Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmae Tyler

This & That
Registered
Reaction score
Most aptly named forum thread ever?

I saw it pop up in the New Activity feed and being so bright and shiny new clicked to the end and then back a couple of pages (two pages, that's all!) and it only JUST NOW dawned on me that I was reading posts from October of 2013. Then I was immediately disappointed because the plot bunnies are all skeletal and, while adorable, no longer have the meat to sustain my wandering imagination.

Clearly thread necromancy is entirely justifiable, nay appropriate, even expected.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score

I saw it pop up in the New Activity feed and being so bright and shiny new clicked to the end and then back a couple of pages (two pages, that's all!) and it only JUST NOW dawned on me that I was reading posts from October of 2013. Then I was immediately disappointed because the plot bunnies are all skeletal and, while adorable, no longer have the meat to sustain my wandering imagination.

Clearly thread necromancy is entirely justifiable, nay appropriate, even expected.

Agreed. Given our orientation to the dark and evil side, I can think of nothing more appropriate than seeing it dig itself out of the grave, pop off the coffin top, and wander among us again, most likely feeding on the Humor Thread participants.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
But...but...but...my Wolverines have just had three shutouts in a row. The last two over nationally ranked opponents. I don't think that's possible.

Plus I ain't sure where I put the hypodermic needle. I'll have to see what I can find.

But in the spirit of the occasion, I have a story with a beginning and most of an ending, but it's lacking a middle. It would be a good thing to finish that, don't you think? I'm looking for about 500 to 1000 more words.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Damn straight. We don't keep our Dominatrix around here for nothing you know.
Thank you Haggis!:)

Welcome Esmae!
Hopefully this one will live up to the hype.

tumblr_m0s34mMwBm1qi07pmo1_500.jpg

I command this thread to live! Live, I say! Live!

My goal for this one-day weekend is to get back on my novel. Anything...just some progress.
Would it help if we hooked you up to electrodes?
Haggis, can you revive your red-eyed and hypodermic Chihuahua for the spirit of the month? It would bring back fond memories.
Seconded!
But...but...but...my Wolverines have just had three shutouts in a row. The last two over nationally ranked opponents. I don't think that's possible.

Plus I ain't sure where I put the hypodermic needle. I'll have to see what I can find.

But in the spirit of the occasion, I have a story with a beginning and most of an ending, but it's lacking a middle. It would be a good thing to finish that, don't you think? I'm looking for about 500 to 1000 more words.
Hope you can up with a middle, that's the hardest part.
Does plotting count as progress?

I say it counts. Hope plotting went well and your plot bunnies produced.

I'm working on translations of my poetry into a foreign language, slow going.

To inspire us to produce, I'll be sending these guys
by to visit everyone for motivation. Keep your socks, toys and small animals out of their reach. They're always hungry.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigery-striped Dominatrix

The Scip

...walks this way.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thescip.blogspot.com
Glad to see I brought this back from the dead. I have been trying to stay away from AW as it was getting in the way of my actual writing but I have a great routine going right now and it does help to stop in a visit every now and then.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
HOLY CRAP!!!

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

unlike my writing, as of late....

I'm sorry to hear that but glad to see you. Now start writing, or else.:D

Glad to see I brought this back from the dead. I have been trying to stay away from AW as it was getting in the way of my actual writing but I have a great routine going right now and it does help to stop in a visit every now and then.

I'm glad you got your rhythm.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
It has been my resolution this year to write a minimum of 500 words a day. So far, I'm keeping up on it and then some.

Today, I finished my first short story of the year with just under 7000 words, all written in the past ten days!

Monday starts a new story, (or a continuation of something I've already started.) We'll see.

brandenburgdm

Registered
Reaction score
Website
keepyoufromscreaming.blogspot.com
My goal this year was to write a short story a week using old horror comic book covers as inspiration. So far I've been doing pretty good with that. Yet this weekend turned into writing something that I could try to get published. I finished it, though now I'm deep in the editing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.