AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 454 123456711265176101251 ... LastLast

Thread: Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Evil, undead Chihuahua SuperModerator Haggis's Avatar

Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Liam Jackson started this thread a while back.

Okay, folks, I think we can take a valuable lesson from Barb and the Humor Forum. She has a thread entitled "Weekend Progress Report." It's an old thread, and it's old for a reason. It serves a useful purpose and is very popular with the Humor bunch.
    The thread serves multiple purposes, including:
    *Encouraging people to avoid dread procrastination
    *giving and receiving feeback for meeting or failing writing goals
    *helps establish realistic goals for writing and submitting, and monitors both
    *draws everyone in for a "checK" at the beginning and ending of each weekend for a progress report.
    *It's especially good for new writers in need of an occasional push, but many of the older writers participate, too.
    It was a good idea then, it's a good idea now. We're resurrecting it. It's a go. And apparently everyone already decided to use this thread instead of adding to the old one, which is fine by me.

Our participants:

Cranky
    DL Hegel
    Pike
    Gooch
    Kerr
    Zahra
    SpookyWriter
    Haggis
    Anyone else who wants to join

JeanneTGC--Mistress-at-Arms
    Jaycinth--Sociopathic Comic Relief

As Liam might say, "Go get 'em, Horror Hounds."
    Last edited by Haggis; 12-22-2007 at 09:01 PM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlz View Post
    For those of you that don't know what "haggis" is, I can only say that it's much better not knowing anyway
    Stewie the Chihuey
    featuring the lovely and talented

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments

I'd be interested, Haggis. I'm procrastinating like mad on my newest project, which started as a procrastination for finishing any of the others...

Oh, and I'm not shy about using a whip, hee hee. I don't mind returning the favor, if anyone is willing to keep poking me about getting some BIC time, etc.
    W.S.F.A. today! (Write Something F***ing Awesome)

An exceptional poem that you really should read, by AW's own William Haskins:

Thorn Forest: A Poem In Progress

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch WPR Dominatrix JeanneTGC's Avatar
    We would also welcome all folks from Horror over to the Weekend Progress Report (still going strong!) in the Humor Forum -- with open arms and no hidden joy buzzers or anything! Most of us who report in there write much more than humor, some don't write humor at all.
    Jeanne

Action, Adventure, Romance & Humor
    Coming December 2017, Aliens Abroad -- Preorder NOW!

--Click the covers to go to my website for details & more!

Tigress Tyrant Requiescat In Pace
    I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
    i am in---however i can help.

dl hegel
    Last edited by DL Hegel; 12-17-2007 at 03:21 AM.

I need the kick in the ass more now then ever before so this might be a good way to nodge each other along, as well as offer some pats on the back. So the question is: Do we start a new "progress" thread or bump the old one?

I spend a chunk of time over at Soccer Mom's Coffee House and wouldn't mind wielding to any whip-cracking here (he says while bowing most disrespectfully to our unmodest mods. Ya, I can be a real anus).

Pike
    Pike

"The first draft of anything is shit." Ernest Hemingway

WIP's:Frenzy - Currently available on Amazon, Sequel - Plotting stages

http://pikespage.blogspot.com/ Come by and see what I've been up to.

Link To Frenzy

I need that kick in the ass too, Pike. I love the humor folks and I know they'd be pleased to do it (thanks, Jeanne), but it might be more meaningful for us if we're kicked by our own kind--you know, the undead. If we get at least a half dozen or so people to start, I think we can pull it off.

I'm all for resurrecting Liam's original thread. He laid out the expectations well, and I think everyone will be able to follow it. Let's see if we can get a couple more and then we can start cracking the whip.
    For those of you that don't know what "haggis" is, I can only say that it's much better not knowing anyway
    Stewie the Chihuey

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments

What's this about whip-cracking????
    I mostly hang out in Office Party. Mostly.

It Bloggles the Mind

banned as an incurable tosspot SpookyWriter's Avatar
    I tried that once with a girl I met in Vegas. But they're laws against that sort of thing. So I'm told.

