Status
Not open for further replies.

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Don't be so hard on yourself, Cranky; that's for the mods. I'm going to set some high standards as well because I've been slacking somethin' fierce:

I've got a piece I've been toying with for months that I have to write before Jan. 1, so I plan to pimp out at least 3k this weekend. I can do it if i stay the hell off the net and F.O.C.U.S.

Second goal is to outline a novel idea that hit me this week. This is straying from the traditional horror, being that it's more a dark fantasy.

That's it for now. Anymore and I'll certainly be enacting the wrath of the gods.

Pike

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, y'all. Glad to see folks checking in already.

As I mentioned before, I am mostly a weekend writer. If I get more than 500 words in a week, it's a good week. I know that doesn't sound like much (and it isn't), but it does add up. Unfortunately, it doesn't add up when I don't do any writing on the weekend, and that's been happening much too often. That's over, and Jeanne has my permission to whip my bare behind if I come up empty in any given week. Of course, I like that kind of thing anyhow.:D

Here's my new goal: 1000 words per weekend, and 500 additional words sometime during the week. In addition, I promise to crit at least one story if one is posted in the horror SYW that week.

This is going to be a tough week to get anything done, what with shopping, family commitments and all, but I'll give it my best shot.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I intend to spend Sunday through Wednesday in a state of genteel inebriation, but after that, back at it. I'm only committing to twenty more pages til next w'end, but hoping for more. (God bless low expectations, eh?).

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't be so hard on yourself, Cranky; that's for the mods. I'm going to set some high standards as well because I've been slacking somethin' fierce:

I've got a piece I've been toying with for months that I have to write before Jan. 1, so I plan to pimp out at least 3k this weekend. I can do it if i stay the hell off the net and F.O.C.U.S.

Second goal is to outline a novel idea that hit me this week. This is straying from the traditional horror, being that it's more a dark fantasy.

That's it for now. Anymore and I'll certainly be enacting the wrath of the gods.

Pike

Thanks, Pike...now I'm afraid to go to sleep at night. Somebody hold me...

Good luck with your goals. I know I'm gonna hafta bust my hump, but oh well. :)

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, y'all. Glad to see folks checking in already.

As I mentioned before, I am mostly a weekend writer. If I get more than 500 words in a week, it's a good week. I know that doesn't sound like much (and it isn't), but it does add up. Unfortunately, it doesn't add up when I don't do any writing on the weekend, and that's been happening much too often. That's over, and Jeanne has my permission to whip my bare behind if I come up empty in any given week. Of course, I like that kind of thing anyhow.:D

Here's my new goal: 1000 words per weekend, and 500 additional words sometime during the week. In addition, I promise to crit at least one story if one is posted in the horror SYW that week.

This is going to be a tough week to get anything done, what with shopping, family commitments and all, but I'll give it my best shot.

See, now if you slack on your goals, does that mean one of us peons gets to wield the whip?

Bwhahahaha.....

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
I loooove it when they don't meet their goals. Just looooove it.

Just going to go warm up the cattle prod, for that potential gentle prodding...

Get 'er ready Jeanne, I'm taking a Christmas extension. I got kind of excited when this started and completely forgot what all would be going on this week, none of which cooperates with my writing plans, even moreso than usual. Sorry Haggis. But I'm only begging a few more days. I considered posting half and half, but really don't want to do that. As long as it's a short, I like to get the whole reaction.
:Shrug:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
WHIPS???

I doan needz no steenkin WHIPS!!:e2chain:

HEY!!! I ain't seed no progress out from none of you folks. Please...don't run.......it will bother me if you run....
!:e2chain:

Sorry, sweetie. This is goals posting day. Failure to meet goals posting day is next Saturday. :D

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
*Holds up paw holding cat-o-nine-tails*

Haggis, I shall carry out my duties as Chief 'Quisitor, no matter what they say they have done, no matter if goals are reached or missed, no matter if --

What?

Huh? Oh. Huh.

*sigh*

I shall *grumble* carry out my duties as Chief 'Quisitor ONLY if *sigh* they don't meet their *rassumfrassum* goals and otherwise shall act as head *heh* cheerleader for those to meet or exceed their goals. Go team! (Unless said achievers WANT the whip, in which case, I am here to serve. So to speak. :D)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
*Holds up paw holding cat-o-nine-tails*

Haggis, I shall carry out my duties as Chief 'Quisitor, no matter what they say they have done, no matter if goals are reached or missed, no matter if --

What?

Huh? Oh. Huh.

*sigh*

I shall *grumble* carry out my duties as Chief 'Quisitor ONLY if *sigh* they don't meet their *rassumfrassum* goals and otherwise shall act as head *heh* cheerleader for those to meet or exceed their goals. Go team! (Unless said achievers WANT the whip, in which case, I am here to serve. So to speak. :D)

Pssst. Okay, gang. Y'all owe me one.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pssst. Okay, gang. Y'all owe me one.

My hiney thanks you, Haggis.

Uh, yeah, that didn't come out quite right, now did it? *clearsthroat*

Thanks for the save.;)

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Okay Haggis, you can call off your dog. Oops! I meant cat. I'm in. Hope you can plow through. It ended up longer than I'd like. I may cut off the whole beginning.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Okay Haggis, you can call off your dog. Oops! I meant cat. I'm in. Hope you can plow through. It ended up longer than I'd like. I may cut off the whole beginning.

Heading over to SYW after this post.

Okay. I've done a couple of crits this week. And I have today's 500 words finished. Jeanne can't get me quite yet, 'cause I still have the rest of today and tomorrow to finish my 1500 for the week. If I can do that this week, I know I can do it on a regular basis.

I'll post the final word count tally tomorrow.

Anyone else?

