Nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

justme

Well butter my biscuit!
Registered
Reaction score
An agent just requested a full. She said she really liked my partial. I'm so nervous now, I'm not sure what to think. I guess I've become accustom to rejection.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
After 14 rejections you've become accustom to rejection?

Well. Snap out of it. :D Loads of really talented writers get way more than fourteen rejections, and 8 partial requests PLUS a full request sounds to me like better-than-average stats. That being said, congratulations, and I hope this one lands you an agent!! :)

But if it doesn't, seriously don't despair. You're still in the early stages of submitting, I'd say.

justme

Well butter my biscuit!
Registered
Reaction score
After 14 rejections you've become accustom to rejection?

Well. Snap out of it. :D Loads of really talented writers get way more than fourteen rejections, and 8 partial requests PLUS a full request sounds to me like better-than-average stats. That being said, congratulations, and I hope this one lands you an agent!! :)

But if it doesn't, seriously don't despair. You're still in the early stages of submitting, I'd say.

You are right. I guess I hadn't thought of it that way. lol I forgot to mention that I'd sent out 50 queries. I guess those are better-than-average stats.

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Congratulations on the full request! :snoopy: Way to go! I wish I could give you some wonderful advice on how to handle those nerves but sadly, I have none. It's really a grit-your-teeth-and-bear-it sort of thing.

Best of luck!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I think your post is in the wrong forum. You should definitely have this under Accomplishments! You have a great beginning track record that tells me you're well on your way to securing representation. All the best to you!!

justme

Well butter my biscuit!
Registered
Reaction score
I think your post is in the wrong forum. You should definitely have this under Accomplishments! You have a great beginning track record that tells me you're well on your way to securing representation. All the best to you!!

I need to learn to navigate the board. lol Thanks everyone!

windyrdg

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
capearagopress.com
All you need is one agent who sees your vision and loves the book as much as you do. (Well, almost as much.) In the meantime, work on something else. If worse comes to worse, chew your fingernails. What else are they good for?

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the request for a full. Try not to get too worried about it. You'll just drive yourself bonkers. So sit back, relax, and think positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.