Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Liam Jackson started this thread a while back.

Okay, folks, I think we can take a valuable lesson from Barb and the Humor Forum. She has a thread entitled "Weekend Progress Report." It's an old thread, and it's old for a reason. It serves a useful purpose and is very popular with the Humor bunch.
The thread serves multiple purposes, including:
*Encouraging people to avoid dread procrastination
*giving and receiving feeback for meeting or failing writing goals
*helps establish realistic goals for writing and submitting, and monitors both
*draws everyone in for a "checK" at the beginning and ending of each weekend for a progress report.
*It's especially good for new writers in need of an occasional push, but many of the older writers participate, too.

It was a good idea then, it's a good idea now. We're resurrecting it. It's a go. And apparently everyone already decided to use this thread instead of adding to the old one, which is fine by me.

Our participants:

Cranky
DL Hegel
Pike
Gooch
Kerr
Zahra
SpookyWriter
Haggis
Anyone else who wants to join

JeanneTGC--Mistress-at-Arms
Jaycinth--Sociopathic Comic Relief

As Liam might say, "Go get 'em, Horror Hounds."

Last edited:

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested, Haggis. I'm procrastinating like mad on my newest project, which started as a procrastination for finishing any of the others...

Oh, and I'm not shy about using a whip, hee hee. I don't mind returning the favor, if anyone is willing to keep poking me about getting some BIC time, etc.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
We would also welcome all folks from Horror over to the Weekend Progress Report (still going strong!) in the Humor Forum -- with open arms and no hidden joy buzzers or anything! Most of us who report in there write much more than humor, some don't write humor at all.

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
I need the kick in the ass more now then ever before so this might be a good way to nodge each other along, as well as offer some pats on the back. So the question is: Do we start a new "progress" thread or bump the old one?

I spend a chunk of time over at Soccer Mom's Coffee House and wouldn't mind wielding to any whip-cracking here (he says while bowing most disrespectfully to our unmodest mods. Ya, I can be a real anus).

Pike

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I need that kick in the ass too, Pike. I love the humor folks and I know they'd be pleased to do it (thanks, Jeanne), but it might be more meaningful for us if we're kicked by our own kind--you know, the undead. If we get at least a half dozen or so people to start, I think we can pull it off.

I'm all for resurrecting Liam's original thread. He laid out the expectations well, and I think everyone will be able to follow it. Let's see if we can get a couple more and then we can start cracking the whip. :whip:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What's this about whip-cracking????

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be game for joining up! If there's anything I need on a regular basis, it's a solid kick in the ass.

Hey, Haggis! I count six...can we start now? Pwetty pwease? :D

I swear, I don't have a whip fetish. Not that there's any thing wrong with that. [sup]TM[/sup]

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
i say we put jaycinth in charge of the spankings!:D
dl
Yeah...come over to the W.P.R. ...(no..not N.P.R. you 'clown hatted' escapee from an overplayed commercial)

We have tasers in the W.P.R. Whips too. I mean if I like it, you folks will be in 666th heaven...(ish)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Haggis! I count six...can we start now? Pwetty pwease? :D

I swear, I don't have a whip fetish. Not that there's any thing wrong with that. [sup]TM[/sup]

I've got five, Cranky: you, me, DL Hegel, Pike and Gooch. Of course, Jeanne, Jaycinth, Rhymegirl and Spooky are welcome to join in, as is anybody else who happens upon this thread.

And ya'll feel free to join the humor folks Weekly Progress Report as well. You'll get whipped in either thread, but ours will be using real whips. :e2teeth:
:whip:

Give me a couple of days to get things set up and we'll plan on starting this Saturday. In the meantime, take a few minutes to read through the old thread and see how it's supposed to work.

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
We use whips (police issue), tasers (police issue), whips (cat-o-nine-tails issue), tasers (Jaycinth issue), and a variety of other laughing, friendly means to keep our WPR folks active and with output over at the Humor Forum.

Humor. Haha haha haha. We're fun! Funny!

And 50% of us write horror, but that's not important now...

(Hey, Jay and I want you guys to post there, too. So sue us. LOL! Better yet...here's the whip...)

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
We use whips (police issue), tasers (police issue), whips (cat-o-nine-tails issue), tasers (Jaycinth issue), and a variety of other laughing, friendly means to keep our WPR folks active and with output over at the Humor Forum.

Humor. Haha haha haha. We're fun! Funny!

And 50% of us write horror, but that's not important now...

