a single paragraph.

I got to do one rough query! So I'm kinda good.

I was talking with a friend of mine tonight (voracious reader friend) who asked how my story was coming so I gave her a brief rundown with the result of dead silence then "that sounds pretty good. Sick, but good. In a sick way"

And nothing sick has really happened yet

I think that when you're writing horror, that's always a good sign!

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I get that a lot. Only without the "sounds good" part.

Mostly people just tell me I'm sick. Especially when it comes to my sense of humor. :D

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I was going to make my werewolves sparkle, but that's already been taken. One thing I've learned from reading J.K. Rowling is how to finish a novel properly. That woman knows how to make the reader turn pages. My first book had nothing of the sort and that's how I knew it was a POS. My current project, Oozing Love, will have an ending that is fast-paced enough to keep the reader interested. The outlining process has helped me oh so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.