• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

TriadaUS Literary Agency

honeycomb

Caroline
Registered
Reaction score
Just looking at the Publishers that Uwe contracts with, "World". Is that correct and who are they?

Thx

williamfromkc

I'm keeping my day job
Registered
Reaction score
Triada

I got rejected by Triada in AN HOUR! He holds the all time record among all the literary agents for the fastest reply. But he was polite and responsive so I have no complaints.

lmharmon

Registered
Reaction score
Uwe is very nice, and business-like, which I appreciate even though we are not working together.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Now that he's not my agent, thought I'd post here with my experience with this guy. In all ways Uwe was very nice. He read my entire manuscript and wrote me a handwritten, detailed half-page about what he liked about it. And then he said he would have signed me instantly if I had contacted him six months earlier, but that he was no longer taking my type of story. Which of course left me thinking, then why did he read it? But he invited me to send him any future projects. I have another agent now, but I kept the note from Uwe because it was so nice and encouraging. I got my manuscript back, too, and it was quite obvious he had gotten all the way through.

I also appreciated the fact that he got back to me in a very timely manner, so I wasn't left hanging for months and months.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Uwe is my agent, and he's been wonderful through any process that we've been assoicated with. He ranked 8th in overall sales for 2007, with some very big tickets and celeb clients. He now has a sub-agent, who specializes in non-fiction and who is giving him a hand. He never fails to get back to me the next day, update me frequently, and show aggresive behavoir when making submissions. I can attest that he reads every sub carefully, and always has something to say, good, bad or indifferent.

I might add that he just recieved the honor of being awarded soccer coach of the year in Pennsylvania, and taking the state championship. He's now on the roster for National Coach of Year, which is indeed an honor. The ethic and winning attitude that he's seared on the minds of his players, is the same attitude he instills in his literary clients.

Tri

hopeful

Registered
Reaction score
Inspiring, triceretops!!

Uwe sounds like a wonderful agent, a great soccer coach and an exceptional human being!

- hopeful

scully931

So you're suggesting what? Bigfoot?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.paragonstudios.org
I have a question---

You know how it's a good idea to say something to show you've researched the agent, etc. ? Well, what is the general opinion of saying something like you've heard such great things about them on writer's message boards? (Naming the board or not?) Just curious. I've always come close to saying something like that, but have never put it in.

Thoughts? Thanks! :Shrug:

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
It never hurts, as long as you don't go overboard and take it to the realm of pandering. Certainly some agent's deserve a certain amount of praise because they are so highly rated by authors and their peers. If they've made substantial accomplishments that are impressive, you can mention them in passing. No harm done.

Tri

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
Thanks, Tri. I use QueryTracker to keep track of my queries and when I looked up Uwe, there hadn't been a single positive response to the fantasy queries recorded, so I got to be first. It feels good. Now we'll just see how things pan out from here.:D

chinatown

Registered
Reaction score
so far, so good

I emailed a query and heard back in a few hours. He seemed very polite and enthusiastic and asked for the full ms. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

genre: literary fiction, women's

marie2

slowly but surely
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolemariemessina.tumblr.com
I just want to put down my two cents. Uwe was really professional and nice when I queried him. He asked for a full and sadly ended up passing but during our correspondence he was incredibly respectful and communicative.

colealpaugh

"Bear trumps Elephants!"
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.colealpaugh.com
A quote from the one of Coach Stender's opponents:

“They were everywhere, they were swarming. We knew they would be. ... We were outmatched.”---Beaver County Times

I guess that's how you want an agent to make editors/publishers to feel. Go Panthers!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I am officially represented by Uwe now :)

While I was on vacation two weeks ago, I sent out a query for every thousand words I wrote on my new WIP (and then a few more when I felt like it). I sent one to him on Monday and got a request for a snail mail full within two hours. Since I was away from paper, printer, and envelopes, I had to have a friend print it out and send it to him Tuesday morning. He offered representation that Saturday before I started my drive home. From query to offer was shorter than my one-week vacation, and that included the time the ms was in the mail.

He seems very nice, very professional, and very excited about Love Sucks.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Congrats, Sage! Nice to have you aboard. He is very swift--no lag time. Your editing/prep and agent submissions will be just as swift and precise. Be sure to huddle with Uwe and suggest any houses that you think might be appropriet for inclusion in the first round. He evaluates and considers.

Tri

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com
I am officially represented by Uwe now :)

While I was on vacation two weeks ago, I sent out a query for every thousand words I wrote on my new WIP (and then a few more when I felt like it). I sent one to him on Monday and got a request for a snail mail full within two hours. Since I was away from paper, printer, and envelopes, I had to have a friend print it out and send it to him Tuesday morning. He offered representation that Saturday before I started my drive home. From query to offer was shorter than my one-week vacation, and that included the time the ms was in the mail.

He seems very nice, very professional, and very excited about Love Sucks.

Indeed, congrats!

polleekin

Registered
Reaction score
I can't find any information on this-- has this agent sold any fiction yet? I see he's interested in it, but don't see any fiction sales as of now, just the nonfiction. (I know there's a first time for everything when an agent is branching out, just wondering.) Thanks in advance for any info. :)