(Hey, Jay and I want you guys to post there, too. So sue us. LOL! Better yet...here's the whip...)

The tasers were there when I got there...as were all of the other instruments of torture.

Believe me, the weekly ritual was one of the few things keeping Humor alive, so to speak. That and the resources and a couple of other things.

All I did was add a little 'Fox' and stirred it with some Jack Sparrow, and added equal amounts of 'Day at the Races' and powdered 'Abbot and Costello Meet the Wolfman'.

Then after I seeded everyone at AW with IQ reducing nano-machines...(why yes, they ARE aluminium nano machines...was that a lucky guess or do you need another 'scotch'?)

it was a 'no-brainer'.

get it?

No-brainer?

No?

it's working.......
....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Last edited:

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've got five, Cranky: you, me, DL Hegel, Pike and Gooch. Of course, Jeanne, Jaycinth, Rhymegirl and Spooky are welcome to join in, as is anybody else who happens upon this thread.

Well, Haggis, you have inadvertently pointed out the reason I never went to college and/or majored in mathematics.

I can't do simple arithmetic! D'oh!:e2paperba

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
The thing is, Jay and Jeanne, none of us in this forum has a sense of humor. We would find no joy in being whipped by someone with a grotesque painted on smile, wearing big, floppy shoes, and a clown nose. Especially if the whip is made of licorice, which I understand yours are made of. We could take no pleasure in being hit in the face by banana cream pies tossed by twelve dwarves wearing firemen outfits as they exit a 1959 Volkswagen. We could not appreciate being scolded by Jerry Seinfeld.

Well, maybe Rllgthunder.

We write pain and we want pain. We need blood. Real blood. We need guts. Real guts. We need people who write what we write giving encouragement, offering advice and kicking ass with cloven hooves when necessary. That's why I want to try this here.

And if it doesn't work, we'll arm ourselves with scythes, rusty boy scout knives, and our fangs, and come over to visit y'all sometime after midnight some night when you least expect it. :e2teeth:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Haggis, you have inadvertently pointed out the reason I never went to college and/or majored in mathematics.

I can't do simple arithmetic! D'oh!:e2paperba

Not to worry, Cranky. If you build it they will come.

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
The thing is, Jay and Jeanne, none of us in this forum has a sense of humor. We would find no joy in being whipped by someone with a grotesque painted on smile, wearing big, floppy shoes, and a clown nose. Especially if the whip is made of licorice, which I understand yours are made of. We could take no pleasure in being hit in the face by banana cream pies tossed by twelve dwarves wearing firemen outfits as they exit a 1959 Volkswagen. We could not appreciate being scolded by Jerry Seinfeld.

Well, maybe Rllgthunder.

We write pain and we want pain. We need blood. Real blood. We need guts. Real guts. We need people who write what we write giving encouragement, offering advice and kicking ass with cloven hooves when necessary. That's why I want to try this here.

And if it doesn't work, we'll arm ourselves with scythes, rusty boy scout knives, and our fangs, and come over to visit y'all sometime after midnight some night when you least expect it. :e2teeth:
So, um, can Jay and I (heh) do the "discipline" over here when you all check in with less than stellar weekly achievements?

We don't actually wear floppy shoes or clown noses.

We run to dominatrix gear and torture implements.

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
BTW...I find nothing more terrifying than clowns. Well, snakes. But right after snakes, it's clowns.

Clowns are evil. Clowns are demons in not so much of a disguise. There is nothing funny about a clown. There is nothing light and fun about a clown.

Clowns ARE the horror story. And I felt that way far before Stephen King ever wrote "It".

Clowns...*SHUDDERS*...no clowns at the Humor Forum. Wit, yes, but no...*SHIVERS*...clowns...

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Now all I can think about is the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Clowns will destroy us all.
Destroy us all.
Destroy us all.
Destroy us all.
Destroy us all.
Destroy us all.
Destroy us all.

I know, but you had to have been there.

Pike

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
I thought that was what the little blue pill was for.

Nope! That's to keep you from rolling off your little doggie bed.

All kidding aside, I've been trying hard to work on new things. The going is getting easier. There's one novel idea already pushed to the side. BUT, I gave up for the time being on ever finishing one and HAVE finished a short. :hooray:

I'm typing it out and editing and will hopefully (I said this somewhere last week.) post by Sunday. There! I've given myself a deadline. Hopefully, I will at least give someone the heebee-geebees.

Status
Not open for further replies.