Resurrecting the dead

practical experience, FTW Gooch's Avatar
    I'd be game for joining up! If there's anything I need on a regular basis, it's a solid kick in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    I'd be game for joining up! If there's anything I need on a regular basis, it's a solid kick in the ass.
    Hey, Haggis! I count six...can we start now? Pwetty pwease?

I swear, I don't have a whip fetish. Not that there's any thing wrong with that. TM

Your Cuddly Sociopathic AW Moderator Jaycinth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DL Hegel View Post
    i am in---however i can help.

dl hegel
    Yeah...come over to the W.P.R. ...(no..not N.P.R. you 'clown hatted' escapee from an overplayed commercial)

We have tasers in the W.P.R. Whips too. I mean if I like it, you folks will be in 666th heaven...(ish)
    By JAYCINTH: I have my OWN PAGE at Aquarius Custom Jewelry. Please, come and see and like me on Facebook.
    I'm editing the 'Sensible Man' I STILL love these unpaid gigs

I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
    i say we put jaycinth in charge of the spankings!
    dl
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post
    Yeah...come over to the W.P.R. ...(no..not N.P.R. you 'clown hatted' escapee from an overplayed commercial)

We have tasers in the W.P.R. Whips too. I mean if I like it, you folks will be in 666th heaven...(ish)

will there be spanking?
    dl

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Hey, Haggis! I count six...can we start now? Pwetty pwease?

I swear, I don't have a whip fetish. Not that there's any thing wrong with that. TM
    I've got five, Cranky: you, me, DL Hegel, Pike and Gooch. Of course, Jeanne, Jaycinth, Rhymegirl and Spooky are welcome to join in, as is anybody else who happens upon this thread.

And ya'll feel free to join the humor folks Weekly Progress Report as well. You'll get whipped in either thread, but ours will be using real whips.

Give me a couple of days to get things set up and we'll plan on starting this Saturday. In the meantime, take a few minutes to read through the old thread and see how it's supposed to work.
    Stewie the Chihuey

We use whips (police issue), tasers (police issue), whips (cat-o-nine-tails issue), tasers (Jaycinth issue), and a variety of other laughing, friendly means to keep our WPR folks active and with output over at the Humor Forum.

Humor. Haha haha haha. We're fun! Funny!

And 50% of us write horror, but that's not important now...

(Hey, Jay and I want you guys to post there, too. So sue us. LOL! Better yet...here's the whip...)
    Jeanne

Hand? What hand? AW Moderator Ol' Fashioned Girl's Avatar
    Oh, hell. I thought we were supposed to raise YOU from the dead!
    aka: OFG

Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Fashioned Girl View Post
    Oh, hell. I thought we were supposed to raise YOU from the dead!
    I thought that was what the little blue pill was for.
    Stewie the Chihuey

Your Cuddly Sociopathic AW Moderator Jaycinth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanneTGC View Post
    We use whips (police issue), tasers (police issue), whips (cat-o-nine-tails issue), tasers (Jaycinth issue), and a variety of other laughing, friendly means to keep our WPR folks active and with output over at the Humor Forum.

Humor. Haha haha haha. We're fun! Funny!

And 50% of us write horror, but that's not important now...

(Hey, Jay and I want you guys to post there, too. So sue us. LOL! Better yet...here's the whip...)
    The tasers were there when I got there...as were all of the other instruments of torture.

Believe me, the weekly ritual was one of the few things keeping Humor alive, so to speak. That and the resources and a couple of other things.

All I did was add a little 'Fox' and stirred it with some Jack Sparrow, and added equal amounts of 'Day at the Races' and powdered 'Abbot and Costello Meet the Wolfman'.

Then after I seeded everyone at AW with IQ reducing nano-machines...(why yes, they ARE aluminium nano machines...was that a lucky guess or do you need another 'scotch'?)

it was a 'no-brainer'.

get it?

No-brainer?

No?

it's working.......
    ....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Last edited by Jaycinth; 12-18-2007 at 07:01 AM. Reason: section 5a sub section 3:evil laugh required at the revelation of all plots
    By JAYCINTH: I have my OWN PAGE at Aquarius Custom Jewelry. Please, come and see and like me on Facebook.
    I'm editing the 'Sensible Man' I STILL love these unpaid gigs

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    I've got five, Cranky: you, me, DL Hegel, Pike and Gooch. Of course, Jeanne, Jaycinth, Rhymegirl and Spooky are welcome to join in, as is anybody else who happens upon this thread.
    Well, Haggis, you have inadvertently pointed out the reason I never went to college and/or majored in mathematics.

