• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

TriadaUS Literary Agency

HoldinHolden

Blogger, author, poop joke maker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
holdinholden.com
The more I read about him, the more excited I get- but i'm trying not to get my hopes up TOO high!

HoldinHolden

Blogger, author, poop joke maker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
holdinholden.com
Anyone know the typical turnaround on a nonfic proposal? I sent it to Mr. Stender on Friday the 10th and haven't heard back yet. I know it hasn't been a LONG time in the grand scheme of things, but I have also read (here) how quick he is.

CallMeIshmael

Registered
Reaction score
Queried yesterday and received a full this AM. Definitely appreciate how quick he is! This will be a nice salve for the R on my full that I also got this AM. (sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

PS - my book: YA

Cookiepieces

Registered
Reaction score
I met Dr.Stender at one of our local colleges over a year ago, and recently, sent him one of my MS. It was not what he was looking for but, he is a really nice man, and if you have what he wants I would venture to say, helpful, too. He is very honest and very kind. I would not hesitate dealing with him.

radmadfad

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering sending him a query for a paranormal thriller.

So...

We've established that Uwe responds quickly and that he is kind and considerate, but what about his ability (and connections) as an agent?

Others have said he is a good agent for nonfiction, but what about fiction?

diana86

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dianaurban.com
I understand that he has an excellent track record for non-fiction, but like the previous poster I would love to know if Uwe is a good agent for fiction. I'd appreciate any input from his current clients. Thanks!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I had no luck with any fiction sales with Uwe. But he made every effort possible, leaving no stone unturned to sell the goods. that's just my experience. There's a list of sales on his website. Read and evaluate. Out of all the agent's I've known, I think is the most responsible and attentive I've every met.

tri

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He's got nearly 80 deals listed on PM. Of them, three are for fiction (two categorized as "General/Other" and one as "Women's/Romance"). The most recent is from 2009.

It's a fact that not all agents post every deal, but I can't imagine that he'd leave them off if he was successfully selling fiction. I think it's safe to assume that that's not where his contacts are (or his focus).

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I love him to bits, and he's very responsive and gave me a detailed response to a novel I submitted a while back. He said he was willing to see my different take on it, but until he has more fiction under his belt, I think I'll hold off. I'm giving this book a rest, and forging ahead with my new one. He's still on my list, however. I want to see how the fiction goes.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On the fiction page of their website, it looks like in Sept 2013, Dr. Stender sold a YA book to Knopf.

diana86

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dianaurban.com
This was about 2.8 years ago. I've been with my current (newest) agent for 2 years.

Thanks for the info!

On the fiction page of their website, it looks like in Sept 2013, Dr. Stender sold a YA book to Knopf.

Yep, I did see that page on his site. I was wondering what his success rate was with all of his fiction clients, since it seems like the vast majority of his deals are nonfiction.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Uwe

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your interest in TriadaUS Literary Agency.
For the most accurate and up-to-date sales info, please check:
For Fiction:
http://triadaus.com/FictionNews.htm

For Non Fiction:
http://triadaus.com/NonfictionNews.htm

In 2014, in non-fiction, I am especially looking for popular science, humor, blog-to-book, pop culture, hobby/craft, parenting, relationship, and how-to.

In fiction, my current emphasis is YA and middle grade, but I am also looking for mysteries and women's fiction.

Happy New Year,
Uwe

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
A friend of mine signed with him early this year for a MG. I'd heard Uwe does almost all non-fiction... but Friday they announced his MG sold to Delacorte! So it definitely worked out in his case :)

TeamJulia

How y'all doin'?
Registered
Reaction score
I saw this tweet from him:
"I would love to read a contemporary YA that found its inspiration in a middle eastern folktale. #querywishlist"

And was really excited to query him (even though mine isn't contemp, my protag is Turkish).

EQ: 9/4/14
Full Request: 9/8/14
Sent: 9/10/14
R: 9/15/14

YA UF 60,000

He does seem really nice. Said he enjoyed my story but didn't connect with the protag (16-yo girl, so I understand).

Onward!

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
Brent Taylor, who I remember as a YA blogger, is now agenting at TriadaUS, representing YA. He is young (younger than me, for sure, and I'm 23) and I don't know what his formal education is but he's been around the YA world for quite a few years now.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Brent Taylor, who I remember as a YA blogger, is now agenting at TriadaUS, representing YA. He is young (younger than me, for sure, and I'm 23) and I don't know what his formal education is but he's been around the YA world for quite a few years now.

Just to add to this - Brent has a solid resume. He was with the Bent Agency for 2 years as an intern (under esteemed agent, Jenny Bent) and another agency as well. He also ran a freelance editing service for 2 or 3 years. I'm excited to see what he does in the publishing world :)

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Uwe on 8/14/14 but never received a reply. So, I'm thinking that's a "no". Back to the drawing board.

When I was querying several years ago, I found that Mr. Stender generally responded to every query (and usually within a day or two), so perhaps he never got it? (I just checked his stats on QueryTracker, and it does look like he still responds to every query.) If it were me, I'd probably try him one more time, with a brief note at the top of your query about how you queried him last month but never received a reply.

Good luck!