Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm three parts German and one part Scotch-Irish.

I demand a refund!!

:Wha:

You got robbed. One part Irish, one part Scots, one part German. I get buzzed fast but it's a long, long ways to drunk and barfing.

Case in point: I had to endure a full-fledged Catholic wedding with 7 - count 'em 7 - groomsmen/bridesmaids in hick town BFE Pennsylvania. None of the bridesmaids were particularly pretty, I was stuck as one of the groomsmen, it was the typical "Stand-sit-kneel repeat" Catholic service, the trombone soloist played all *four* verses of the song instead of just one, we spent hours tromping through corn fields in a rented tux bcs the bride just had to have certain pictures...

and given all that incentive, I still woke up fine the next morning despite copious amounts of alcohol (including some very nasty peach schnapps shots that someone had to finish and there were only about three of us actively drinking at this thing). :D

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Scots-English mainly with a wee bit o' Welsh-German on my end.

I can drink Scotch, but not Tequila, Jack Daniels, but not Yukon. Vodka and other clear liquors rarely even come close to fazing me, but anything darker than rum and I'm in the gutter when I wake up in the morning wondering "Where am I? Why's the sky so bright? What's with all the traffic? Where are my pants?"

:poke:

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is so NOT FAIR. :roll:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Heh...I'm half Irish/half Dutch. I'm cold-hearted jerk who can write well about it and maybe write a limmerick or two about it when I'm drunk--which is rare. I stopped drinking 14 years ago when my liver waved a white flag.

Besides, things got bad. And I don't care if it is my monkey, I don't have to feed it.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Bush meat! I've heard it's major Noms! Speaking of which, I'm going to use the phrase "nom nom nom" a lot. I mean, too much. It's trendy and if I overuse it, the trend will end that much quicker. I'm thrilled we no longer use the phrase "grub", as in, "dis is where we grub." I'm shuddering now.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Mostly Canadian French-smidge of German-smaller smidge of NE American Indian.

As long as I avoid tequilla shots, I just get sillier the more I drink. Too many tequilla shots and I get really, really, really mad really, really easily.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
I am Lithuanian, with a little French and American Indian mixed in. Not sure of my full family bio---(long story) I have a german last name but is not mine thru blood relations.

I don't drink but when I did---I more than held my own. I guess it might be a matter of genetics---my dad was the same way.

Last edited:

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Unless you actually *are* Russian (or Irish, or German, or some combination therein) and have the genetics for it, you're generally supposed to stop drinking them *before* you get to that point. :D
Ah. I see we've turned this into a genealogy thread.

Well, okay. I'm three quarters Chihuahua and one quarter Pit Bull. Bad attitude and strong jaws all rolled up into one pretty package. :)

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Cats are horrid creatures. I'm sorry, but that's just the truth. When they do decide to be petted, they always stick their butt in your face. The only emotions they show are pissy, grumpy, bitchy and needy-as-hell. Cats are the only animals I have seen be co-dependent. Why anybody would domesticate such an animal is beyond me. I'm willing to bet that if somebody did a study, they would find far more horror stories about cats than dogs. I'd rant some more but somebody is at the door and I need to bark at them before I sniff their crotch. Woof!

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
When my kids were little, we had a Pet Sematary in the front yard. :e2teeth:

Mine is a good distance from my house. ;) Pets buried on the other side of the garage... which is about two acres away. (It's just for storage). Except for Rosie the iguana. She's buried beneath my corkscrew willow tree.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Cats are horrid creatures. I'm sorry, but that's just the truth. When they do decide to be petted, they always stick their butt in your face. The only emotions they show are pissy, grumpy, bitchy and needy-as-hell. Cats are the only animals I have seen be co-dependent. Why anybody would domesticate such an animal is beyond me. I'm willing to bet that if somebody did a study, they would find far more horror stories about cats than dogs. I'd rant some more but somebody is at the door and I need to bark at them before I sniff their crotch. Woof!

:ROFL:

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Cats are very, ah, finicky creatures. They are definitely not as attuned to human social cues as dogs are because they haven't been around us and our families for more than a few thousand years (compared to dogs which have been part of our family for at least 50 thousand years).

Dogs are much more socially attuned to humans, even on a non-verbal level, than cats are likely to ever be. Dogs are more socially attuned and sensitive to human social cues than even chimpanzees, which are much more closely related to us genetically and therefore ought to be able to pick up on verbal and non-verbal social cues much more easily. That is not the case, however. Chimps, even chimps that have been socialized for years and been around humans all that time, still have a hard time learning human social cues. Dogs seem to know almost from puppydom how to please us and react to us. The relationship between humans and dogs is so close that dog DNA has been incorporated into human DNA and vice versa (extremely sensitive DNA tests can detect the non-operating portions of the DNA in both species that match the other).

That being said, I've had 2 cats in my lifetime (and I'm a dog person - 2 dogs currently; a Husky/Australian Cattle Dog mix running 85 lbs (14 years old) & a Lab/Rottweiler mix running about 80 lbs (10 or 12 years old)) that were worth having. One was a gray Persian named Smokie (Vicious to everyone, but I knew his secret name) and a tiger named, appropriately, Tiger. Those cats adored me for some reason and I adored them back. They were both very much "a man's cat".

My Husky/Aussie Cowdog mix kills cats if he can catch them (never been able to break him of that).

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Cats are horrid creatures. I'm sorry, but that's just the truth. When they do decide to be petted, they always stick their butt in your face. The only emotions they show are pissy, grumpy, bitchy and needy-as-hell.

Rabbits are worse. They look all cute and cuddly, they have those syrupy sweet eyes and that twitchy little nose, and their soft and fluffy pelts. They lure you into false security because 'it's only a bunny' and then chomp! Cutie little fluff ball comes tearing out from under a chair and rips the flesh from your bare feet with its teeth. They crap everywhere, and if you venture to hold the little bugger, it pisses in your lap. Not to mention that when rabbits shed they shed buckets of horrid fluffy fur that gets everywhere. My rabbit has been dead for four years and we're still finding her hair everywhere. I'll take my bitchy cats, thanks. At least they're not psychotic kamakazie killers. (Oh and for the record, toy breed dogs are also bitchy. Just ask my grandma's doggie. He's so old he's bald.)

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
100% Scots, ( and 75% Scotch :) )

Grew up with many dogs around at home and in the neighborhood. Never took to cats.

Anything else anybody wants to know?

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Horrible awful wretched nasty allergies to cats - I played with a kitten one afternnon and visited my mother the next day. My eyes were still so red and swollen, my voice still so hoarse, she asked if my husband had beat me. I think my mother might be part rabbit...

Cutie little fluff ball comes tearing out from under a chair and rips the flesh from your bare feet with its teeth. They crap everywhere, and if you venture to hold the little bugger, it pisses in your lap ~ Shail

We have doggies. :D

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
100% Scots, ( and 75% Scotch :) )

Grew up with many dogs around at home and in the neighborhood. Never took to cats.

Anything else anybody wants to know?

Hehe! Careful, that was almost a peek under that wide brim. I'm askeered what's in them eyes.

Me, Irish with equal amounts of French and German thrown in for good measure. And when I was younger, I managed to arrive home in one piece without killing anyone else in the process more times than I care to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.