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
I neglected to report in after last weekend, so I'm grabbing my ankles while typing. (Don't ask how)

I managed to eek out just under 2k on the story and then went research crazy for my knew WIP. After that I fell flat on my face. What do you expect, I've been holding my ankles.

Pike

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I neglected to report in after last weekend, so I'm grabbing my ankles while typing. (Don't ask how)

I managed to eek out just under 2k on the story and then went research crazy for my knew WIP. After that I fell flat on my face. What do you expect, I've been holding my ankles.

Pike
And you look so (heh) cute, doing it, too.

I dunno, Haggis. I mean, 2/3 of the way on the stated writing goal and work done on the outline...do I whip or do I not?

Of course, Pike's all bent over and waiting for it...perhaps just one for fun...:whip:

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Oh. My. Gawd. This...this...this is an outrage! I see some of my whiddle buds snooping around over here...and they're...actually trading in whips for tazers. "Unbelievable," said Finch about Buddy Hall.

"Inconceivable," exclaimed Vizzini in Princess Bride

"Inexplicable," gushed Professor Lyndenbrook in Journey to the Center of the Earth

"You horrific lil bastids," said Triceratops.

So, qualifications, eh? In my last thriller, Romulus the werewolf tore the head off a ten-year-old girl, killed her parents, then ate the livers of a cryptozoologist and a Shoshone shaman. That gave him enough strength to butcher six Army National Guardsmen, and after he climbed Devils Tower, he got his genitals ripped off and tossed over the cliff. I call that scene "balls to the wall."

Whada ya think of me now????!!!

Damn your eyes, you elitist blood-drinking snobs! I'll not soil my feet upon these grounds...I won't even waste my...

...wait a minute. Is Jeanne or Jay doing the thrasing, whipping, spanking?

Well, I might consider just stopping in to peek. Once in a while. Maybe.

Tri:tongue

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*pokes head into thread*

Ahem. Well, I am not entirely sure of the exact word counts, but here goes:

There is no way I got 3k done on my newest WIP. I think I got about 250, max.

I got my stuff done for the piece I'm going to workshop, so a checkmark there.

I did get around 1500k done on one of my older pieces. So, total word count for this week...is far, far off from 4k total on all works.

I am braced for impact!

(I also know now to post lower goals for next week, lol)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't quite reach my goals on wip, but at least I did write a few more pages this past week. I also started some work on a new short story. I did manage to visit SYW and critique a few short stories. So the week wasn't a complete blowoff.

My goal for this upcoming week is to finish the chapter I've been struggling with for quite some time.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
OK, right, so although i haven't done TOO much this weekend A) I ain't even done writing yet and B) I am writing after having been hit a whammy with the depression-stick (my bete-noire is in the public eye again, with her wide-mouthed, successful, leading-role, property-owning face hanging out) - so I count every word down as multiplied by roughly 100.

S'there.

How about you all?

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Oh. My. Gawd. This...this...this is an outrage! I see some of my whiddle buds snooping around over here...and they're...actually trading in whips for tazers. "Unbelievable," said Finch about Buddy Hall.

"Inconceivable," exclaimed Vizzini in Princess Bride

"Inexplicable," gushed Professor Lyndenbrook in Journey to the Center of the Earth

"You horrific lil bastids," said Triceratops.

So, qualifications, eh? In my last thriller, Romulus the werewolf tore the head off a ten-year-old girl, killed her parents, then ate the livers of a cryptozoologist and a Shoshone shaman. That gave him enough strength to butcher six Army National Guardsmen, and after he climbed Devils Tower, he got his genitals ripped off and tossed over the cliff. I call that scene "balls to the wall."

Whada ya think of me now????!!!

Damn your eyes, you elitist blood-drinking snobs! I'll not soil my feet upon these grounds...I won't even waste my...

...wait a minute. Is Jeanne or Jay doing the thrasing, whipping, spanking?

Well, I might consider just stopping in to peek. Once in a while. Maybe.

Tri:tongue
:D

Tri, I think that output deserves some whip lovin'!
:whip::whip::whip:

I mean them with love, of course...

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
*pokes head into thread*

Ahem. Well, I am not entirely sure of the exact word counts, but here goes:

There is no way I got 3k done on my newest WIP. I think I got about 250, max.

I got my stuff done for the piece I'm going to workshop, so a checkmark there.

I did get around 1500k done on one of my older pieces. So, total word count for this week...is far, far off from 4k total on all works.

I am braced for impact!

(I also know now to post lower goals for next week, lol)
Darn it, Haggis...I hate it when they DO stuff. It's so hard to decide to whip or not to whip...

But, it's Cranky so...yeah...whip.
:whip:

Not too shabby, btw, making over 50% of your writing goal and at least hitting all the rest of your goals.

Of course, we'll see what Haggis says. He may want more whipping. Of you, too, not just himself...

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I didn't quite reach my goals on wip, but at least I did write a few more pages this past week. I also started some work on a new short story. I did manage to visit SYW and critique a few short stories. So the week wasn't a complete blowoff.

My goal for this upcoming week is to finish the chapter I've been struggling with for quite some time.
*sigh* More output. What's a girl to do?

Right! :whip:

More, Spooky. MORE. Haggis has RULES, people!

So, do that again, only more so.

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
OK, right, so although i haven't done TOO much this weekend A) I ain't even done writing yet and B) I am writing after having been hit a whammy with the depression-stick (my bete-noire is in the public eye again, with her wide-mouthed, successful, leading-role, property-owning face hanging out) - so I count every word down as multiplied by roughly 100.

S'there.

How about you all?
*Hands zarha the problem solver* :e2chain:
Rev 'er up, remove all problems.

Then get back to writing!

Status
Not open for further replies.