Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
A little boy in preschool decided my girl was to be his girlfriend - he had his older sister write love notes for him and gave her the toys from his kids meals. It was kind of cute. By kindergarten, it was over and boys have gotten more disgusting ever since.

My son on the other hand had to be consoled several times in preschool - he'd be in tears 10 minutes into the drive home because some little girl who'd been his girlfriend all week had decided to be someone else's girlfriend. He'd sob the whole way to school the next day about how awful school was going to be without a girlfriend. Never failed that when I'd pick him up, he'd be all smiles and would have a new girlfriend. Now that we're in kindergarten, girls are just friends.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
None of my boys have broken bones yet... and the only stitches my kids have had have been on my daughter! One from a dog bite on her face (17 stitches) and the other (8 stitches) from her older brother shoving her down on a rock outside.

Ouch! I got mine from my own stupidity...trying to surf down metal flashing. Amazing how it was able to slice my foot so deeply and cleanly, lol. Girls sure aren't immune, yep. :D

The one of mine that had the broken arm is a daredevil...I was just surprised it hadn't happened sooner. He's a sight more careful, now, thanks to that very hard lesson...

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Laurie, My youngest has had the same girlfriend since preschool, lol. My oldest has had several (he's nine... the oldest girl was 12... he gets the older women lol) and my daughter goes through boyfriends like crazy.

Needless to say, my life is a nightmare... not to mention the constant scuffles on myspace and text messages and... just GAH!!!!

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Ouch! I got mine from my own stupidity...trying to surf down metal flashing. Amazing how it was able to slice my foot so deeply and cleanly, lol. Girls sure aren't immune, yep. :D

The one of mine that had the broken arm is a daredevil...I was just surprised it hadn't happened sooner. He's a sight more careful, now, thanks to that very hard lesson...

My boys are daredevils, they have just been lucky so far.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Having been one, I'll be the first to admit that boys are scum, but from what I can recall when I was young, girls had cooties. When did y'all manage to get rid of them?

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I'm not sure how we've managed to avoid the ER - my son is stuntman in training. Some of his best work includes
- when he was not quite 2 I caught him hanging by his fingertips to the windowsill. The rest of him was hanging outside (he'd pushed the screen out) and he was laughing his head off.
- same age, he opened the cupboards and used the shelves as a ladder to get onto the counter top to reach the peanut butter, then climbed back down and brought me the PB with a knife and the loaf of bread.
- Age 3, he fell backward off the top of my husbands "big man" recliner - he'd tried standing up up there.
- Age 4, we got a new swingset. In less that 5 minutes he was hanging from the support bar at the very top.
- In December (age 5) his kindergarten teacher told us in horrified tones how she caught him jumping off the top of the urinal in the bathroom. The other boys told her he climbed up there and stood up. I've never seen the little boys bathroom, but she gestured eyeball level when telling us this.
- He's been 6 for 4 months now, I'm waiting for disaster to strike still.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Having been one, I'll be the first to admit that boys are scum, but from what I can recall when I was young, girls had cooties. When did y'all manage to get rid of them?

'Round about middle school, I think. :D My boys see girls as boys, just with longer hair and the occasional inexplicable urge to wear dresses, lol. That said, my first grader tells me he won't sit with the girls at lunch, because they talk about boring stuff, and all the boys talk about cool toys. :ROFL:

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure how we've managed to avoid the ER - my son is stuntman in training. Some of his best work includes
- when he was not quite 2 I caught him hanging by his fingertips to the windowsill. The rest of him was hanging outside (he'd pushed the screen out) and he was laughing his head off.
- same age, he opened the cupboards and used the shelves as a ladder to get onto the counter top to reach the peanut butter, then climbed back down and brought me the PB with a knife and the loaf of bread.
- Age 3, he fell backward off the top of my husbands "big man" recliner - he'd tried standing up up there.
- Age 4, we got a new swingset. In less that 5 minutes he was hanging from the support bar at the very top.
- In December (age 5) his kindergarten teacher told us in horrified tones how she caught him jumping off the top of the urinal in the bathroom. The other boys told her he climbed up there and stood up. I've never seen the little boys bathroom, but she gestured eyeball level when telling us this.
- He's been 6 for 4 months now, I'm waiting for disaster to strike still.

