• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

TriadaUS Literary Agency

arkady

Registered
Reaction score
bloemmarc said:
I believe he is leaning more towards non-fiction. I just got his rejection letter for my fantasy series, although his did say my query sounded quite interesting. He said it was not the direction he wanted to go.

"Quite interesting?" Exactly the wording he used for my rejection. It's a form e-rejection. He wants to do non-fiction.

Haydee

Registered
Reaction score
New to the board

Hello everyone... I just discovered this board as I was googling Triada. This thread has been most informative, even if a little heated! I'm happy to say that Uwe asked for my complete manuscript, and I am now anxiously awaiting a reply! Everything that has been said about his eagerness and persistance is really encouraging to me... I really hope he likes my manuscript, because I think he would be the perfect agent for me! I'd rather wait a few years for my book to be published and work with someone honest and friendly than to be wondering about some agent who's too busy to talk to me.

Although I've only had two contacts with Uwe so far (a reply to my email query and a SASE reply to my first 30 pages), one thing that really impressed me was that his reply to my sample was hand-written. In all of my query-writing experience, all I've gotten from agents-- even those who requested to see more-- are form letters, probably stuffed by an anonymous reader.

I have to admit I am a little worried about his lack of sales in fiction, but everything else about his personality and agency seems to indicate that if he takes you on, he'll do his best.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Uwe is definitely on the move all the time, batting for us. Below is a partial list of his future attendance plans:

1. I will be a panelist at the Mystery Writers of America New England Chapter's Crimebake from November 10-12. For more info please go to: http://www.mwane.org/crimebake/Default.htm
2. I will be a panelist at the SCWC in San Diego from February 16-19, 2007. For more info please go to: http://www.writersconference.com/scwcmain.html
3. I will be a panelist at the CAPA-U on May 12, 2007 in Hartford.

Hope he likes your full. He does take time out for us. He's never let one of my emails go over 24 hrs.

Tri

Esaugetuh

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query letter to Triadaus on 9/8/06. I heard nothing from him. Sent a second letter and still have not had the courtesty of a reply. I've yet to find a book he's marketed.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query letter to Triadaus on 9/8/06. I heard nothing from him. Sent a second letter and still have not had the courtesty of a reply. I've yet to find a book he's marketed.

You'd do well to resend it. He rejected mine within twenty-four hours, very politely too.

Uwe

Dear Esaugetuh:

Sometimes mail gets lost in a spam filter (assuming you sent an email). If you address an email to me personally, then it will be answered (or to Paul Hudson). If you write generically, i.e. "Dear Agent" or "Dear TriadaUS" or no address at all, then it will not even be read.
If you write a snail mail query, then it has to have an SASE with exact postage or it will not be read.

As far as the books are concerned: Unlocking the Meaning of LOST sold out its first print run of 30,000 copies within four months of release and a second edition is coming out in March. That book was available everywhere.

365 Ways to Save Gas can be found everywhere and Cinderella is being released this month and has already gotten a great review in BOOKLIST. Eight more of my projects will be released in 2007 and many more in 2008 and beyond.

Best,
Uwe

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Uwe asked for a partial on my romance yesterday. His words were: "Sounds interesting, please send by snail mail."
Being the dork that I am, I immediately emailed back, "Do you want a partial, or the whole shootin' match?" Then I checked the website again and realized he meant a partial. After I ran up and down the hall a few times, I printed it out and it's in the mail.

hopeful

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the partial request, Chumplet!

-hopeful

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
From my Publishers Lunch. Nice one, Uwe! Very proud!

Sports
Top referee in the National Basketball Association Bob Delaney's COVERT: The Undercover Life of Bob Delaney, NBA Official, about a long-secret life as an undercover agent for the New Jersey State Police infiltrating the Mafia, wearing a wire for more than three years to gather evidence that led to the conviction of more than thirty members of the Genovese and Bruno crime families, with a foreword from NBA great Bill Walton, to Philip Turner at Union Square Press/Sterling, for publication in February 2008, to Uwe Stender at TriadaUS Literary Agency (world).
[email protected]
[email protected]

Tri

jedimaster107

Registered
Reaction score
From what i've read, it sounds like TriadaUS is a good agency. I discovered this agency when I was searching for agents in PA. I couldn't believe when I stumbled across this one. And the funny things is, since the agency is in Sewickly Pa, I WORK in Sewickly and live across the river in the next town (10 mins away). How funny is that? And I also found them on Agent Query as well. Since they are listed there, I guess they're good. Maybe whenever I get my MS done, I might try them.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From what i've read, it sounds like TriadaUS is a good agency. I discovered this agency when I was searching for agents in PA. I couldn't believe when I stumbled across this one. And the funny things is, since the agency is in Sewickly Pa, I WORK in Sewickly and live across the river in the next town (10 mins away). How funny is that? And I also found them on Agent Query as well. Since they are listed there, I guess they're good. Maybe whenever I get my MS done, I might try them.
This agent--Uwe, is a very nice gentleman. :)

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
P&E Recommended

Uwe/TriadaUS recently earned the coveted pink "Recommended" rating on Preditors & Editors. As one of his longtime clients, I'm so proud of him for that! I remember when he was first starting out and everyone was badmouthing him for not having sold any books yet. Now, he's a respected, recommended agent lauded by watchdog groups who keep track of who's good and who isn't. Bravo, Uwe!

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Uwe asked for a partial on my romance yesterday. His words were: "Sounds interesting, please send by snail mail."
Being the dork that I am, I immediately emailed back, "Do you want a partial, or the whole shootin' match?" Then I checked the website again and realized he meant a partial. After I ran up and down the hall a few times, I printed it out and it's in the mail.
Yay, Chumplet! So what happened since April? Any news or did I miss something yet again?!

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Well, he rejected it, but it was a handwritten note:

"Dear Sandra,
Thanks so much for sending the partial. I really enjoy the premise, I think it is very clever. The writing is solid, but, for me, the excitement that was 'described' did not 'come to life' for me. This is so subjective..." yadda yadda you know the rest.

He was very sweet, and encouraging. I'm not giving up hope.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Nice going, Chumplet! That's a good rejection, and he sounds like a real gentleman. And if he liked it, you *know* someone else will, too - and more! Get that ms back out there!

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com
Uwe (OO-vuh) is my agent, and I can vouch first-hand that he is first class all the way. And he trumpets his accomplishments much less than he could. A couple of his projects, already sold, are going to be huge. He's not far from being upper echelon, if he isn't already.

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
I concur, deathwizard

I concur. I'm one of Uwe's clients myself and I will shout his praises from the rooftops. (I'll shout them even more next week, when he and I release some exciting news, but you'll have to stay tuned on that. . .)