Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Missed Monday--sorry. ::grovels::

I got about 300-400wds by then, but i didn't really *count* 'em--it's between and among two different wips, and i just could *not* do all the highlighting or color-changing that would have required...it just kills the creative mood. :)

For this week, i offer 250 wds, again, to the Tigress--that seems to be do-able, for me. This week, i'll try to remember to do a pre-and post-word count, so i can make some realistic judgement. :)

Cathy,

We do what we can. Try to make your goals realistic but also try to challenge yourself a bit. 20 pushups for Cathy for posting word count and goals. Hang in there:)

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got nothin' but three pages of notes. Bah.

*begins pushups*

We'll shoot for five hundred words this week. Surely that's reasonable. *crosses fingers*

RichardB

THIS! IS!! VENNNNNICE!!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saintmarksbody.com
Hey all -- I never expected to be writing horror but my alternate history WIP seems to work best that way. So excited about the concept I plotted it in a day, did 1500 words for a 1st chapter draft between yesterday and today. Hoping to ramp up to 1000 wpd.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Ooh, new meat fellow writer! Welcome! Do you prefer to be broiled or deep-fried with a slice of lemon and some ginger?

*slaps self* Gotta learn when to censor myself. Quick, little undead doggie, lock the door!

RichardB

THIS! IS!! VENNNNNICE!!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saintmarksbody.com
Ooh, new meat fellow writer! Welcome! Do you prefer to be broiled or deep-fried with a slice of lemon and some ginger?

I've been through Query Letter Hell courtesy of a possibly undead squirrel with a rocket launcher. Bring it.

Oh, and deep-fried with lemon and ginger sounds lovely, thanks.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I got nothin' but three pages of notes. Bah.

*begins pushups*

We'll shoot for five hundred words this week. Surely that's reasonable. *crosses fingers*

Cranky,

Notes are important---do they include any sheep recipes? No reason---just curious.

20 pushups for posting goal.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They're secret mutton recipes, actually.

Have you been sneaking looks into my notebook? *looks horrified* There's crappy words in there!

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

*slaps self* Gotta learn when to censor myself. Quick, little undead doggie, lock the door!
We don't eat the newbies for a week---we want them to feel relaxed---at ease---then bam:e2teeth:

Hey all -- I never expected to be writing horror but my alternate history WIP seems to work best that way. So excited about the concept I plotted it in a day, did 1500 words for a 1st chapter draft between yesterday and today. Hoping to ramp up to 1000 wpd.

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the Horror Hounds---we promise not to fillet, stew or BBQ you for a least a week---We report on Mondays and post our goals for the following week. Then we make fun of the doggie---or just generally abuse each
other. But we don't eat newbies---until they are here a week. Welcome aboard:)

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
They're secret mutton recipes, actually.
sounds yummy:)

Have you been sneaking looks into my notebook? *looks horrified* There's crappy words in there!
quickly jots down recipes

why do you ask? no---there is no certain sheep in mind---there are lots of sheep---why would you think i had plans for a certain sheep?

*shuts cellar door before anyone hears the muffled baaahs--- then smiles sweetly*

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I've been through Query Letter Hell courtesy of a possibly undead squirrel with a rocket launcher.
did you ever think you would ever write that sentence? another reason AW is awesome:)
Bring it.

They bring it all the time---we have an ex-nun, a mutant sheep camel, a werewolf, an undead doggie, a spider, a tiger and Cranky---btw she's the ruff one:)

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I know it's early, but I'm rather impressed with myself - got 200 worthwhile, story related words added to my wip while waiting for my girl at the dance studio yesterday and today - all the while trying to not flip out on the the parents living through their children as they complained about this competition and that competition, who got this trophy and who got that one, and how terribly busy and crazy their schedules are because of all these competitions, and the costume fees and how early this week's competition starts and on and on and on until I was ready to SCREAM! not pay attention to the other parents' conversations.

Seriously. I was able to work on my story and the police didn't need to be called! amid all the gossip, slander, and petty backstabbing chatter and only smiled my you better sleep with one eye open smile sweetly when they bugged the holy shite outta me included me in their conversation despite the fact that I was very obviously busy.

Ah... Dance is over until next Monday and Tuesday. Praise Jebus

Tomorow afternoon we're off to my son's soccer practice... It's a (Catholic) school team and none of the parent's in my son's kindergarten class know I write... :e2seesaw:

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
good job, Laurie!!