My daredevil has done very similar things. :D You'd think when he jumped from the top of a closet shelf to the bed and hit his shin, he'd have learned. He was rolling around on the floor, grabbing his shin and yelling, "My leg is broken, it's broken, AAAAAAH!" and it wasn't.

When he broke his arm, he barely made a sound and hardly cried. He wasn't pleased with the color of his cast, though, and managed to wiggle it off, completely intact, two weeks later, so that he could get one with a color he liked.

Ah, boys. He may live yet, Laurie. :D

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Laurie, My youngest has had the same girlfriend since preschool, lol. My oldest has had several (he's nine... the oldest girl was 12... he gets the older women lol) and my daughter goes through boyfriends like crazy.

Needless to say, my life is a nightmare... not to mention the constant scuffles on myspace and text messages and... just GAH!!!!

Gah! My girl's drama without a boyfriend is knee deep most days *seriously considers methods of keeping her at 9 or 10*

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
My daredevil has done very similar things. :D You'd think when he jumped from the top of a closet shelf to the bed and hit his shin, he'd have learned. He was rolling around on the floor, grabbing his shin and yelling, "My leg is broken, it's broken, AAAAAAH!" and it wasn't.

When he broke his arm, he barely made a sound and hardly cried. He wasn't pleased with the color of his cast, though, and managed to wiggle it off, completely intact, two weeks later, so that he could get one with a color he liked.

Ah, boys. He may live yet, Laurie. :D

I can see this being something my boy would try - both the closet shelf leap and the cast wiggle. :rolleyes:

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Gah! My girl's drama without a boyfriend is knee deep most days *seriously considers methods of keeping her at 9 or 10*

I've considered a convent... or a small brick room with many many locks that only I have the keys to...

The thing about having boys is you only have to worry about their and your husband's pricks... with girls you have to worry about ALL of them in the world...

*sigh*

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I don;t worry about my girl dating...

I'm just going to bulk up and answer the door with a ballbat. :D

Nuh-uh. You're supposed to be sitting there cleaning your weapon.

Didn't you get the memo?

eta: I actually scared my oldest daughter's first prospective boyfriend away. As it turned out, he got a girl pregnant a couple of years later (he was about 17), ran off and joined the navy. Hooray for me.

Last edited:

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I don;t worry about my girl dating...

I'm just going to bulk up and answer the door with a ballbat. :D

I don't see it being a huge problem - hubs is 6'3", 200 pounds with a gun collection he already plans to have out and "cleaning" when her future boyfriends arrive and her brother, though 3 years younger, is very protective of his sister and loves to give her hell. I can see him harrasing her boyfriends just to piss her off.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
in all seriousness - my plan is to raise her to be as sensible as I can, trust her judgement, and perform extensive background checks via whatever means necessary on all her potential boyfriends.

Not above invoking a few demons to deal with the ones who break her heart, either.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Not above invoking a few demons to deal with the ones who break her heart, either.

I'm available most week days, and sometimes on Saterday evenings. Sunday's a holy day, and as I haven't passed my desecration tests yet I'm not allowed to do anything on holy ground or sacred days. I have a business line and an emergency number also. Just ask for Wolfspit. They'll know what you mean. ;)

Heh. Nobody around today. Am I the only one stuck at home pre-cooking Easter/Oester dinner for tomorrow?

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
in all seriousness - my plan is to raise her to be as sensible as I can, trust her judgement, and perform extensive background checks via whatever means necessary on all her potential boyfriends.

What an awesome dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.