I can't do simple arithmetic! D'oh!

The thing is, Jay and Jeanne, none of us in this forum has a sense of humor. We would find no joy in being whipped by someone with a grotesque painted on smile, wearing big, floppy shoes, and a clown nose. Especially if the whip is made of licorice, which I understand yours are made of. We could take no pleasure in being hit in the face by banana cream pies tossed by twelve dwarves wearing firemen outfits as they exit a 1959 Volkswagen. We could not appreciate being scolded by Jerry Seinfeld.

Well, maybe Rllgthunder.

We write pain and we want pain. We need blood. Real blood. We need guts. Real guts. We need people who write what we write giving encouragement, offering advice and kicking ass with cloven hooves when necessary. That's why I want to try this here.

And if it doesn't work, we'll arm ourselves with scythes, rusty boy scout knives, and our fangs, and come over to visit y'all sometime after midnight some night when you least expect it.
    Stewie the Chihuey

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Well, Haggis, you have inadvertently pointed out the reason I never went to college and/or majored in mathematics.

I can't do simple arithmetic! D'oh!
    Not to worry, Cranky. If you build it they will come.
    Stewie the Chihuey

The thing is, Jay and Jeanne, none of us in this forum has a sense of humor. We would find no joy in being whipped by someone with a grotesque painted on smile, wearing big, floppy shoes, and a clown nose. Especially if the whip is made of licorice, which I understand yours are made of. We could take no pleasure in being hit in the face by banana cream pies tossed by twelve dwarves wearing firemen outfits as they exit a 1959 Volkswagen. We could not appreciate being scolded by Jerry Seinfeld.

Well, maybe Rllgthunder.

We write pain and we want pain. We need blood. Real blood. We need guts. Real guts. We need people who write what we write giving encouragement, offering advice and kicking ass with cloven hooves when necessary. That's why I want to try this here.

And if it doesn't work, we'll arm ourselves with scythes, rusty boy scout knives, and our fangs, and come over to visit y'all sometime after midnight some night when you least expect it.
    So, um, can Jay and I (heh) do the "discipline" over here when you all check in with less than stellar weekly achievements?

We don't actually wear floppy shoes or clown noses.

We run to dominatrix gear and torture implements.
    Jeanne

BTW...I find nothing more terrifying than clowns. Well, snakes. But right after snakes, it's clowns.

Clowns are evil. Clowns are demons in not so much of a disguise. There is nothing funny about a clown. There is nothing light and fun about a clown.

Clowns ARE the horror story. And I felt that way far before Stephen King ever wrote "It".

Clowns...*SHUDDERS*...no clowns at the Humor Forum. Wit, yes, but no...*SHIVERS*...clowns...
    Jeanne

Now all I can think about is the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Clowns will destroy us all.
    Destroy us all.
    Destroy us all.
    Destroy us all.
    Destroy us all.
    Destroy us all.
    Destroy us all.

I know, but you had to have been there.

Pike
    Pike

"The first draft of anything is shit." Ernest Hemingway

WIP's:Frenzy - Currently available on Amazon, Sequel - Plotting stages

http://pikespage.blogspot.com/ Come by and see what I've been up to.

Link To Frenzy

I thought that was what the little blue pill was for.
    Nope! That's to keep you from rolling off your little doggie bed.

All kidding aside, I've been trying hard to work on new things. The going is getting easier. There's one novel idea already pushed to the side. BUT, I gave up for the time being on ever finishing one and HAVE finished a short.

I'm typing it out and editing and will hopefully (I said this somewhere last week.) post by Sunday. There! I've given myself a deadline. Hopefully, I will at least give someone the heebee-geebees.

Kerr
    the dark one
    "Push me in a corner and I'll come out writin'." -Kerr

Page 1 of 454 123456711265176101251 ... LastLast