I found an iPod loaded with violent femmes songs helped me tune out the---hen peckish your neighbor's eyes out banter I am not a gossip girl either. Good work---and good luck---big hugs!!!

Ya know I've got a bunch of Alanis Morrisette on my iphone... hmmmm.... thinking ... considering and weighing options...

definitely need to add some more for next week...

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I know it's early, but I'm rather impressed with myself - got 200 worthwhile, story related words added to my wip while waiting for my girl at the dance studio yesterday and today - all the while trying to not flip out on the the parents living through their children as they complained about this competition and that competition, who got this trophy and who got that one, and how terribly busy and crazy their schedules are because of all these competitions, and the costume fees and how early this week's competition starts and on and on and on until I was ready to SCREAM! not pay attention to the other parents' conversations.

Seriously. I was able to work on my story and the police didn't need to be called! amid all the gossip, slander, and petty backstabbing chatter and only smiled my you better sleep with one eye open smile sweetly when they bugged the holy shite outta me included me in their conversation despite the fact that I was very obviously busy.

Ah... Dance is over until next Monday and Tuesday. Praise Jebus

Tomorow afternoon we're off to my son's soccer practice... It's a (Catholic) school team and none of the parent's in my son's kindergarten class know I write... :e2seesaw:

Sounds like the beginning of a new story to me, Laurie. :D

And, welcome Richard.

DL? Can I bring over the "special chair" from teh humor forum?

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Sounds like the beginning of a new story to me, Laurie. :D

And, welcome Richard.

DL? Can I bring over the "special chair" from teh humor forum?

It's too, too weird to ever be believed, even in fiction. You know those "Hillbilly Teeth" Spencer's sometimes sells? Yeah, there's an actual, live pair involved. Oh, and picture a really big guy, r-e-a-l-l-y big guy, who rubs his belly like a 9-month pregnant woman, yeah. He's there too. And the other main contributor to my compulsion to run screaming from the building the chatter is a compulsive suer - she seems to have a pending lawsuit against just about every business owner in town. There's others, but they're harmless.

ETA: It used to be worse but a group of about 5 moms and their dancer daughters left the studio last spring because one of them was severely bent out of shape - something about the compulsive suer dating/making out with/sleeping with this other mom's now husband when they were in high school (these women are about 38-40 years old) and how could she expect her daughter to dance with that woman's daughter?

Last edited:

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Ah, love you guys. You all sound so sane, to me at least.

I've spent the morning reading Orhan Pamuk and letting it put me in a weird mood (though not as weird as yesterday - SEE BLOG!) so might get some writing done this arvo, with the help of the sugar I bought at lunch.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
It's too, too weird to ever be believed, even in fiction. You know those "Hillbilly Teeth" Spencer's sometimes sells? Yeah, there's an actual, live pair involved. Oh, and picture a really big guy, r-e-a-l-l-y big guy, who rubs his belly like a 9-month pregnant woman, yeah. He's there too. And the other main contributor to my compulsion to run screaming from the building the chatter is a compulsive suer - she seems to have a pending lawsuit against just about every business owner in town. There's others, but they're harmless.

Heh. I had two girls who took dance classes. It might not have been quite as bad for me, but I understand.

Perhaps some dead thing could rise up and eat them.

Just sayin'. :D

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Heh. I had two girls who took dance classes. It might not have been quite as bad for me, but I understand.

Perhaps some dead thing could rise up and eat them.

Just sayin'. :D

Hell, a little Crest and Listerine would be the end of one. Another would easily be undone by a couple doses of Alli crushed and mixed in with his Big Mac...

I admit it, I've considered their gruesome endings before. Turns out not that much effort is involved...

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hell, a little Crest and Listerine would be the end of one. Another would easily be undone by a couple doses of Alli crushed and mixed in with his Big Mac...

I admit it, I've considered their gruesome endings before. Turns out not that much effort is involved...

Stretch it out. Lots of show, not tell. Add in a demon or three. You'll get there. ;)

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Not everyone gets my sense of humor, matter of fact most are put off, but in this thread I'm encouraged to
Stretch it out. Lots of show, not tell. Add in a demon or three. You'll get there.

Man, I love this thread

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Not everyone gets my sense of humor, matter of fact most are put off, but in this thread I'm encouraged to .

Man, I love this thread

We all do. :D

Sure? Don't think I should ask what kind of chair;)

No, no, no. It's fine. Trust me. When have I led you down the wrong path?

Don't answer that.

Here, Richard. Please relax in the Chair O' Honor. :D

13_electricchair.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.